[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Squier Logo JPG_1211322051.jpg (194KB, 1200x526px) Image search: [Google]
Squier Logo JPG_1211322051.jpg
194KB, 1200x526px
Thoughts?
>>
>>71678983
too broad a question. big difference between a bullet and a classic vibe.
>>
They're okay if you're under the age of 17 and are just starting.
>>
File: jmascisjazzmaster2008.jpg (145KB, 736x744px) Image search: [Google]
jmascisjazzmaster2008.jpg
145KB, 736x744px
>>71678983
JV Strats from the mid 80s are the shit. Classic Vibe ones are good too.

Don't bother with Affinity models - the tremolos don't hold tune on the Strats, the Tele bridges always slip and the finish on the beck is pretty poor; you can feel the fret edges on most of them and there's often a lot of buzz even with the best attempt at intonation.

Just buy a Japanese Fender second-hand. I just bought one of these.
>>
>>71678983
means nothing, now that fender is making name-brand in china...
>>
>>71679077

i can't speak for classic vibes but the Vintage Modified series has the same qc problems, sharp frets, shittily cut nuts, just retardedly bad but kids on the internet try to meme them into being "good". I did like the duncan designed soapbars on my VMJM though, but that guitar was basically unfinished brand new, had to do a lot to make it usable

i def agree on the Jap Squiers though. I had a japanese bullet squier strat and it played great, kinda bummed i sold it
>>
I have a Squier P Bass. Cannot complain, it's fine.
But bass guitar isn't a real instrument anyway.

Squier is worse at being an entry level Fender than Epiphone is at being an entry level Gibson, if that makes any sense at all.
>>
Any time you buy a Squier you are paying a 50% ___caster tax. The guitars are fine, but keep that in mind. You can get something like whatever the cheapest asian SX strat is for 90 dollars and it will be greater than or equal to the 200 dollar Squier ____caster guitar.

Not really talking about the "high end" squiers, but still if you're willing to drop 400 dollars you might as well just get a MIM Fender, it will look more like a real (American) Fender and will get you laid constantly
>>
>>71679418
>But bass guitar isn't a real instrument anyway.

?
>>
Depends on the series and the individual instrument. Like the others said, Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified are usually pretty solid, but be sure to try out the individual instrument before buying it.
>>
Squiers and any low end guitar fender clones are hit and miss. at your local guitar center right now there is a good squier strat and a shit squier strat of the same model for the same price. You have to play a bunch to find one where the neck isn't twisted or fucked, then you're good.

Pickups, hardware, finish are all a meme, an electric guitar is the neck, if you have a good neck you have a good electric guitar.
>>
>>71679462
>if you have a good neck you have a good electric guitar.

Never a truer word spoken. You can get around shitty resonance with good pickups and a booster in the signal chain but a bad neck makes it awful to play. Personally I like a gloss neck but satin finishes are always nice until your hands get hot
>>
>>71679462
>>71679820
>Pickups, hardware
>are all a meme
First of all
>replying to yourself
Second of all
>kek
>>
File: hmm.jpg (10KB, 193x262px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
10KB, 193x262px
>>71678983
It's a company; "by" indicates it's a smaller firm owned by that Fender company.
>>
>>71678983
Classic vibe series are really good, but they are too expensive now.
>squier classic vibe tele £422
>Mexican standard tele £507
>>
>>71679438
>Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified are usually pretty solid
It is a shame they insist on putting so much lacquer on the neck, the pickups and hardware are surprisingly good
>>
>>71678989
This. Some Squiers are relatively good for the buck. Others are obviously to be avoided.

I have a Mexican strat, and it's alright I guess, but I'll probably put in some new pick ups and what-not and then it'll be far out dude
>>
I tries one of these out. It looks really cool but the finish isnt very nice and the neck feels small in my hand. Other than that it sounded pretty good. I ended up buying the fender mustang p90 for not much more and im happy with my purchase.
>>
File: 0303000546_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (547KB, 2400x778px) Image search: [Google]
0303000546_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
547KB, 2400x778px
>>71680989
Forgot pic
>>
>>71678983
The Classic Vibe tele (50s) is better than the entry level Fenders and can hold its own against more expensive models. I also played with a Squier Strat Deluxe for years which felt and sounded amazing. In my experience, they've been more hit than miss.
>>
>>71678983
Most of the higher end Squiers I've played are decent but I got a used MiN strat as my first guitar for ~$270 so I think I'm set
>>
I got a Squire Jaguar bass for $200, no complaints here my dude
>>
File: IMG_1020.jpg (657KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1020.jpg
657KB, 2448x3264px
>>71679427
This. Spend a little extra on the MIM. I ended up modding mine a couple years back. Was originally a sunburst.
>>
File: WP_20161118_15_51_32_Pro.jpg (378KB, 916x1632px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161118_15_51_32_Pro.jpg
378KB, 916x1632px
>>71678983
I've got a VM jaguar, I'm very happy with it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.