[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are their other albums as good? Which should I check out? Also:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: cover.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
Are their other albums as good? Which should I check out?

Also: Favourite song off Remain in Light
Mine is The Great Curve
>>
>>71642690
Try everything up to speaking in tongues
Fear of music is the most similar to this because it also has afrobeat influences
>>
Fuck the guy above me Speaking In Tongues is 10/10 peep that shit
>>
>>71642722
You misread me mate
Speaking in tongues is great but everything after is pretty discount cd bin
>>
>>71642690
The Great Curve is the best song desu
>>
my favorite remains 77, even though i admit it has really little to do with any of their other albums (except maybe for More Songs, which was just ok).

Transmission Impossible (live compilation) is total patrician core.
>>
File: 220px-Talking_Heads_77.jpg (4KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Talking_Heads_77.jpg
4KB, 220x220px
Pic Related is my fav album. Also check out

>More Songs About Buildings and Food
>Fear of Music
>Speaking in Tongues
>>
File: 1453049804840.gif (2MB, 288x199px) Image search: [Google]
1453049804840.gif
2MB, 288x199px
>>71642769
>>71642773
bruh where have you been
in all the TH circlejerks i end up against a corner desperately defending 77
>>
Fear of Music is the only one that is truly in the same vibe, but all their albums have that frantic Talking Heads characteristic.
RiL is their masterpiece though.

Fav song is either Born Under Punches (for having the single most distinct song/album start in history) or Seen And Not Seen for its Eno production + really made me think-tier lyrics
>>
>>71642690
Fear of Music and More Songs are better
>>
Fear of Music is straight up just a superior version of RiL.

Best (and only good) song on RiL is Born Under Punches. If you want a band with a similar vibe I'd recommend checking out The Flaming Lips.
>>
>>71642690
Flea Kuti
>>
>>71643211
weak bait senpai
>>
File: 1488137531866.jpg (327KB, 540x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1488137531866.jpg
327KB, 540x1366px
>>71643211
>this entire post
>>
>>71643246
I don't see the bait friend, I'm just stating facts.

RiL overindulges in rymic stuff while FoM strikes a great balance, The Flaming Lips produce music in a similar vein to talking heads but arent copycats
>>
>>71642810
It's definetly underrated as fuck. Love Comes To Town is the GOAT opener and Psycho Killer is fucking great.
>>
>>71643272
>RiL overindulges in rymic stuff
Not really. Great productions, great melodies all around, fantastic lyrics, incredible guitar solos. Fear of Music definitely feels like a precursor to the main dish of RiL when you listen to them side by side.
>>
All their music is fantastic especially speaking in tongues. I would also say check out "stop making sense" their live album its so fuckin good.
>>
Am I the only one to find Little Creatures to be really underrated?
>>
>>71643272
FoM and RiL couldn't be more different. RiL consists of lengthy repetitive songs with simple, diatonic chord progressions and melodies made interesting by the layered, complex production where various elements flow in and out of the mix in a style similar to minimalist compositions. Fear of Music on the other hand is all structurally predictable, concise pop songs with more unorthodox, fairly chromatic melodies and progressions while the production is comparatively much more stripped-down. Personally I prefer FoM, but they attempt completely different things.

I also don't see how The Flaming Lips are at all similar to Talking Heads.
>>
>>71643299
senpai... check the transmission impossible version of The Book I Read

that shit is a P A R T Y
>>
Best song on Remain in Light is either Crosseyed and Painless or The Overload
>>
After this they go downhill. Speaking in Tongues is okay, but Stop Making Sense is pretty much Speaking in tongues: Better Edition

Their earlier stuff is good, but not in the same way that Remain in Light is good.
>>
More Songs About Buildings and Food, Fear of Music, Speaking in Tongues, and Naked (though this one's pretty divisive) are all great albums, so try those next. Personally I don't love 77, but most people do, so check it out as well. Even some of their crappier albums (Little Creatures and True Stories) have some highlights, but I'd check them out last. After that all that, try some of David Byrne's solo albums, specifically Uh-Oh, s/t, Feelings, and Grown Backwards. His collabs with Brian Eno are good, too.
>>
>>71642740
Little Creatures is alright.
>>
>>71642740
Naked is actually better than Speaking in Tongues, my man
>>
>>71642690
Great Curve is called Great for a reason

>>71642740
why does everybody hate True Stories? I like it much more than Little Creatures. Also every song on speaking in tongues is 10x better on SMS, Speaking in Tongues is way to compact.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.