[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wh-why don't you guys like me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3712.jpg (73KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3712.jpg
73KB, 806x806px
>>
because that's the worst cover out of the three. I bought the Panda Bear cover

Lying In The Grass is one of the best songs AnCo has ever released.
>>
because you haven't written anything good since Down There?
>>
But I like you a lot Painting With :)
>>
File: 1486858052407.png (28KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1486858052407.png
28KB, 354x286px
but i do
>>
I like you well enough
>>
>>71676156
>>71676171
>>71676175
>>71676210
I love you guys
>>71676160
GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png (81KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png
81KB, 316x316px
>>
Because your audience has evolved whilst you devolved into your most base, monotonous, and uninspired work. The handful of melodies of any merit Panda was able to shove into your rotting corpse are woefully drowned in meandering and bland synths and clutter. May god have mercy on you all for what you've done here.
>>
File: 1461434326018.png (460KB, 446x637px) Image search: [Google]
1461434326018.png
460KB, 446x637px
>tfw i was super into anco for a year (even pw/danse/etc) and now i barely listen to them and find them vaguely embarrassing

I guess I just wore them out
>>
Indie rock isn't fashionable anymore. It needs pop appeal and politically charged lyrics.
>>
>>71676327
>Painting With
>No pop appeal
>>
File: IMG_2384.jpg (54KB, 770x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2384.jpg
54KB, 770x435px
Anco has now been bad for more than half a decade

Anco has now been as bad as they were good
>>
But I'm literally listening to you right now.

>>71676473
>Implying Centipede Hz is bad
Literally the most pleb opinion.
>>
>>71676516
It's mediocre

ANco stopped being good songwriters after strawberry jam (MPP was carried with their energy and textures and harmonies)
>>
>>71676292
*sips le green tea* Ah, yes fellow sir.
>>
>>71676473
yeah but in the last half a decade they released two albums
compared to when they were good they were averaging an album per year
>>
>>71676139
>>71676284
my fav anco projects
>>
>>71676616
yeah too bad they want to focus on solo stuff so much. The only really great thing that has come out of that is Person Pitch. I think their other solo stuff is good and all but I'd trade them, minus PP, for a couple more good anco albums any day.
>>
>>71676762
New AnCo ep coming on re order day and I'd wager new someones solo album later this year. New album late 2018 maybe?
>>
>>71676762
>that feel when anco dominates the first page on /mu/ in 2017
>>71676781
I deleted that post to add an image but you quoted it...

Anyway Panda has been working on solo stuff since January at least so he will definitely have an album out in 2017 I think. What's really interesting to me is that Avey has solo dates scheduled this summer. I'm guessing that means he's doing a solo album in a hurry too. No matter what, it'll be interesting to see what he is playing there.

My heart is telling me they want to do another anco album quickly after learning from PW to demo their songs live, since the songs from PW really only started developing live in the past several months. They're a lot better now than they were even on the live bandcamp albums. I think they will start doing new material live in 2017, as early as this summer possibly.

Deak already said he's working on new solo material. I wish his talents were spent with the band rather than solo.
>>
>>71676709
i don't think that they really made a conscious effort to do more solo stuff, at least not initially, it just came about as the band all moved to different places, especially since panda is all the way in portugal
>>
>>71676284
Only plebs prefer STGSTV over this.
>>
FLOR
FLOR
FLOR
FLOR
FLORIDA
FLORIDADA
FLORIDADA
>>
it's ok, too many filler tracks
anco probably won't make another great album like here comes the indian or feels again though
>>
>>71677819
Dubs and they make an album far surpassing STGSTV and the entire human race transcends time and space and AnCo ushers in a new era of blissful euphoric peace accompanied by their sweet layered harmonies and deliciously complex counterpoint choruses

if singles then they make Fanboy and Chum Chum shit for the rest of their lives
>>
>>71677452
I don't know about that, but it's still a really underrated album. Panda's drumming is god tier on Danse.

Also, PW and CHz are both good albums. Maybe not better than their other material, but still really good in my opinion.
>>
Well if you're out and about on the freeway no... dinosaurs to worry about...
>>
GOD TIER:
FloriDada
Vertical
Golden Gal
GREAT TIER:
The Burglars
Hocus Pocus
Recycling
MEH TIER:
Lying In The Grass
On Delay
SHIT TIER:
Everything Else
>>
>>71680205
Golden gal is so overrated, it's probably their worst song since Merriweather
>>
>>71680205
Painting With is Great Tier though
>>
>>71676327
t. someone who never listened to Painting With
>>
>>71676473
Animal Collective has been around for nearly 2 decades though, so your point is moot.
>>
>>71681646
Golden Gal is good but you're right, it's definitely overrated. The Burglars, On Delay, Spilling Guts, Hocus Pocus, Lying in the Grass, and Vertical are all much better songs in my opinion.
>>
>>71676139
Gimmicks to cover up shit songwriting. Simple as that.
>>
>>71677880
Damn
>>
>>71676139
honestly one of my top 5 anco albums.

Campfire Songs
Sung Tongs
Here Comes the Indian
Painting With
Danse Manatee
>>
>>71676139
avey looks so sad in this art :(
like he's been beaten down so much over the years
>>
I relisten sometimes to see if I somehow missed something.

It's worse each time. Not just because the music is at times mediocre, annoying, or embarrassing, but because above all it's just so disappointing. I still hold out hope they haven't totally lost it, and realize the Painters EP was just remnants of this abysmal period in their career, but they haven't been giving me much reason to realistically expect it lately.
>>
>>71681813
>spilling guts
my nigga, never see that song get any love
>>71681838
their songwriting has only improved over time, what are you talking about?
>>
>>71676139
I so badly wanted this album to be good after the mediocricy of Centipede Hz but the boys managed to suck ass more. I still think they're capable of giving us god tier material (Painters EP) but I don't expect anything for another 2 years or so.
>>
When are niggas gonna stop sleeping on natural selection
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.