[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are rappers as talented as rock musicians? Is J Dilla equivalent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: C2jyp2bXgAQW9AZ.jpg (60KB, 800x925px) Image search: [Google]
C2jyp2bXgAQW9AZ.jpg
60KB, 800x925px
Are rappers as talented as rock musicians? Is J Dilla equivalent to Hendrix?
>>
>>71664168
>Are rappers as talented as rock musicians?
Usually no.
>Is J Dilla equivalent to Hendrix?
Nope. Great artist, but Hendrix is untouchable.
>>
>>71664193
fpbp
>>
Before this triggers some low test normshit, you should remember that niggers invented blues music from which rock music came.
>>
>>71664227
yeah, but rap is still garbage.
>>
>>71664168
Depends on the rapper.

>Is J Dilla equivalent to Hendrix
Two very different artists. Both musical geniuses though.
>>
>>71664168
J Dilla is not equivalent to Hendrix in any way shape or form, musically. Perhaps in terms of innovation you could make that argument, but in musical technical skill? Probably not even close.

Most rappers have no music theory knowledge or understanding of music as a whole, which is why they stick to rapping. They just know what they like is dope and they know its dope when they hear it. They can't explain why, almost every single time.
>>
they can be but that doesnt mean that artists equal eachother or that their talent is worth anything in the other genre or instruments they didnt use. thats just retarded
>>
>>71664168
Well, what instrument do they play?
>>
>>71664168
>looping the melody of a song someine else made over a drum beat
>talent

lol
>>
>>71664168
no
majority of them don't even produce their own beats
least rock musicians can play their own instruments
>>
>>71664168
Does he play any instrument?
Does he play any instrument and have talent?
If no to any of this, no.
>>
ya they can be for example jdilla could definitely stand with jimi hendrix or muddy waters the only reason most people dont think so is because hendrix and waters have time on their side 50-100 years from now people are going to be looking at them as equals

>inb4 MUH MUSIC THEORY
the most prominent rock musicians had no idea what it was eg the beatles and the most of early blues singers and yet they laid the foundation of modern music
>>
>>71664227
I wonder how NatSoc BLACK(ED) metal fags feel about this.
>>71664168
Dilla is amazing but I don't think comparing him with Hendrix is apt.
>>
>>71664168
more like gay dilla kek
>>
>>71664787
delet this right now
>>
>>71664767
Not a Nazi, but blues is a mixture of negro spirituals and American, normally of European descent, traditional folk.
>>
>>71664633
>le great musicians don't know music theory maymay

They know theory, they just don't know the proper vocabulary to describe it. You can't play an instrument for very long without learning what different intervals sound like and which notes go where. Rap Producers just loop the catchy bits from other people's songs.
>>
>>71664168
lol i can't take these pictures seriously. he'll always be the guy from derrick comedy in my mind. I probably watched that skit where he does the presentation on his ex-gf 100 times when i was in high school
>>
>>71664801
>racemixing and multiculturalism
Even worse for them.
>>71664801
>Not a Nazi
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT A NAZI WOULD SAY!
>>
>>71664814
>They know theory, they just don't know the proper vocabulary to describe it. You can't play an instrument for very long without learning what different intervals sound like and which notes go where.
This. But I do believe most rap producers no at least some theory as well, just to a lesser degree.
>>
>>71664834
>the foreigner skit
I RAPE YOU
>>
File: IMG_0312.jpg (22KB, 214x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
22KB, 214x300px
>>71664838
>THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT A NAZI WOULD SAY!
>>
>>71664866
>ifunny
>>
>>71664963
>being this new
>>
>>71664986
I been on 2chan since 1939, Mr SS Officer.
>>
>>71664227
Those individuals invented rock. Taking pride in the achievements of what others did is pathetic
>>
>>71665072
>>71664243
I'm saying it's not an instance of white vs black. Both are inherently black music.

And yes, hip hop is generally dogshit.
>>
>>71664787
ur mom suck mi to dilla
>>
>>71664814
listen to more rap homo nigger
>>
>>71665116
>your dad suck me to dilla
>>
Yes. Rappers use a different set of tools to show their talents. Those that want to point to something like Hendrix's guitar skill as the primary measure of talent are narrow minded.
>>
No. Rap is boring to me. I don't care about lyrics and most Rap instrumentals are just Jazz and Funk songs chopped up with a beat behind it
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.