[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is actually really good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

This is actually really good
>>
It has it's moments. The production is distracting though.
>>
Is GnR the most disappointing band in history?

One of the greatest debuts, a fuckin magnificent double album they split up in two for jewish tricks, a couple cover albums, and this monstrosity 20 years after their prime?
>>
*sniff sniff*
can you smell that?
>>
>>71643083
If they had condensed the double album down to one, it would have been great, instead, there's two albums with some great tracks and a bunch of shitty ones.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Chinese Democracy [Geffen, 2008]

Story of the year--notorious rock recluse spends 10 years and a vast chunk of his ill-gotten fortune creating the perfect album. Succeeds (sort of) on his own irrelevant terms. Since he can no longer lead young white males astray, the effort comes off as noble--touching, almost. Didn't think he had it in him. B+
>>
I'd be ok with it if Axl had his 1988 voice.
>>
>IT'S A CHINESE DEMOCRACY
>CHOKING CHICKS AND SODOMY

Seriously?
>>
Apparently most of these songs were ones he wrote in the 80s and never used. Given lyrics like >>71643426, I'm not surprised why they were left on the cutting floor.
>>
>>71643426
Keke those are SOAD lyrics
>>
>>71643129
>Chinese Democracy
>B+
And the contrarian strikes again.
>>
>>71643083

Yes, and Axl is one of the biggest wastes of talent in history. I don't know why he's so against releasing new music. CD only came out when it did because the record company had had enough of the delays and forced him to release it.
>>
>>71643751

notsureifserious.jpg
>>
yeah, I started to like it when I approached it as Axl's solo album.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.