[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the best album for dubstep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9345.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9345.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>
Possibly, actually. Nero was one of the few melodic producers. This is /mu/ though so 50 people are going to come and jerk off over Burial Untrue
>>
>>71671952
I enjoyed it at the time, but I prefer the first Chase and Status album
>>
>>71671952
sheesh, this brings back some good memories
>>
>dubstep
>album
It's a singles record, sometimes mixes
>>
Skream's s/t is good so is "Benga - Diary of an Afro Warrior". Also "Plastician - Beg to Differ" but that has a bit of Grime. I don't like Nero so you might not like any of these
>>
>>71672745
Those albums are in an entirely separate genre from Nero's work
>>
>>71672314
>Singles album
>Barely has any besides innocence and remix EP's
>>
>>71672922
Yes, they're dubstep
>>
>>71672745
Eh. I like moody good and that album was filled with grime but also great dubstep. I'd recommend it since
It does have some that are grime based

>>71672286
That album was a pretty good one, but second one just has the more energy in it. But hurt you is the best off of that album
>>
>>71673026
wanted to say genre but spewed out records
sry my bad
>>
>>71673046
It's a spectrum of how dubstep varies insanely. If anything, it's either calm like burial or intense and has no real melody, like skrillex or kill the noise or flux pavilion
>>
>>71673046
They definitely are, but I wouldn't call Nero dubstep

>>71673137
If anything Nero is closer something like House than dubstep
There's no "dub" influences in his music
>>
>>71673179
Nero is a group of 3, and originally kicked off with drum and bass. Listen to songs like electron or etude just to get a Geist of their taste. This album I posted is their best work, but between two worlds was also stellar. And they do have dub influence. Their remix of hypercaine from DJ fresh was incredible and holds up, 7 years later
>>
Wow, nostalgia. I really liked the theme and mood that the album tried for.

Their recent project wasn't that bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVQJ4-n_cA

I listened to this song on repeat so many times.
>>
>>71673277
Man I love this album, but the issue is how you either get a orchestral suite and exclusives in the original version, but with the + version, there's etude and that massive skrillex and Nero remix.

https://youtu.be/ugrFTySNeQk

This song is my personal favorite just from its groove alone
>>
>>71672219
Nero, Culprate, koan sound, reso, and skism all had this flow back in 2011 and did very well with it. Even if reso made some of the most brutal dub songs, they felt incredible to listen to
>>
James Blake is the best pure dubstep album ever released.
>>
>>71673137
This might help you out:
You can call Skream "Dubstep", because his music is of the classic UK style.
You can call Nero "Brostep" because their later work (like Welcome Reality") takes after newer harsh and aggressive style.
>>
>>71674587
I hate using the term brostep. Honestly, it sounds degrading, even if the people make their best efforts to make the song sound much more intense.
>>
>>71674607
I don't like the term either

>>71673705
Horrible bait, try again
>>
My favorite Nero song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndv9ecwOpjk
>>
>>71674675
Into the past is one good song. It's a weird song to hear, especially from the dubstep group
>>
File: escape from electric mountain.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
escape from electric mountain.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
Unironically this
>>
>>71674885
>Feed me
>Not being incredible

He's the best electro house producer behind mord fustang and kill the noise. Best song is one click headshot or mordez moi
>>
>>71674885
Damn, never thought I'd see Feed Me unironically get praise on this shithole, I can get behind this.
>>
File: IMG_9307.jpg (42KB, 697x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9307.jpg
42KB, 697x393px
>>71674940
The day when we see modestep get praised on this board, I'd be dead. That group made some great music up until last year. They fell for the trapstep meme
>>
>>71674988
Shit, them too. I mean I can discuss /mu/core left and right but through middle school and high school was that huge pre-EDM boom with the new "dubstep" coming to rise and that was my shit back in the day. I still throw on some stuff from back then every now and again.
>>
>>71675043
I miss the days of 2010/2011 when dubstep had only just been invented
>>
>>71675065
Absolutely, before it got the tag of brostep it was so unique and interesting.
>>
>>71675043
Dubstep still has that, but it's slowly getting better after 2015 fucked it over. If anything, sound design has just fucked everything over. My only complaint is that it's just getting noisier. Trampa and yookie just push the limit of how much screeching I can fathom in a song, yet these producers find that their lucky weapon. At least excision and co still have their incredible sound alive
>>
>>71674923
You ever hear this one? My favorite track from him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjVtVvWR40

But my favorite strictly electro house producer would probably have to be OVERWERK. I'm also a big fan of Zedd. I guess Justice would count as well because a lot of their earlier music was electro house, same with Porter Robinson.
And if you haven't heard Danger you should give him a try (french house, electro house, synthwave)
>>
>>71675065
>2010 UKF
>That August mix

It was all golden, and it lived for so little time. And that album mix that year has some incredible songs
>>
>>71675065
>>71675092
You guys know that dubstep has been around since 98 right
The term brostep started going around in 2010 to describe the new crazy sound
>>
>>71675114
This is feed me's best work, and it had never been released

https://youtu.be/nnL_LCHQ7og
>>
>>71675114
God bless Danger, 19h11 is a journey. Also, Porter Robinson's Spitfire EP was my shit.

>>71675153
Yes, hence why in my previous post I said "new "dubstep"". Also why I brought up the rising popularity of the term "brostep", because by the time that term actually caught on the sound had became saturated.
>>
>>71675110
Not him but I've been a huge fan of Excision since 2012, his stuff is probably the "heaviest" EDM I enjoy. I've only heard one Trampa EP (I think it was called Jurassic, it was released on Datsik's label Firepower Records) and didn't really like it, but that was a while ago.
>>
>>71675189
Haven't heard this in so long, but I gotta disagree. It's good though
Still prefer the Gorillaz original way more
>>
>>71675198
Spitfire was great to be honest, but some of the songs in worlds I liked. Fresh static snow and flicker are my favorites, but that album is flawed. Fellow feeling was shit
>>
>>71675261
Flicker was absolute anime garbage lol. Wish he'd keep that shit out of his music, it's cringey
>>
>>71675244
The original is better, but the remix does feel a bit more fleshed out

>>71675214
That EP was a starting point for skism to change the scene of dubstep. Too bad trampa hasn't done good since dance up
>>
>>71675261
Yeah, Worlds had a few standouts but it's just strange hearing that after jamming to Spitfire years ago.
>>
>>71675293
True to that. Ever hear the mat zo remix of that song? It felt like he flipped the crap off of the original, and demolished it with some DnB and dub
>>
>>71675313
>Itunes review

If you want a good laugh, it's from that damn thing. The person writing that and welcome realitys descriptions should be killed for how stupid they made the albums look
>>
File: IMG_9354.jpg (112KB, 748x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9354.jpg
112KB, 748x478px
>>71675353
Here it is
>>
File: IMG_8827.jpg (139KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8827.jpg
139KB, 600x600px
This is now a throwback thread
>>
>>71675429
>orchestral strings!

>>71675470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DlnVIu_iw
Gotta post some Noisia love
>>
>>71675487
https://youtu.be/yXjRpCRcOcg

I think people barely remember this remix that noisia did.

Also, orchestral strings is the fucking best because this idiot thinks that all dubstep is devoid of musical talent
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQJ3N6gtxY
>>
>>71675525
>they used actual instruments!
God damn, this remix was just pure evil. Skrillex originally had such a wild sound man, his pre-SMNS stuff and even around SMNS was so original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpEOErRV-u4
I remember this coming on randomly on youtube and being kinda meh about it but that shit at :53 completely caught me off guard. Such a cool beginning to a build up.

>>71675606
Seriously respect for Oizo love at any time.
>>
>>71675643
Skrillex still has his sound, but it's gone honestly. Guys like moody good, snails, ghastly, Dion timmer, virtual riot, and a lot more have been shaping up the scene

https://youtu.be/F21aifX0lZY

Always gotta love electro house anyway
>>
>>71675643
good times
>>
>>71675689
This song just gave me crazy feels thinking about a complextro comeback. Kind of a gimmick genre but every time you hear a new complextro song, it's like a complete sampler of that artist.
>>
>>71675326
Well I gotta listen to that then. Always had respect for Mat Zo
>>
>>71675689
Also, I just remembered I saw Snails at a huge music festival almost a year ago, dude surprised me. Really threw down, the crowd was right for it too.
>>
>>71675728
Speaking of complextro, this is fucking killer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OkvXO45XL-c
Also think it's kinda funny that Porter coined the term and now he doesn't even fuck with it anymore

>>71674923
And speaking of Kill the Noise
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9spbWxsyfQ
>>
>>71675916
FUCK yes, old Wolfgang Gartner was madness. Weekend in America was such an overlooked debut but oh my god is his newest album so bland.
>>
>>71675969
Never been a fan of him other than a few songs, Hookshot is fucking gritty, Illmerica is pretty anthemic and in a way nostalgic for me. His two tracks with deadmau5 (Animal Rights and Channel 42) and The Devil's Den with Skrillex were all just fantastic.
>>
Did /mu/ forget the difference between brostep and dubstep? Damn. I must've been here too long. Both are characterized by 140 bpm played in halftime. Brostep is the Americanized, heavy metal influenced dubstep ala Skrillex, Nero, Flux Pavilion with more emphasis on mid range and "filth". Any of that shit. Dubstep is the original genre created in the UK with actual dub influence and more emphasis on a rich bass. I'm not saying you should like one more than the other, but Brostep is typically very pop influenced and looked down upon. There are certainly some good tracks out there though, such as Nero, but hey, you can like whatever you want.
>>
>>71676342
Technically, dubstep is anything with 140bpm in half time, but there are very clear differences between the Americanized dubstep and original dubstep, so it only makes sense to have seperate names.
>>
>>71676342
uk dubstep is fucking gay and boring
>>
>>71676342
see
>>71674587
>>71675092
>>71675198

No, you're not even the first person in the thread to bring it up, let alone /mu/. Learn to ctrl+f or something.
>>
>>71671952
My Eyes is easily my favourite on the album, with Fugue State being a close second. It's a great album that in my opinion is pretty underrated. Probably just because it is a dubstep album.
>>
>>71675969
I remember listening to that album so much when it released. It was so well mixed too, such an underrated producer.
>>
>>71671952
of that whole dubstep peak era, this is the only album I still listen to.

very melodic yet still dubstep
>>
>>71671952
/mu/ BREAKS AOTY NEVA FORGET!!!!11!!
>>
>>71675887
He has a shit ton of songs to release with the likes of skrillex, Griz, botnek, and space laces. Just hope they come out a lot faster
>>
>>71678359
tired meme
>>
File: 1489766085385.jpg (29KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
1489766085385.jpg
29KB, 753x601px
>tfw got tickets to a yuropoor Nero show
>have to go through 8 hours of warm up DJ´s

>festival ticket doesnt allow you to leave the area
>overprized drinks, no food, raining nonstop
>few ravegirls in the zone but mostly just white males everywhere
>white males dropping some funny "jokes" about anyone with a costume
>Survive till Skazi has played for 20 minutes, feel like spine is about to snap, leave in disappointment
>record low audience, the event creators went bankrupt and dont have any summer festivals in the area this year

also literally fuck anyone who had the brainfart of taking photos non-stop of few dancers like i dont want any fucking cameras in my face if im just dancing and getting drunk. Future Bass is the absolute worst
>>
All Dubstep produced after Benga's Diary of an Afro Warrior, is memestep
>>
It was fucking shit. The tracks were just unbearable. How can anyone listen to this?
>>
Metal fans and non-Brits ruined dubstep
>>
>>71678964
thats what you get for going to a nero show
>>
>>71678842
>meme

It literally was voted by /mu/ as breaks AOTY though
>>
>>71678964
That sucks Mate. I wish we had some Nero sets in NYC because they see to be pretty good to listen to
>>
>>71675916
Man kill the noise was the best. Too bad he's made some lackluster stuff as of late
>>
>>71679001
People find this amazing, and this was in 2011, where it was all wubs and starting off. This album is revolutionary
>>
File: ch01.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ch01.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
no, & dubstep was buried by the time yanks had gotten wind of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZBDce3nkE
>>
>>71671952
yfw excision fx effects are just pitched down fart sounds
>>
True story: Joe from Nero hit on me once.

(It was at a stag party and he did it for a dare)
>>
>>71679606
I saw them at Lolla 2 years back, they were great, absolutely hypnotizing.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.