[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOCAL MUSIC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (46KB, 490x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 490x593px
What's your local scene like, /mu/?
>>
File: c2cweb.jpg (13KB, 425x250px) Image search: [Google]
c2cweb.jpg
13KB, 425x250px
>>71644793
>>
I make a point of not finding out
>>
>>71644793
what the fuck are you doing Mike Patton
>>
Chads, fags, and hillbillies, all with acoustic guitars.
>>
I live in Southern New Jersey, it's fucking trash... Trying to do my own stuff to break that
>>
>>71644793
Lots of really shit reggae and grime
>>
>>71644856
NJ has a pretty great punk scene tho?
>>
>>71644793
A shitload of older dudes who do harsh noise, some dorky college kids who do boring-ass indie/reverby garage bullshit, some jaded grindcore baristas.
>>
Shit pop music filled with folk organs talking about being rich and breakups . There is some good underground stuff mostly punk and psychedelic rock
>>
File: 1453905875165-weed.png (208KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453905875165-weed.png
208KB, 512x384px
>>71644793
It's non existent.
>>
>>71644793
>Shithole on Mexico
>Local scene
Nah.
>>
File: photo-24769165-angry-man-punch.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
photo-24769165-angry-man-punch.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
this guys on the verge of getting a record deal, the only real talent out of bolivia

https://soundcloud.com/rockstar-papi/its-goin-down-prod-by-kaylib
>>
>>71644793
North east small town Scotland, not much of a scene at all.
>>
shit folk music with the occasional decent metal band
>>
>>71644793
I don't live anywhere locally
>>
if you ignore all the mainstream bullshit in brazil, you can find some good alternative rock and shoegaze in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=merDwh4eKnc
>>
I live in Hastings and all I see really is folk.
>>
>>71644793
All I can think about is how disappointed I'd be if I ever had a kid who dressed like that much of a retard. I'd send him to military school, or to hang out with artfags in New York. Anything but that.
>>
>>71645037
sounds comfy desu
do people speak scottish gaelic there?
>>
File: 1484263193132.jpg (46KB, 517x410px) Image search: [Google]
1484263193132.jpg
46KB, 517x410px
lotsa shitty djs, some good djs, a few rock/hard rock bands, a few deathmetal bands, a punk band, and i think thats about it
>>
Long Island is dominated by post-hardcore
>>
You tell me. I live in Berlin. It's probably pretty lame.
>>
>>71644816
Tetra had some good tracks, are they still doing stuff and is it good?
>>
>>71644829
*shitposts on the internet*

>>71645565
Go out sometimes, you lanklet.

>>71644793
Pretty bad all things considered, but it's getting better. Astonishing that people on here are so reluctant to find out what's going on in your local scenes. This is why you'll never amount to anything.
>>
Any good bands in Stockholm?
>>
>>71644793
>old punk rock toilet humor "rebel" bands
>former toilet punk turned hipster indie bands
>psychedelic bands
>indie + salsa bands that want to copy bomba estereo
>female singers that want to copy famous indie female singers
>>
File: bakersfeel1.png (103KB, 547x717px) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel1.png
103KB, 547x717px
We get thirsty bands that LA rejected who are desperate to play anywhere
>>
>>71645037
Same here man, which town? I'm in Fraserburgh and it's weird that all the youth are mainly into classic metal...
>>71645243
No we don't, spoken mostly in the highlands but it's dying out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwKKKd2ZYE

and woodie guthrie or some shit
>>
>>71644793
all pop punk
>>
Went to school with the banjo player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
>>
Faggot indie bands who literally just copy Oasis and The Stone Roses, oh and cringy metal bands who sing in American accents for some reason.

Manchester is fucking shit now
>>
shitty "rappers" who dropped out of high school and hippies who can't play their instruments
>>
>>71644793
a lot of reggae/jam band, funk, and ska
>>
bland noise rock and some hipsters with synths and fake accents
>>
>>71645800
There's this weird stigma against local music on this board and I don't really understand it
Like everybody just automatically assumes their local bands are shit without even going to a show because they're not all fucking MBV 10/10 level or something
>>
>>71647146
THIS plus gay indie rockers, pansexual noise groups, and girls who play ukulele
>>
>>71647457
I think it's more of an effort thing desu
Why bother putting in effort to find something cool and unique when you can sit in the comfort of your house and be spoonfed the same bland /mu/core for all eternity?
>>
>>71644793
There's only one known band around here, they opened for a few popular jam bands so all the hippies follow them bar to bar. They sort of suck though
>>
glasgow's good. loads of dingy venues and a nice variety of bands. few shitey ones but lots of loud, nasty stuff as well
>>
>>71644793
Completely garbage, just like here.
>>
Surf punk / garage rock

Lots of tumblrites, male and female

Its essentially Orange County Lite
>>
>>71647797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYZxA0G1JE

Here they are if anybody cares. All jam bands sound the same to me and I don't like the scene so its not my thing.
>>
Underrated
>>
>>71644793
mostly shitty metalcore i think, i have no interaction with the scene but that's what i think it is
a few bands from around my area have gotten decently big recently but i don't know if they were ever part of the scene or were in a different but geographically close scene
>>
>>71645011
>>
surprisingly not that bad. lots of generic but enjoyable soft rock and country
>>
>>71644856
Isn't it just a bunch of death/metal-core anyway?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.