[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the best rapper of the decade so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: 1368577599_Kendrick-Lamar-Crown.jpg (338KB, 890x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1368577599_Kendrick-Lamar-Crown.jpg
338KB, 890x1000px
Who's the best rapper of the decade so far?
>>
Kendrick
>>
>>71639273
unironically this. either that, Danny, or LUM
>>
>>71639273
seriously, like who could argue?
>>
UGLY MANE PLAYA HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW
>>
File: lean.jpg (49KB, 617x411px) Image search: [Google]
lean.jpg
49KB, 617x411px
>>71639273
>not yung lean

but yeah probs kendrick
>>
>>71639273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YNiCfWC3A

The way he just effortlessly switches meter is ridiculous. Easily the best.
>>
File: 4L_gxIi1vAy.jpg (41KB, 542x542px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gxIi1vAy.jpg
41KB, 542x542px
>>
>>71639520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY

Hell, he only got better. 4:30 is insane.
>>
Kendrick is the obvious choice, although if you wanted to point to artists who belong to subgenres of hip-hop that might be more closely associated with this decade you might point to Migos or something, idk
>>
>>71639249
Earl imo

He feels more "genuine" than Kendrick to me in that he's a real outsider only propped up in the industry due to ties with a former acquaintance and more implicitly, luck. Not denying Kendrick's talent, but Earl definitely does it for me.
>>
Chief Keef
>>
Andre 3000
>>
Joe Budden
>inb4 pump it up
>>
File: gangstagibbs.jpg (917KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
gangstagibbs.jpg
917KB, 2560x1536px
You're all wrong.
>>
KOOL AD best rapper
>>
Kendrick, Earl or Freddie Gibbs. Depends what youre into really. All 3 dominate different facets of rap. Gibbs got the flow, Earls got the lyricism, Kendricks got the album cohesiveness. I personally like earl the most but id be crazy to say his flows as good as Gibbs or his albums as good as Kendricks
>>
>>71640656
What about my boy Vince Staples
>>
>>71640665
Hes in my top 10, wouldnt say hes the best though. Gotta love him both on and off the track tho
>>
>>71640672
My nigga
>>
aesop same as its been for the past two decades.
>>
File: ka-2-21315.jpg (76KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
ka-2-21315.jpg
76KB, 600x434px
Ka is the most overlooked and probably the best raw lyricist out there. He's not as versatile as Kendrick or as striking as Danny Brown, but he can rap fucking circles around ANYONE else, bar none.

Lyricism is absolutely key in rap and the bars on Honor Killed The Samurai are A+, 11/10, it's immaculate.

Ka needs more respect.
>>
*cough cough*
daniel dumile
*cough cough*
:>
>>
>>71639273
This.

No one comes even nearly close. All of his albums are an 8 or above.
>>
>>71640737

fuck off turz

doom hasn't even done anything this decade he's on his boat in the islands
>>
I think if joey badass next album is as good/better than the previous he's earned himself a top 10 spot.

Other than that, danny brown, kendrick, earl, asap rocky and freddie gibbs are good picks
>>
Honors English
https://youtu.be/XRXEj722CY8
Y'all can thank me later
>>
>>71640774
OD is pretty average and TPAB is unironically a mess of an album.
>>
>>71640776
kek
baited
>>
>>71639273
Not the biggest rap fan in the world, but I'd have to agree with this.
>>
>>71640807
OD is a mixtape and TPAB is unironically a perfect album. How is it a mess of an album?
>>
>>71640807
>TPAB is unironically a mess of an album.
What did he mean by this?
>>
MC Ride
>>
>>71640845
>OD is a mixtape
does it even matter, all of his stuff have a myriad of producers.

His rapping teeters to horrendous at times. Despite having a """"story"""" its still does not feel connected. Just a bunch of disjointed singles. The subject matter is stale and overdone. Hes never had a track as bad as I. And Mortal Man is one of the worst closers ive ever heard.
WHEN SHIT HIT THE FAN always makes me think it belongs as an eminem recovery hook.

And anyone who feels the 2pac samples feel like an actual conversation are delusional.
>>
File: 342423.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
342423.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
UGLY MANE
>>
>>71640894
This is the shittest opinion I have seen.
>His rapping teeters to horrendous at times
what did he mean by this?
>Despite having a """"story"""" its still does not feel connected
TPAB's story is easy to understand but trying to understand every part of the story is more complex making it enjoyable for casual fans and people who want to read more into it. Literally how is it not connected.
>The subject matter is stale and overdone
Examples. Give me an album like this that goes into the subject matter as this album and does as well of a job. You literally can't.
>Hes never had a track as bad as I
I is bad because its radio friendly meme. Please get taste
>And Mortal Man is one of the worst closers ive ever heard.
You aren't allowed to have opinions on music
>And anyone who feels the 2pac samples feel like an actual conversation are delusional.
Literally wrong.
>>
>>71640937
>Examples.
>MUH MATERIALISM
> muh evil gubment
>devil on my back nonsense
>muh evil white people

the list literally goes on.

>doesnt even refute, just immediate dismissal
wew, kendrick stans are truly awful.
>>
>>71640978
> if I attach 'muh' infront of something that means I'm right!
Fuck off retard. Nowhere does Kendrick attack white people or say he needs gibs me dats. And there is literally nothing wrong with rapping against excessive consumerism and dealing with living in a world surrounded by sin.
>>
>>71640978
>muh evil white people
>He literally thinks that the album is anti white

Not even responding to you after this. Because anyone who actually thinks this completely missed the concept and is most likely retarded.
>>
>>71640606

not enough range with gibbs, though he's probably top 5

personally the only one i see as potentially greater than kendrick is young thug, and even then i'm not sure i could really make a strong enough case

kendrick might be a normie legend but apart from that he is actually a legend at this shit for real
>>
>>71639321
This plus Denzel Curry, dude has some big potential
>>
drake > kendrick
>>
>>71641065

he was working with badbadnotgood lately if i remember correctly

some really good stuff on the way from him soon no doubt
>>
>>71641073

lol
>>
>>71639606
This fir me too
>>
>>71641090
yeah i know its funny how much he dominates hip hop not even fair.
>>
>>71639539
Don't you think he's a little overrated?
>>
>>71641106
drake is pop though
>>
>>71641124
hip hop is pop
whats your point?
>>
>>71641132
Some of it is.
But you dont think of drake as a rapper, you think of him as a singer who sometimes raps
>>
>>71641147
which is still rapping?
what kind of mental gymnastics are you running boi?
>>
>>71641161
Many foll pop singers dabble in rapping, but youd never call them rappers.
hes not a predominate rapper, hes a popstar not a hiphop star.
pedantic but true
>>
>>71641132
uhhh? is mf doom pop? is earl pop?
>>
>>71641047
>>
>>71641180
yeah thats called pop-rap which is still apart of hip hop.
tho idk any other popstars making albums like If You're Reading This It's Too Late
but what do i know :(

>>71641182
>>
>>71641204
feels like he transitioned from being an actual rapper to making money and moved to the pop industry while trying to keep up the facade hes hard
>>
>>71641204
>is still apart of hip hop.
Which is why the rest of hipshop have literally made drake a meme. Ask any popular rapper in private and theyd probably tell you drake isnt hphop
>>
File: thisdickaintfree.png (428KB, 646x525px) Image search: [Google]
thisdickaintfree.png
428KB, 646x525px
>>71640978
>muh memes
>muh missing the point

Hopefully this retard killed himself after this post desu desu.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.