[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Pearl Jam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: img877.jpg (211KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
img877.jpg
211KB, 1500x1500px
What does /mu/ think of Pearl Jam?
>>
Would be ok if the singer didn't sound like he is choking on semen
>>
Ten was great at the time

Most of it sounds horribly dated now.
>>
>>71628342
Ten is a 9. They don't have an album over a 6 after that. However their two best songs, Better Man and Daughter, aren't on their best album.
>>
HEY JEWEMY, HOW WAS CWASS TODAY?
>>
>>71628628
>ten is a 9
No. its clearly a 10
>>
They have moments of brilliance on almost all of their albums, but the only album that's consistently good all the way through is Ten.
>>
only nu males hate pearl jam, vitology, vs, ten, even binaural are all certified bangers
>>
Even Flow is a damn great song.

Best song on San Andreas too. Very atmospheric, very fitting for every locale in that game.
>>
>>71628679
Wait never fucking mind apparently it's not in the game. Thought it was. Maybe it was just on my playlist.
>>
>>71628679
were probably thinking of STP- Plush. It sounds just like Even Flow
>>
>>71628679
>San Andreas
radio x ma nigga
>>
>>71628342
They're ok, just never ever read any interview with Eddie Vedder ever.
>>
File: 1402420103533.jpg (144KB, 800x838px) Image search: [Google]
1402420103533.jpg
144KB, 800x838px
>>71628777
my work here is done
>>
Horrible buttrock. Anyone who unironically listens to them should leave /mu/ at once.
>>
>>71628342
three of my favourite songs from them were Garden, Given to Fly and Indifference.

They're a competent rock band, they have some moments but I believe they've become a victim of their own success. All of the imitators they spawned resulted in them becoming very cliche.
>>
>>71628874
>Insignificance*

Indifference is a nice mellow jam, but nothing spectacular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFR5rTrmrzE
>>
>opening track of Vs. is a song about bestiality
Noice.
>>
>>71628342
Had a Yield CD as a kid. Listened to it almost daily from the age of 5 to 8 because I was autistic. Now it's so ingrained into my mind that it's a 10/10 for me.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Ten [Epic, 1991]

in life, abuse justifies melodrama. in music, riffs work even better ("Once", "Even Flow"). *

Vs. [Epic, 1993] *bomb*

Vitalogy [Epic, 1994]

It's getting hard to hate Eddie Vedder--his struggles with stardom have a concreteness missing from more mythic epics of resistance. But it isn't his MTV boycott or TicketMaster stand that make his third album his best--it's his need to live up to Kurt's musical example and expiate Kurt's mythic pain. Three or four of these songs are faster and riffier than anything else in P. Jam's book, token experiments like "Bugs" are genuinely weird, and in an era of compulsory irony his sincerity is something like a relief--a Kurtlike relief at that. A-
>>
Really the only major grunge band I could never get into, even as a kid. They always just seemed kind of dull and shallow compared to AIC and Nirvana and whoever else
>>
Ten and VS are top tier. Vitalogy is a little strange but still up there. Everything after that is an order of magnitude lower on the scale but there are still some scattered diamonds. Even their worst records have salvageable songs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.