[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Ween?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Ween.png (103KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ween.png
103KB, 720x720px
How do you feel about Ween?
>>
I don't like 12 Golden Country Greats
>>
they good
>>
>>71653251
Good meta post friend
>>
>>71653251

Its easily their worst
>>
Good shit
>>
Meme music. The Mollusk is good. In b4 I'm a pleb, well then I guess Ween is a pleb too.

"I will say that the only record that I ever felt really confident about was The Mollusk. That's my favorite record we've ever done." Dean Ween, 2008.
>>
>>71653336
I think Quebec and white pepper were alright.
>>
They're good. Although the have some pretty forgettable albums such as La Cucaracha and White Pepper.
>>
>>71654529
White Pepper is quite underrated
>>
Dope
>>
>>71654529
White Pepper is prime Ween.
>>
SEEING THEM THIS SUMMER
HYPE ENGAGED AND BROWNIN DOWN
>>
>>71653336
this.

i'd love for somebody to prove me wrong, but after listening to the mollusk i only think of meme music and OCEAN MAN etc etc
>>
>>71655837
What makes it meme music? How does saying something so infantile invalidate it as being genuinely good?
>>
starting to get into them. good.
>>
>>71655927
Cuz the vine meme, that invalidates the whole lp, you wood not get what I mean becos you're are nu-male.
>>
>>71653235
They're one of the greatest bands ever formed.
>>
Flutes of Chi is the most Mollusk song not on the Mollusk
>>
File: 1489816743729.png (57KB, 645x401px) Image search: [Google]
1489816743729.png
57KB, 645x401px
>>71653235
Old Gener's a god.
>>
>>71654529
>>71654739
>>71655785
The issue with White Pepper is that it's really safe. That's not to say it's bad, it's actually a really good album, but you can tell when they were making it they were trying to follow up on the commercial success The Mollusk had. I'd say this also applies to Quebec to a lesser extent.
>>
I half tried listening Ween and thought they were kind of dumb. But after seriously listening to them, they are pretty awesome.
>>
Gene blocked me on Twitter and I don't know why. My account is private and I never tweeted at him. I still love him though.
>>
I've listened to Mollusk, Pod, and C&C so far.
What should I listen to next, guys?
>>
>>71656911
Based
>>
>>71657330
Which one(s) did you like best and what did you like about them?
>>
>>71657330

Quebec.

White Pepper too, very underrated. Ignore the contrarian fegs in here. Pure Guava is a fun one too.
>>
>>71657557
Pod:

Dr. Rock
Captain Fantasy
Don't Sweat It
Mononucleosis
Sketches of Winkle

I felt that they were the most interesting and enjoyable songs off the album. The rest sounded like it was trying WAY too hard to be weird (not saying it's bad but still).

Mollusk:

Dancing in the Show Tonight
I'll Be Your Jonny On The Spot
Polka-Dot Tail
It's Gonna Be (Alright)
Waving My Dick In The Wind
Ocean Meme

My least favorite and least memorable off the 3 that I've listened to. What was good was amazing though.

1/2
>>
>>71657744
C&C:

Take Me Away
Spinal Meningitis
I Can't Put My Finger On It
Roses Are Free
Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
Drifter in the Dark
Voodoo Lady
Candi
What Deaner Was Talkin' About

My favorite out of the 3. It had a lot less throwaway material and had a lot more memorable tracks.
>>
>>71653235
They are my favourite band and The Pod is one of my all time favourite album's, but I see why people don't like them, especially their first 3-5 albums

>>71656911
this will never not be funny
>>
>>71657744
>mollusk
>least memorable
that's a strange opinion, it has some really distinct themes

If C+C was your favourite, go for Quebec, Shinola and White Pepper next
>>
>>71657744
>>71657780

I would suggest listening to The Mollusk a few more times as well as The Pod because those are, with good reason, two of their signature albums.

C&C is excellent and my personal second favorite. Unfortunately this album is one of a kind as a whole among their catalogue. Other than The Mollusk, White Pepper is probably the next closest sounding album to C&C, but White Pepper has a bit less of the distinct Ween quality.
>>
>>71657780
Depending on how much you liked Drifter in the Dark, you could try 12 Golden Country Greats.
>>
>>71653251
>>71653292
Shit taste desu
>>
i like almost every ween album and some live ones
>>
>>71657744
I wouldn't say the Pod is trying too hard, the dudes had mono when they were recording it.
>>
after hearing the mollusk i though they were meme music but then after hearing quebec and chocolate and cheese my ears were taken to browntown. also theres a cool recording of henry rollins praising ween after the oneness came out.
>>
>>71653235
A CHILD WITHOUT AN EYE
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.