[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Frank Sinatra's saddest and most emotional, impactful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Frank Sinatra - Watertown.jpg (474KB, 700x685px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Sinatra - Watertown.jpg
474KB, 700x685px
This is Frank Sinatra's saddest and most emotional, impactful, and sentimental album. You guys need to try it, it will make you feel feels that you never thought you had from a time period you didn't spend your youth in.

It's essential /sad day/core
>>
>>71671978
I heard about it in some list about how it's that one super fucking patrician Frankie album that never found success because it wasn't mainstream sounding. Was never able to relocate the list or album though. Thx, will check out.
>>
>>71672141
It's fucking great, you can listen to it right now on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mjfcdcpUU

My mission on /mu/ is to spread as many of Frank Sinatra's endless amount of good albums to everyone here so that we can all become patrician and appreciate his vast quality discography. The last song, The Train, will nearly bring a tear to your eye and make you feel really uneasy, but in a good melodramatic way.
>>
>>71672241
Don't even try to do anything on this cancerous nu male hipster cess pool of sheeple
>>
>>71672401
Although I agree with you as to what this place is, there are still some alright people here, they're just a minority among all the faggots.
>>
This sounds really cool, thanks for the rec
>>
>>71671978
Been getting into 1950s crooner stuff lately, been listening to Best Of's from Sinatra and Perry Como.

Thanks for the rec.
>>
>>71672743
Best Ofs are good in the case of Sinatra because everything he does is good, but I highly recommend that overtime you take the time to listen through each of his 70 studio albums
>>
>>71672692
No problem buddy, glad I could be of help.
>>
>>71671978
It's a shame Sinatra didn't go down a conceptual and experimental route with jazz-pop like he did with this album and In The Wee Small Hours. Music would have been very different, but that's what happens when your too famous for your own good. Oh and dealing with the mafia.
>>
>>71673149
Several of his album were concept albums, while the majority of them were at least oriented around one central theme or feeling. It would be nice if he made more strict concept albums though.
>>
Just finished listening to this, that was beautiful, thanks for the rec OP
Favorite was either The Train or For A While
She Says was gorgeous too
>>
>>71673548
Wow, I'm actually really happy that I could help you with that. Now go, my disciple, and tell others about the greatness of Frank Sinatra.
>>
>Any Sinatra album being sadder than "Only for the Lonely"
>>
>>71673741
Only for the Lonely is very sad, and also a 10/10 album, but Watertown is his saddest and a 10/10 as well.
>>
File: 12543.png (1MB, 804x745px) Image search: [Google]
12543.png
1MB, 804x745px
>>71672241
Holy fuck this is amazing
>>
>>71674221
You guys have no idea how awesome it feels to bring some actual discussion and happiness to people on /mu/. What were your favorite tracks?
>>
>>71671978
Does the album cover remind anyone else of that one town in Red Dead Redemption?
>>
>>71674254
I should probably listen to it a few more times but Goodbye, I Would Be In Love, and Elizabeth are standouts. I'm a little disappointed that it didn't end as melancholic as it began.
>>
>>71674657
Good choices, I'm sure it will grow on you overtime anon!
>>
>>71671978
In the Wee Hours of the Morning is sadder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ImGP33hcc4
>>
>>71674715
Have you heard All Alone, No Point of Return, I Remember Tommy, The World We Knew, and A Man Alone? They're pretty sad too, they're all underrated quality Sinatra records.
>>
>>71674777
Great Songs From Great Britain is objectively his best album though
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.