[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes music taste different?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1488482167001-int.jpg (68KB, 640x622px) Image search: [Google]
1488482167001-int.jpg
68KB, 640x622px
What makes music taste different?
>>
>>71669232
some people have better music taste than others
>>
File: 1486800336001-int.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1486800336001-int.png
85KB, 388x218px
>>71669338
Is it exposure or ignorance?

I think there is a lot of philosophy behind this..
>>
>>71669232
I don't know man, I usually listen to music.
>>
>>71669232
It's mostly based on what we grew up with and what we are exposed to. My dad liked dadrock, and I had like no friends growing up, so that's what I was exposed to. I now listen to psychadelic and progressive rock, Two offshoots of dadrock. I think it's the same for other people. I don't really know anybody irl to confirm, though.
>>
>>71669232
I read that in the context of the "flavour" of music and was confused
>>
File: 1468363709108.gif (44KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468363709108.gif
44KB, 320x240px
>>71669232

lsd

or if you mean by personal taste? prob life experience while listening to a particular music. Or if you are seeking out new stuff ti hear, maybe the stuff that touches you the right way are added to your taste?
>>
>>71669381
I see it as somebody who has better taste has a deeper understanding of more things
Sure, you could say Scaruffi has good taste because he 'gets' the history of rock music but his opinion isn't worth shit on any other subject.
>>
i think there's a few different reasons

what your parents and friends listen to

lyrics might resonate better or worse with you based on your beliefs and life experiences

your mood while listening to new music (if you're in a good mood you're more likely to like what you're hearing I think)

there's more but I can't think of anything else rn
>>
IQ
>>
Definitely not everything, but Interest in music

You can have a higher iq, and still listen to normal pop radio, because maybe you don't care about music that much
Also, personality, and whether you fall along the scale of
"whatever opinions I hear are correct" to "whatever opinions I hear are assimilationist"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.