[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about Can? I've never seen them discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Can_-_Tago_Mago.jpg (136KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Can_-_Tago_Mago.jpg
136KB, 300x300px
How do you guys feel about Can? I've never seen them discussed here before. One of my all time favourite bands.
>>
>>71641679
huh they get talked about everyday
fuck off newfag
>>
>>71641688
not as much as kanye and grimes tho, what is a shame. One of my favorite bands too op

>Rank the damo era
Tago Mago > Future Days > Ege Bamyasi
>>
>>71641697
because kanye and grimes have memes you dipshit
>>
>>71641679
They're fucking terrible, everyone here pretends to like them to fit in.
>>
>>71641747
>tfw genuinely like them but no one believes me because memes
>>
File: 1468101853305.jpg (94KB, 470x611px) Image search: [Google]
1468101853305.jpg
94KB, 470x611px
>>71641747
>>
>>71641697
same ranking famalam, the drumm solo in Aumgn is almost enough to put it in top position all on it's own
>>
>>71641806
>trying to fit in and excuse shitty poser taste by posting an Arthur meme
good point
>>
>>71641706
IT'S ALL ABOUT MEMES
>>
>>71641679
Can are godawful, but spergs here think they seem cultured by saying they like them.

See also: Swans.
>>
File: 1481500914100.jpg (189KB, 620x608px) Image search: [Google]
1481500914100.jpg
189KB, 620x608px
>>71641839
>doesn't understand straightforward psych rock album with two weird tracks
>see that a lot of other people like it
>p-poser
holy projection
>>
>>71641747
You think Can is difficult to like? They've got the grooviest rhythms of any band that has ever existed. Nearly all of Ege Bamyasi is very accessible music.
>>
File: V__D6E7.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
V__D6E7.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>71641870
>y-you didn't understand
>I can't be the one with objectively shit taste
Nice """""defense""""" of yourself there
>>
>>71641912
no its exactly that reason why everybody picks them and disregards other krautrock.
>>
>>71641859
Can are awesome, Swans not so much.
>>
>>71641930
Who's disregarding other krautrock? Other krautrock gets discussed here all the time.
>>
>>71641679
Pleb opinion here, I absolutely love the first three tracks on Tago-Mago but I don't get the appeal of the following three
>>
>>71641949
not as much as kanye and grimes tho
>>
>>71641969
I didn't know they were krautrock
>>
>>71641912
Sure they are somewhat accesible but when a I see a hipster posting a chart filled with garbage that's easy on ears like & Wine, Mac Demarco, Tame Impala, Weeknd, Father John Misty, Avalanches, Kendrick Lamar, Fleet Foxes, Arctic Monkeys, Washed Out, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, Tyler the Creator, Black Keys, The Sword, Green Day, Kamasi Washington, Foo Fighters, Gorillaz, Neil Cicirega, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, Sunbather, Pink Guy, Blink 182, the list goes on...and I see Can in there I feel like something is off
I feel like maybe just maybe this guy haven't even listened to any of their albums throughly and doesn't give a shit about krautrock but just puts it this album there to show off.
>>71641949
literally %80 of this board?
most of the /mu/-males only listen to faust and can then act like they know shit about the whole genre
>>
>>71641679
The first part of the album is extremely accessible. You'd have to be into mantras and music concrete and general noisy avant garde to appreciate the second half and I particularly am not fond nor understand these styles. Like George Harrison said, avant garde a clue. No point to these so called avant garde songs unless they are self aware or utilized for comedic effect imho. And preferably very short. But, each one for each one, everyone knows what they like best...

I'd also like to add, TM is the kind of music that only art and music student types will know about and the "different" "nothing held back" aesthetic fits perfectly in that "hipster" description but no mistake it's no poseurcore, the music is legimately very good. Can became a very popular band in German after Ege Bamyasi and they even turned into disco/funk group. Pretty sure they charted in UK as well, i don't even think stuff like jpop or kpop (wildly popular foreign market) will chart in UK nowadays so you see can was pretty popular in europe especially.

Mushroom sounds like something that would fit nicely in an german night club

Tago Mago sounds like it could've been easily released in the 90s or 00s except for Hallellujah which does have some genuine 70s groovy feel. However its been at least three years since i listened to it in full

Buddha Meet Rock, Phalus Dei and Live Love Life + One: Love Will Make A Better you for more albums like Tago Mago
>>
>>71641697
>not as much as kanye and grimes

Probably because they haven't done anything noteworthy in 40 years so there's not a lot to talk about.
>>
>>71642190
>most of the /mu/-males only listen to faust and can then act like they know shit about the whole genre
Dont forget neu!
>>
>Suddenly /mu/ hates can
kok tep what happened
>>
>>71642408
because its the only krautrock band u faggots talk about.
>>
>>71642190
The thing is, there are so many types of krautrock bands the definition eventually becomes pointless. The definition is perhaps referring more to the style than instrumentation or genre. The style of krautrock is far-out, esoteric, spacey and generally experimental and spiritual music aimed at a more "intellectual" audience of listeners. There is you have jazz bands like Sunbirds, Association PC and Xhol Caraval being written in the same line as new age and ambient music groups like Ash Ra Tempel and Cluster and obviously they couldn't be more different, at least for the sober ears. That's like putting Soft Machine and Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin under the same genre.

But what do they (krautrock bands) all have in common is the same "spacey, experimental and far out"feel and intention, some of them have similar "motorik" percurssion and they all came out of germany. So they are all "krautrock". That's where the challenge of krautrock appears, sometimes you can't really tell it apart. Eloy is progressive rock, but sometimes they will be lumped together with krautrock as well, because they also have some krautrock characteristics in their music. But obviously, they are clearly prog.

The most obviously krautrock bands i can think of are Neu, classic era Can and Faust indeed, and maybe early Amon Duul,Amon Duul II and Cluster. most of the others don't really hit consistently all the characteristics that makes krautrock "krautrock", in my opinion the term is somewhat random.
>>
>>71641679
>I've never seen them discussed here before.
You must be new

They're the greatest rock band of all-time and Tago Mago is the best album ever made
>>
>>71641747
>>71641859
I played Ege Bamyasi at a pleb party and everyone loved it. Maybe you're just retarded
>>
>>71642567
are you retarded?
everybody knows can is accessible its the reason why u fags always namedrop them
>>
>>71642629
That makes no sense
>>
>>71642190
>, Pink Guy,
What was your criteria for making this list I'm curious
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.