[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will be the AOTY for 2017? I'm thinking the new Sun Kil Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2437.jpg (92KB, 960x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2437.jpg
92KB, 960x952px
What will be the AOTY for 2017? I'm thinking the new Sun Kil Moon
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/
>>
don't see anything beating this desu
>>
>>71676642
Pink flamingos ost?
>>
>>71676642
actually, in regard to the filename, I'll say A Crow Looked At Me is currently my choice. can't think of anything else I'm looking forward to that might beat it, other than the new Fleet Foxes

>>71676652
Ping Flamingus - Very Experimental Album For Patricians Only
>>
>>71676652
no, the new Grails which is just so boring he has to make his reply interesting somehow.
>>
>>71676692
>looking forward
we're almost 3 months in. You should be looking back.
>>
There have been some good albums like SKM and Mount Eerie but there's nothing truly great yet.

Actress album might be good but the lead single is kinda shit

Fleet Foxes will be good but not great

I feel like this year will need some digging
>>
>>71676692
oh shit, how could I forget the new Do Make Say Think. hopefully that's great
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWTSh_p0r7s&t=3s
>>
The new Bjork hopefully, haven't listened to anything really great yet this year.

Looking forward to the new Slowdive and Arca but I don't know if they'll be aoty material.
>>
>>71676850
released March 15, 2017

Thats a relief. The first song had me terrified of how embarrassed I'd be that I slept on it.
>>
>>71676850
ripoff the first song is the only one even remotely like that. They put it first so obviously they think highly of it. So why not make the whole album that way? I dont get it.
>>
>>71676991
Every song on the album sounds different what a fucking ripoff
>>
>New Ariel Pink going back to his super lofi haunted graffiti era
>rumored new John Maus
>New Panda Bear solo
>New Philip Glass
>Turbo Graf 16
>New Basinski
>2 New SKMs
>A new AnCo 10 inch for RSD called The Water Meeting or something that's supposed to be a return to prospect hummer days
>New Mount Eerie

this gonna be a good year
>>
>>71677068
oh I dunno a lot of it sounded like bluesy rock but maybe I was browsing too fast
>>
I waiting for the new LCD Soundsystem
>>
bump for new music

stuff thats already out. yknow so I can actually listen to it.
>>
>>71678789
Dirty Projectors
>>
>>71676850
Damn this is dope, thanks hombre
>>
>>71679022
Damn that's your aotysf? Guess I should listen to it again. I gave it a 3/5 which is good but not aoty contention.
>>
File: ghostwriter_ss_steven-wilson-2.jpg (159KB, 700x606px) Image search: [Google]
ghostwriter_ss_steven-wilson-2.jpg
159KB, 700x606px
>>71676509
Steven Wilson like always
>>
>>71680555
Blackfield 5 or whatever it's called?
>>
pure comedy is aoty already tho
>>
>>71676509
The new Sun Kil Moon album was trash, as of now mine is either Xiu Xiu or King Gizzard's new record. However the start to 2017 has been pretty bad and mostly likely Ariel Pink's next album will probably end up being my personal AOTY.
>>
File: folder.jpg (214KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
214KB, 800x800px
gotta be honest this one just became my favorite
>>
>>71680598
He might be talking about the next SKM in June with Jesu
>>
>>71677072
>New Panda Bear solo
Source?
>>
File: 1485335127685.jpg (31KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1485335127685.jpg
31KB, 550x512px
>>71680548
I suppose it's still too early, but that album is the one that resonate with me the most. It's probably incredibly subjective since I just broke up with my gf during when the album was dropped.

The only legit criticism is Longstreth's vocal but that's expected from Dirty Projectors. His voice in this album felt like karaoke wailing, with voice sometimes crack and it felt he's holding back tears at times.

I really like how restrained the album is for being a DP record, but still at the same time it's still a "weird" pop album with its quirks and such. Some fans seems to disregarded it for embracing the R&B sounds but it fits the theme for a breakup album, the DP's 808s. It's definitely a rewarding album if you keep listening to it.

The lyrics is the main course since it deals with both his breakup with Coffman and the breakup of the band. The lyrics can be corny at times but the best lyrical moments are pretty heartful at times (Little Bubble is great at this). It's also possibly one of the most optimistic breakup I've listened, there's almost none of the bitterness of the usual breakup shit (except the line "what I want from is truth, what yours is fame"), and it's truly refreshing.

Yeah, it's a solid album. Actually, I can even argue that it's much more solid as an album compared to the last two.
>>
>>71680598
Embarrassing opinion. King Jizz sucked fat cock, much more boring than SKM
>>
>>71680598
> disliked SKM
> liked the new Xiu Xiu and King Gizzard
jesus christ lol
>>
>>71676509
The new neutral milk hotel album
>>
>>71681614
It's gonna be this no questions.

Jeff has been writing music for 19 years straight and is just releasing more now.
>>
>>71676509
DOOMSTARKS (i can dream)
bandana
possibly earls next album
>>
>>71681641
but hes a shit songwriter so it will be shit who gives a fuck lol
>>
File: 6315960.jpg (180KB, 1200x1200px)
6315960.jpg
180KB, 1200x1200px
You people need to stop being such a lazy fucks and take your time to listen to this shit.
This is by far the best album this year and it's going to be hard to be topped.
>>
Jon Hopkins if he delivers this year
>>
File: hills.jpg (199KB, 1200x1200px)
hills.jpg
199KB, 1200x1200px
Pic related is my favorite so far, even though it's just a live album. I'm also hopeful for DMST and Panda Bear
>>
>>71680874
I disagree with this. SKM had a few minutes worth of material for a song then decided to run with it for five minutes longer. Kozelek's voice is so unattractive now especially with him using that broken tone all the time.
>>
>>71682814
band releases hours and hours of the same song over and over. thanks ive heard 1 magnetic fields song, ive heard them all no need to sit through that long ass shit
>>
Process by Sampha
>>
>>71682814
by the law of averages, the longer an album is the closer to average it gets. This is fucking 50 songs. gee I wonder what ill think of it
>>
>>71676509
i didn't like new sun kil moon, the best album i've heard this year was the new valerie june but i've been kinda sleeping on 2017 releases
>>
>>71676509
Dear god I hope not
>>
File: IMG_2454.jpg (103KB, 403x309px)
IMG_2454.jpg
103KB, 403x309px
>>71683224
>
>>
>>71682814
fuck the magnetic fields
>>
>>71676509
>Not the new Planning For Burial
pleb
>>
AOTY will be a surprise Death Grips album
>>
>>71681614
>>71681641
Wait, WHAT?! There's a new NMH album coming?? Do not fuck with me on this.
>>
>>71676723
Worst newtrip, A Crow Looked At Me was the first 9/10 in like 10 years
>>
>>71683800
dumb as fuck. keep taking off the best songs from a bad record and wow, you're left with a shorter album and a lower overall score. thanks for proving my point
>>
File: jeffo mysterio.png (863KB, 1273x781px) Image search: [Google]
jeffo mysterio.png
863KB, 1273x781px
>>71683986
>Recently, Netural Milk Hotel’s Jeff Mangum began selling new, original handmade drawings as part of a series called “the book cipher sings.” Mangum has been selling his art on the NMH site since 2005, but the most recent batch has led to increased speculation that new music is on the way. Now, one Redditor who purchased some art has pointed out that the words “double album” are written at the top of a particular piece, along with various question marks. Another drawing says “double awol bombe”–a drawn out spelling of double album. And in yet another picture, there’s “double” at the top, and the letters “L” and “P” upside-down beneath the faces of the main figures.

>Below, see the primary image in question, which says “double album.” See more drawings here and here. Pitchfork reached out to Neutral Milk Hotel’s reps, who could not offer any confirmation.

>In another thread, one user has offered more potential evidence suggesting more Neutral Milk Hotel music is on the way. First, the drawing displayed on the sale page has “1st,” “2nd,” and “3rd” on it. The band has released two albums–1996’s On Avery Island and 1998’s beloved In the Aeroplane Over the Sea–which could suggest a third is forthcoming. In addition, the drawing’s description includes the word “steganography,” which is a message concealed in another message–something that Mangum could very well be doing with his drawings.

http://pitchfork.com/news/69153-neutral-milk-hotel-drawings-spark-speculation-about-new-double-album/

this was in october last year and we've heard nothing since
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.