[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/sterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: MountEerie.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
MountEerie.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
Is this the next great album of the 2010s?

Full album here:
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/16/520013269/first-listen-mount-eerie-a-crow-looked-at-me

RYM:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mount-eerie/a-crow-looked-at-me/
>>
It's the Blackstar of 2017.
>>
>Is this the next great album of the 2010s?
why would it be?
>>
>>71673083
So Phil will die soon?
>>
>>71673064
It has a 4.09 w/ 449 ratings.

I remember when A Moon Shaped Pool released it had a very similar rating, and AMSP is #8 on the 2010s chart.

So I would say yes.
>>
DUDE DEAD WIFE LMAO
>>
explain me what's so special about this piece of music? why do you consider it one of the greatest albums of the decade?
>>
Still waiting for a good encode.
>>
>>71673064
stop fucking shilling this garbage and kill yourself for your terrible taste. Keep sucking Phil's dick you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1489182839665.png (187KB, 434x311px) Image search: [Google]
1489182839665.png
187KB, 434x311px
I'm listening into it right now. I kind of feel like I'm doing some sort of injustice because I've never been a microphones or mount eerie fan. All of the rym reviews so far are pretty much right on the money: it's more about the storytelling and atmosphere than it is the songwriting and melodies and stuff. So it's kinda got the sun kil moon style? Except he's actually got something to sing about.

I really want to like this a lot, but musically I can't get past the fact that it's bland. The stories are sad, but I'm so easily losing focus on it. It's boring.

Maybe I'm just a prick who can't admire real emotion, I don't know.
>>
>>71673421
sorry, image isn't related.
>>
>>71673064
It was amazing but I don't know if I want to listen to it again for a long while. It just wouldn't be the same as listening to it for the first time.
>>
>>71673421
This is going to seem insensitive, but to me this more comes off as spoken word poetry than a really solid piece of music. He's just telling you sad stories. I'm not really into it at all
>>
File: 1489967227335.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1489967227335.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>when he says 'I went back to feel alone there'

fucking hell, that hit me right in the feels, wasn't expecting it
>>
>YOU ARE THE SUNSET

*stops
>>
>>71673582
>the distance was the point
Fuck... I'd had those feelings before, but had never been able to say what they were, but Phil gave me the words to explain it.
Pvre Fvcking Genivs
>>
>>71673064
not even good enough to be a meme
>>
>>71673874
>>71673776
>>71673416
>>71673155

4.09, bitches

stay mad
>>
>>71673928
i was complimenting the album shitwad, it was a great way to end the 2nd track dickbag
>>
>I can't create good music, better write sad lyrics and appeal to modern sensitivities
>>
But undeniably there is a guitar.

Does the lack of rhymes make it poetry?

I don't think so.
>>
>>71673928
the fact that rym users rate albums tells you enough
>>
File: nazi.png (15KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
nazi.png
15KB, 800x480px
>>
>>71673421
Ya I get this. It's the same reason I don't like Sun Kil Moon.
>>
PHIL? PHIL ELVERUM?
>>
Gave it a listen. based on first impressions, it's definitely true that he didn't do much at all to really vary the sound. Even an album like Benji had a wider array of sounds. This album isn't bad though. If you're not into the lyricism, you'll probably completely drop this. Sorta reminds me of Nick Drake as well.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.