[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flying Lotus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: urded.jpg (278KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
urded.jpg
278KB, 658x658px
Do you like him /mu/?
>>
yeah
>>
Yeah
>>
yeah,
>>
>>71668626
>>71668730
favorite album? I fucking love LA
>>
>>71668770
nice, i personally love Until the Quiet Comes
>>
He came out as anti-trump. Musicians should keep their politics to themselves. I lost respect for him.
>>
Yeah

At this point he's pretty much considered /mu/core, but not obnoxiously so in the way that people meme Death Grips or AnCo. But it's kind of assumed I think that if you're on this board you've heard FlyLo and probably like his stuff.

You're Dead! is my favorite, personally, though I know I'm in the minority here. Shame he had to cut the Earl verse and the second Kendrick verse.
>>
>>71670457
>he's a black musician making hip-hop and jazz influenced music in LA

Yeah no shit he's anti-Trump. The fact that he supported Hillary, of course I think it's absolutely stupid, but who cares, really? He's literally just following in line of everyone else around him. I'm not going to really count that as a standout part of him or his work and use it against him, when he's essentially just acting how "normal people" are supposed to act.

It's like saying the author of The Adventures of Tintin is racist because of the depiction of black people—like, it's not that the author was any more racist than any other guy of his time, that's just how people were like. Same with FlyLo.
>>
File: chvkem.png (753KB, 799x885px) Image search: [Google]
chvkem.png
753KB, 799x885px
>>71670457
>surprised a Californian musician being anti-Trump

the easier thing to do is not let it get to you, essentially you're as #triggered as any left-leaning hypocrite just relax and enjoy the music.
Anyway LA is the best thing he's made and I hope he finally releases some stuff under Captain Murphy. His movie is supposed to be absolute dogshit.
>>
>>71670549

I also didn't like how FlyLo tweeted some shit at Kanye after he met with Trump. Something like 'fuck you, I'll unfollow you'. I always thought he was a chill dude but apparently he can be a little salty bitch when it comes to politics.
>>
>>71670574
>>71668770
Why do you like LA? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>71670574
>His movie is supposed to be absolute dogshit
where'd you hear that? Because walkouts at any film festival are a given when something is even mildly out of the ordinary
>>
>>71670457
if they criticize or talk about politics in their art i'm okay with it. I do get annoyed when an artist has the potential to create something but would rather rant on twitter about how bad the president is
>>
>>71670625
Had the opportunity to drive around in SoCal a few years back while listening to this in the evening, lots of good memories from that night with that being the soundtrack. And the tribal drums on Melt! always gets me going.

>>71670652
I had a friend who saw it, he felt uneasy throughout and said it was absolute nonsense, and thats coming from a guy who wrote a thesis on "The Holy Mountain"
>>
>>71670609
Yeah, so are a lot of other people. Doesn't stop them from being good artists.

If he was predominantly political I probably wouldn't care for his music either, but considering what he does, who cares, really? And even political stuff put in the right context can be good (eg. I personally disagree with communism, but I will also not deny that John Lennon's "Imagine" is really good, even though it's heavily leftist and drawing from Marx—it transcends the political distinctions as an artwork by being human).
>>
>>71670671
That's strange because I would figure that it would be more of an annoyance to hear them air out their grievances on record whereas social media etc is easy to avoid. I don't understand why people feel obligated to know everything about artists's outside of their creative output.
>>
>>71670671
>I do get annoyed when an artist has the potential to create something but would rather rant on twitter about how bad the president is

>you can't be making art while spending 5 minutes shitposting on Twitter
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>71670713
Do you think the sound of the album fits LA? Why?
>>
>>71670625
not them but I love it because it's a producer's album.
There's a ton of stuff he did on LA that I never thought to try
And that beautiful haze he managed to pack into every corner of the album feels really satisfying to me
>>
>>71670457
Yeah man, just like every respectable musician out there
>>
>>71670759
Maybe iunno. I've been there once and the combination of weed, shrooms, the album and LA at night was a pleasant experience.
>>
>>71670805
>There's a ton of stuff he did on LA that I never thought to try
Like what?
>>
>>71670457
nobody cares. Fuck off.
>>71670474
>Shame he had to cut the Earl verse and the second Kendrick verse.
Wait what. Is there anywhere where can I listen to those?
>>71670625
I like the beats and the dark atmosphere
>>
>>71670457
>politics influencing music taste
i feel sorry for you
>>
File: 1983.png (616KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1983.png
616KB, 600x600px
>>71668484
He's great. Can bump pic related all day.
>>
>>71671567
is that the fucking san andreas font? Ugh.
>>
>>71671775

No it isn't.
>>
>>71671775
kys
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.