[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liquid Swords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: GZALiquidSwords.jpg (220KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
GZALiquidSwords.jpg
220KB, 450x450px
What is your opinion? Overrated? One of your personal favorites? Underrated?
>>
>>71664076
I've listened to it so many times that I'm kinda burnt out, but it is still one of my favorite albums.
>>
>>71664076
That's just the best hip-hop album ever made. Kendrick or Danny Brown would kill for GZA's talent.
>>
also what is everyone's favorite track?

>its a real toss up between bible, killah hills, 4th chamber, investigative reports
literally not a bad song on there
>>
>>71664137
4th Chamber. RZA's verse is the best verse in a hip-hop song ever.
>>
>>71664137
4th Chamber for sure, but Living in The World Today is definitely a close 2nd.
>>
>>71664076
That album is incredible. I agree with >>71664094 when he says that it's the best hip-hop album of all time.
It's cold, agressive, complex, GZA and his features were in their prime.
>>
>>71664170
why do you think so? honestly it's not even my favorite verse on that song (tho very strong)

>YO CAMOUFLAGE CHAMELEON
>>
>>71664205
"Because you had secret evidence, and documents
on how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent
dominant Islamic, Asiatic black Hebrew
The year two thousand and two, the battle's filled with the Wu
Six million devils just died from the Bubonic Flu
Or the Ebola Virus, under the reign of King Cyrus
YOU CAN SEE THE WEAKNESS OF A MAN RIGHT THROUGH HIS IRIS"

Yes, I do.
>>
>>71664076
Possibly the greatest hip-hop album of all time. Better than 36 chambers imo.

>>71664137
Favorite track has always been Shadowboxin'
4th chamber is a close second
>>
Here's my personal ranking, tho it's all very very close calls. Pls critique

>Hell's Killah Hills 10304
>B.I.B.L.E.
>Investigative Reports
>Shadowboxin'
>4th Chamber
>I Gotcha Back
>Duel of the Iron Mic
>Labels
>Liquid Swords
>Living in the World Today
>Gold
>Cold World (even tho I love rebel INS)
>Swordsman
>>
>>71664371
Gold and Swordsman should be at the top
>>
>>71664405
This. Killah Priest is on top of his game on Swordsman.
>>
>>71664421
>Killah Priest is on top of his game on Swordsman.
you could say the same about GZA and RZA throughout the album. they deliver their best performances, liquid swords is the best of the best of the wu
>>
Who /Swordsman/ here?

It's my fav track on the album, and one of my fav tracks ever.

The theme of learning to grow up and think for yourself instead of relying on institutional dogmas, the sick ass grimy beat, and the badass chorus all fit perfectly.
Name a better Rza beat, I'll wait.
>>
slightly overrated. only slightly though. most of the tracks are timeless. everyone who thinks he's still hot shit is stuck in the past though
>>
Underrated nigga. Plebs just don't get it.
>>
>>71665559
Wrong
>>
>>71665168

Its definitely my favorite beat on the album, its so cold and atmospheric. Makes me feel like I'm in some alien ice base
>>
highly overrated and the only thing that saves the project is RZA's production or the features. GZA cannot carry an album by himself regardless of what people say. the best track is b.i.b.l.e. and GZA isn't on it.. which should speak for the rest
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.