[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swans blatantly rip off (We Are) The Road Crew by Motorhead on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Swans blatantly rip off (We Are) The Road Crew by Motorhead on Yum Yab Killers. Thoughts on these plagiarists?
>>
>>71663835
I've always known these guys sucked.
>>
I listen to SFTB every night while I go to sleep low key
>>
>>71663835
Literally nobody listens to SFTB for Yum Yab killers
>>
>>71663835
Yum Yab is the worst song on that album.
>>
>>71664466
Still stolen.
>>
File: jrdandng.png (81KB, 181x237px) Image search: [Google]
jrdandng.png
81KB, 181x237px
top 5 songs

Animus
I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull
YRP
Her Mouth Is Filled With Honey
Empathy
>>
Everybody on this board calls Zeppelin thieves but when Swans get called out, silence.
>>
Motorhead has consistently ripping themselves off for 30 years, so no one cares.
>>
>>71663835

The only thing even remotely close to similar is the initial riff there, still no grounds of being an actual rip-off
>>
>>71664765
What are ground for a ripoff? A recurring and probably the most identifiable part of the song was quite clearly taken from the motorhead song.
>>
>>71664871
>the most identifiable part of the song was quite clearly taken from the motorhead song.

Barely the case
>>
>>71664898
It is the case. It is stolen.
>>
>>71664734
The difference is that Led Zeppelin's most famous song (Stairway to Heaven) was ripped off, whereas Yum Yam Killers is often considered one of Swans' worst songs.
>>
>>71664528
The Sound
Volcano
I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull
All Lined Up
Helpless Child
>>
>>71665151
> The jury noted that while California owned the copyright to “Taurus,” and that Led Zeppelin’s members had heard the song, they said that “there was no substantial similarity in the extrinsic elements of ‘Taurus’ and ‘Stairway to Heaven’
>>
>>71664528
>no Helpless Child
but why
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.