[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Weezer discography rankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: holdme.jpg (35KB, 470x554px) Image search: [Google]
holdme.jpg
35KB, 470x554px
No other list matters:

1. Pinkerton
2. Blue
3. Maladroit
4. EWBAITE
5. Hurley
6.White
7. Green
8. Make Believe
9. Red
10. Raditude

No, White isn't Pinkerton/Blue tier and pales in comparison to even EWBAITE. Hurley is massively underrated with only a few really bad songs and is nothing like Raditude. Green is also pretty solid. Only Red and Raditude are pure shit. Make Believe has a few solid tunes like "The Other Way".

That's it.
>>
File: weezy.png (1MB, 1120x1125px) Image search: [Google]
weezy.png
1MB, 1120x1125px
In 10 more years everyone will have accepted that Blue is infinitely superior to Pinkerton and it isn't even a competition.
>>
>>71638943
1. Pinkerton
2. Blue
3. Red
4. Maladroit
5. Make Believe
6. Death To False Metal
7. Green
8. White
9. Everything Will Be Alright In The End
10. Hurley
11. Raditude
>>
weezer sucks shit and they always did
>>
1. Pinkerton
2. Blue album
3. Green Album
4-11. literally who gives a fuck
>>
>>71638943

Is that Link from Good Mythical Morning?
>>
>>71638991
>3. Red

Nice b8

>>71639001
>3. Green Album
>above EWBAITE, White or Maladroit

You're not even trying
>>
>>71638943
>>71638991
where's Songs From the Black Hole?
>>
>>71639016
Still waiting for Rivers to complete it
>>
>>71639015
No bait, friend.
I dig that album.
IATGMTEL(VOASH) is GOAT

>>71639016
Never released, otherwise I'd have it after Pinkerton.
>>
>>71638943
while i mostly agree with your list, i would like to remind you that "the angel and the one" off of red album is an awesome album closer
>>
>>71638991
If you honestly thin Hurley is that shit and Red is that good then you probably need to listen to them both again.

Red had a few good tracks but was mostly cringe garbage. Hurley was the opposite, had a few shit tunes and came on the heels of their worst album so people judged it without listening.
>>
>>71639042
I agree. Red has a few standouts and the bonus tracks were pretty good too. I really can't stand shit like Heart Songs or Everybody Get Dangerous though. Also the songs the other band members did were mostly garbage and Dreamin' was almost ruined by the middle section.
>>
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. EWBAITE
4. White
5. Maladroit
6. Green
7. Red
8.Hurley
9. Make Believe
10. Raditude
>>
>>71639046
I legit just can't get into it. Reminds me too much of an ex and a bad point in my life so I judge it harsher than I probably should. Red I dig though.
>>
>>71639076
Acceptable.
>>
>>71639076

I agree with these rankings, I'd probably swap Red and Hurley at most.
>>
>>71639096
Well that's different then. I just remember how so many critics initially panned it upon release and claiming it sounded like Raditude 2.0. But all of the positive reviews stated how different it was. So it was literally like people didn't even listen to it and judged it. Which, to be fair, wouldn't have been unreasonable considering Raditude.
>>
Boy it sure feels like summer in this thread
>>
>>71638943
1. Blue
2. EWBAITE
3. Songs From the Black Hole
4. Maladroit
5. White
6. Hurley
7. Pinkerton
8. Green
9. Red
10. Raditude
11. Make Belive

My opinion is fact and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong
>>
>>71639076

This
>>
>>71639123
Honestly I didn't even listen to Raditude until about 2 years ago simply because I cannot stand Lil Wayne and I loved the version of Can't Stop Partying with Jermaine Dupri and the version from Rivers Alone II album that I didn't want to hear the bastardized version with extra lines by Lil Wayne.

Now that I have heard it, I cannot stand it.
>>
Okay white isn't blue/Pinkerton tier but it doesn't deserve to be that low on the list.
>>
File: progressionofweezer.jpg (223KB, 968x1141px) Image search: [Google]
progressionofweezer.jpg
223KB, 968x1141px
OFFICIAL RANKING
>>
>>71639255
You really shouldn't have listened. You were in a very fortunate position having only heard the Alone version of Can't Stop Partying. Also the closing Raditude track has a better version of one of the Alone albums.

To be honest it's almost impressive how bad an album Raditude is. To think people once thought Make Believe was the lowest they could have reached.
>>
>>71638943
1. Pinkerton
2. blue
3. EWBAITE
4. Maladroit
5. green
6. red
7.white
everything else is not worth mentioning
red is over white because red has Greatest Man who Ever lived, Dreamin', Pig, and Pork and Beans. White also has alot of mediocre songs like thank god for girls and King of the world. But some good ones like do you wanna get high.
>>
>>71639435
>pork and beans is a good song
>king of the world is mediocre

WOW
>>
>>71639502
pork and beans
>heavy chords and neat o' lyrics
King of the world
>light sounding guitar and generic "GIRLL" lyrics
>>
File: oim8.jpg (205KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
oim8.jpg
205KB, 760x760px
>>71639559
>heavy chords
>>
OBJECTIVE RANKINGS COMING THROUGH

1. Weezer [Blue Album]
2. Pinkerton
3. Weezer [White Album]
4. Everything Will Be Alright in the End
5. Weezer [Green Album]
6. Maladroit
7. Hurley
8. Weezer [Red Album]
9. Make Believe
10. Raditude
>>
>>71638991
>agree with top 4
>make believe, the worst album I have heard in my life is 5th.
>>71639076
>>71639046
I think the only legitimately bad song on the Red album is Thought I knew.
>>
>>71639559
>generic "GIRLL" lyrics

That's Weezer though. Better than dad joke tier lyrics about fitting in your underwear and applying rogaine. But plain and simple the chord progression of King of the World is better and more in line with classic Weezer.

Granted, the production of Pork and Beans is great.
>>
>>71639579
you know what i mean, theres more grain to the guitars on red album
>>71639596
I like both, but i think pork andbeans in particular utilized the dad jokes better than kotw uses GIRRRRL lyrics
>>
>>71639595
It doesn't have as many stand out good tracks as Green and Maladroit. But I still think it's better than Hurley because the production isn't hot garbage
>>
I really like green. It's concise. Island in the sun is the best post pinkerton son next to Burnt Jamdbt.

I'm really tempted to give Hurley a listen now. Should I?
>>
>>71639650
Memories and Trainwrecks are worth it. Too bad the production is ass
>>
>>71639644
I can't listen to green all the way through, the songs themselves might technically be better than red, but every song but hash pipe just sounds the basically same to me.
I think Maladroit has less stand out songs and all together almost no personality, but doesn't have any real mess ups imo.
There's also something relaxing about listening to a perfectly mediocre album that Maladroit tapes in to. I enjoy focusedly listening to Red more than Maladroit, but Maladroit is so good as background music.
>>
>>71639656
Runaway, Ruling Me, Hang On and Time Flies are fucking killer songs. Sadly shit like Smart Girls and Where's My Sex taint the album.
>>
>>71639650
>I'm really tempted to give Hurley a listen now. Should I?

Absolutely. It's a little frustrating because I think it could have been a lot better had they not rushed it. But it's almost impressive how they released it less than a year after Raditude and how big of a turnaround they had.
>>
>>71639650
>Burnt Jamdb
Mah nigga

Listen to Hurley but be sure to skip Smart Girls. Or at least prepare yourself.
>>
>>71638966
I think if that were to happen it would have already happened
>>
>>71639650
Burndt Jamb is such a fucking good song

It sounds like Smiths
>>
>>71639673
>not mentioning Brave New World

C'mon m8
>>
>>71639671
Crab, photograph, island and the sun, and o girlfriend are the stand out tracks to me. Pretty straight forward power pop. Maladroit feels like a mix of whatever Rivers was into at the time and it makes for some pretty good tracks. Not a bad song on the album. The Red album gets grating quickly. The first two tracks range from uninteresting to annoying depending on my mood. Dreamin and I thought I knew are trash, but I thought I knew was salvageable. I like the rest though.
>>
Everyone preferred Blue until about 10 years ago or so. So I could see the tide turning back the other way eventually.
>>
>>71639671
>Maladroit
>no personality

M8 that's their guitar album. Huge riffs and killer solos are all over the place. For once it sounded like Rivers wasn't just trying to write 4 chord Pop songs. He was embracing being in a guitar band.
>>
Beverly Hills honestly isn't a bad song

I might be biased though cause I liven here
>>
Post underrated Weez tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdcCByv2XII
>>
>>71639739
I think greatest man that ever lived is the most variable song that weezer has. There are times where I think it is amazingly good and times where I think it's kinda shit. I have no idea how you dislike Dreamin, I think it is unambiguously good.
>Crab, photograph, island and the sun, and o girlfriend
Those are all literally variations of the same song. I have no idea why I would ever listen to it rather than Maladroit or a Beatles album.
>>
>>71638943
1. Pinkerton
2. Blue
3. White
4. EWBAITE
5. Maladroit
6. Green
7. Hurley
8. Red
9. Make Believe
10. Raditude
>>
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Everything Will Be Alright In The End
4. Green
5. White
>POWER GAP
6. Red
7. Maladroit
8. Hurley
9. Make Believe
>KILL YOURSELF TIER
10. Raditude
>>
>>71639846
I agree the Green album is very "samey" but O Girlfriend is not the same song as Photograph or Island in the Sun m8.
>>
>>71639769
>Maladroit has personality
>For once it sounded like Rivers was embracing being in a generic band type that Weezer has never been before.
?
It sounds like what it was, an art project, rather than being about personal issues or at least having a personal aesthetic, it was a person writing short musical stories.
>>71639798
Beverly hills is beautifully genuinely shallow, it was just emblematic of what Weezer had become, and not ironic, so people hate it.
It's literally about how they won the rat race, but how they haven't won the rat race well enough to be satisfied. It's hilarious. Only good song on Make believe imo.
>>
>>71639846
Dreamin is so weak lyrically, which is normally fine, but the music is also boring. I don't get how you can say island in the sun and o girlfriend are the same song.
>>
>>71639878
I always thought Beverly Hills was ironic considering how dry rivers is
>>
>53 replies
>no one has gotten it right yet

1. Pinkerton
2. Blue
3. White
4. Green
5. EWBAITE
6. Maladroit
7. Hurley
8. Make Believe
9. Red
10. Raditude
>>
>>71639890
People thought that back when it first came out. But Rivers has denied this time and time again. He just genuinely felt that way and thought it was a good idea for a song.
>>
>>71639076
this exactly
>>
>>71639896
I'm pretty sure he just likes to fuck with people
>>
>>71639872
>>71639880
Yeah, O girlfriend is more distinct, but all them are just pop songs before anything else.
Like, it's not even that every song on Green happens to be a pop song, it's like they're all passed through the same pop filter. I don't know how to describe it, something about the background noise, softness of the music and the structure just immediately makes them feel the same.
>but the music is also boring
I think it's good, just very low energy.
>>
>>71639919
Every song on Green has the exact same production. Every song is performed the same way with a constant guitar playing power chords. Only Hashpipe (cuz palm muting) and Island in the Sun (cuz clean guitar tone) stick out from this mundane nightmare. I think one song has clapping but whatever.

Also every song has a guitar solo that just plays the vocal melody. Honestly it shouldn't have taken more than 2 days to record the whole fucking album.
>>
>>71639919
I mean this a reason it's only my 6th favorite. He got burned by the critics for Pinkerton so he literally wrote a book on how to make successful pop songs. He autisticly combed through 200 pop songs to make a Mike Love-sequel formula. Also it was the 2000s, most major artists had horrible production
>>
File: yqk500iw6fly.png (168KB, 437x620px) Image search: [Google]
yqk500iw6fly.png
168KB, 437x620px
IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER
>>
>>71639940
I wonder if the song Endless Bummer is referring to Weezer's career as a whole.
>>
1. Ewbaite
2. Pinkerton
3. Blue
4. White
5. Maladroit
6. Red

Haven't bothered with the rest.
>>
>>71638943
Songs from the Black Hole > Pink > Blue > White > Maladroit > Red > EWBAITE > Hurley > Green > Make Believe > Raditude

Never got the love for Hurley desu.
>>
>>71640728
>Ewbaite above the big 2
I take it you really like the camp aesthetic then?
>>
>>71639838
I wish they'd release some demo CD's.
>>
1 Blue
2 Pinkerton
3 White
4 Maladroit
5 EWBAITE
6 Hurley
7 Red
8 Green
9 Make Believe
10 Raditude
>>
>>71639076
I prefer Pinkerton over Blue, and White over EWBAINTE, but a good list none the less.
>>
>>71639239
>Pinkerton under anything but Blue
>Raditude over anything
Try harder kid
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.