[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEEP PURPLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Deep_Purple_in_Rock.jpg (140KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Purple_in_Rock.jpg
140KB, 300x300px
Redpill me on Deep Purple, /mu/.

I've started listening to classic prog rock again and I noticed how fucking good they are.

What are some must-listen to songs and albums?

Child in Time and Speed King are my two favorite songs by them, at the moment.
>>
Machinehead is an easy 9-10/10
>>
Lazy is on of my all time favorite songs
>>
>>71640423
Same here.
>>
File: deeppurple.jpg (15KB, 320x313px) Image search: [Google]
deeppurple.jpg
15KB, 320x313px
They released the greatest live album of all time.
>>
>>71640439
Yeah. Great live album, but they do the Child in Time solo on the keys, not guitar, which is a letdown, but otherwise its essential classic rock at its peak
>>
Everything from Shades of Deep Purple up to Burn is GOAT!

>After that disregard.
>>
>>71640027

'Machine Head' is the very definition of a great album. All tracks are solid-really fucking exceptional and the best part? No obnoxious fillers. Definitely listen to the whole album, since it's merely 7 tracks long.

Favorites off the record:
Maybe I'm Leo
Lazy
Space Truckin'
and obviously Smoke on the Water
>>
>>71640423
>>71640427
Mah niggas
>>
>>71641310
>No obnoxious fillers
Never Before
But one of the better albums of all time nontheless
>>
>>71640027
Prog Rock, what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>71640027
Machinehead and your pic are their best albums
They are all incredibly talented musicians, but somehow their songs are not that well-written and mostly its instrumental wankery. That is the reason I prefer Black Sabbath even if DP are all more talented.
>>
>>71641339
if that's what you consider an "obnoxious filler", then it definitely is one of the better records out there.
>>
>>71641470
Yeah, that was my point
>>
>>71641464
BS start stoner rock
>>
>>71641403
Lazy is one of the best prog rock songs by a band that's not prog rock.
And one of the best songs of all time too
>>
>>71640027
their earlier stuff is pretty good
especially the self titled album with the Mark 1 line-up
one of my favorites
>>
>>71640027
>In Rock
I never liked that album that much. Fireball was better IMO.
>>
>>71640027
jesus 'lazy' just goes ham. quite ahead of its time desu
>>
>>71640027
>What are some must-listen to songs and albums?
Lazy
Black Knight (Hnnng that analog)
Perfect Strangers
>Child In Time (obviously)
Strange kind of woman
>>
>>71640027
Deep Purple
In Rock
Fireball
Machine Head
Burn
Stormbringer
Made in Japan
Perfect Strangers
>>
Burn all the way.

I'll take Coverdale and Hughes over Gillan every day of the week.
>>
>>71642367
My favorite is Fireball
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.