[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God tier Goth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I'm a metal head and I completely missed the boat on anything gothic or gaze. But I heard the Cocteau Twins and it opened up my ears, their whole discography is on loop. But I don't know shit about anybody else. I've heard most of the essential bands at least a little bit but I don't know what is like, the undeniable gems I haven't heard. Anybody care to give me some direction? I know I like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Chapterhouse, Type O, etc. HALP O WISE ONES

Also general gothy/post punky recs all songs if you're feeling it
>>
Script of the bridge by the chameleons is one of my favorite albums, check that out. Pretty much proto-goth rock by one of the original postpunk bands.
>>
>>71676353
>Pretty much proto-goth rock
I may beg to differ. Siouxie, Damned, and Christian Death were well around before them. I would argue they were proto-shoegaze.
>>
>>71676353
>Script of the bridge by the chameleons is one of my favorite albums, check that out.
yes
>Pretty much proto-goth rock by one of the original postpunk bands.

huh?
>>
Well, sorry i guess? Way i see it, it is related to the roots of goth rock, if only to the gothy side of post-punk.
>>
File: Chrome_Half_Machine_Lip_Moves.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chrome_Half_Machine_Lip_Moves.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
My fav post punk album incoming. SUPER ahead of its time, basically

Stooges style punk + krautrock inspired jams + lo fi production + NOISE + post punk + a cool campy sci fi flavour

just brilliant
>>
File: kj.jpg (127KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
kj.jpg
127KB, 460x460px
Requiem
https://youtu.be/U7WPI4TJImo
>>
>>71676182
I'm not an expert but I enjoy some of this kind of stuff
Besides what you already mentioned:

>darkwave
Lycia
Chelsea Wolfe

>post-punk
This Mortal Coil (the EP in particular)
The Chameleons (not quite goth but it's got the vibe, great music regardless)

>gothic rock
Fields of the Nephilim
The Sisters of Mercy

>gothic metal
Tiamat (Wildhoney in particular is some of the best the genre has to offer)
The Gathering (Mandylion and about half of Nighttime Birds)
Moonspell
Paradise Lost
Katatonia (mainly Discouraged Ones, maybe Dance of December Souls if you stretch the standards some, but it's mostly doom metal)

>ethereal wave
Autumn Grey's Solace (the beautiful side of goth, may decrease your testosterone)
>>
>>71676182
Listen to Cranes, dude. Cranes and Cocteau Twins have always been a great combo to me, like strawberries and cream
>>
>>71676689
damn sounds great. checkin it out for sure.
>>71676730
good choice
>>
CLAN OF XYMOX
NIGHT SINS
BODY OF LIGHT
THE CHAMELEONS
THE ESSENCE
THE CULT
NEW ORDER
THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
THE MISSION UK
NOSFERATU
THE WAKE
THE SISTERS OF MERCY
ROSETTA STONE
THIS BURNING EFFIGY
WITCHING HOUR
XYMOX
GARDEN OF MARY
SHORT ROMANS
CHILDREN ON STUN
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.