[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guided By Voices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Alien-Lanes-compressed.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Lanes-compressed.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
hey /mu/, i'm starting to really like them, only listened to pic related, Bee Thousand, UTBUTS and Propeller, where to go next?

Also GBV general
>>
Alien Lanes is pretty fantastic. I'd also like to get more into GBV but I've really only listened to Alien Lanes
>>
>>71645911
Definitely listen to Bee Thousand and the other albums OP mentioned

>>71645689
Check out their various EPs from around that era. They have a lot of great tracks buried on those little 10-15 minute tapes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3tZIagviE

Personally, I'm really into to Same Place the Fly Got Smashed. It's a lot darker than anything they've released but still catchy as hell like all the best GBV albums. My 2nd favorite of theirs after BT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cImvoCL_Sbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipAAt0q3aw0
>>
I'll give you in on a secret, Vampire on Titus is their best
>>
>>71645689
Smothered in Hugs is their best song
>>
>>71647890
Over The Neptune/Mesh Gear Fox imo
>>
>>71646165
thanks anon!
>>
>>71645689

Fuck GBV, i used to like them until I realized all of their best work is lo-fi pastiches of the beatles.

listen to ariel pink's early albums - house arrest, lover boy, and worn copy, those are lo-fi pastiches as well, but of all pop music from the 60s to the 80s, and they have the weird cool lyrics that gbv have that don't veer into the silly ones that ariel has done of late.
>>
under stars under bushes is the only album by them i like
>>
Don't neglect Bob and Toby's solo albums. Everybody listens to those classic mid-90s albums and then think they're done with GBV's god-tier years, but there's still the EPs, there's Tonics and Twisted Chasers, there's live albums (Crying Your Knife Away is awesome), there's the first Suitcase, and there's the beginning of Pollard and Sprout's solo catalogs.

Not In My Airforce and Toby's first two -- Carnival Boy and Moonflower Plastic -- sit right there in that top tier with Bee Thousand.
>>
>>71649756
looks like i have a lot of things to listen to
>>
File: folder.jpg (233KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
233KB, 1200x1200px
>>71649756
I love Tobin's solo work so much. Moonflower is incredible and Live at the Horseshoe Tavern is my favorite live album ever.

As for Bob's solo work, From a Compound Eye is my favorite.
>>
i had a dream last night about the performance of baba o'rielly they did when i saw them over the summer

gbv rules

i also liked let's go eat the factory but idk if that is a popular opinion
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
Motivational jumpsuit is a reunion era GBV album and it rivals alien lanes in my sincerely honest opinion. I'm not sure how they got it so right this time. All of their albums have at least 5 good tracks , and 10 other jams that might grow on you but it just gets blurry and confusing how many times can you make essentially the same song? Obviously you're dealing with a very dedicated artist I just wish it were possible trim the fat
>>
>>71649361
No fuck you. They gave us striped white jets so you are automatically wrong about everything from now on ok?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.