[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/comp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: helfehelfeplxhlfe.png (30KB, 472x228px) Image search: [Google]
helfehelfeplxhlfe.png
30KB, 472x228px
Okay /mu/.

Here's the deal, I'll compose you some music provided you give me a cantus firmus. What's a cantus firmus? It's an extremely simple melody that you can base harmonies from.

I'll upp the midi when I'm done.

Also it must be in B minor. Must. Gotta. Please.
>>
>>71625419
DA da Dee da da Dee da dadadadada Dee Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Dee dadadadada doo
>>
>>71625419
Why in B minor? That is such a pleb key.

Is this for one of your excercises or are you just trying to shoot the shit with us?

If you're just trying to shoot the shit then:

DUBS decide the melody that plays
TRIPS decide the lyrics
If QUADS then the lyrics are everything that has been posted above

OP has to sing them. No excuses. If OP won't deliver then this thread is a sham.

No srs shit. Faggotry only. Final destination.
>>
File: silent night.png (79KB, 928x668px) Image search: [Google]
silent night.png
79KB, 928x668px
>>71625441
>Why in B minor? That is such a pleb key.
I like minor, sick of A, want something with few flats/sharps for ease.

>Is this for one of your excercises or are you just trying to shoot the shit with us?
Just bored, want to test myself by writing music as quick as possible. I learned counterpoint long, long ago during university.. whilst I was studying to be an engineer.

Pic related, it's silent night used as a cantus firmus. All the suspensions give it a really eery sound. If you give it a kick and a high reverb pad, it sounds like plebs ambient.

Anyway, I wanted suggestions so I could do this fast. You did not give me suggestions so I could do this fast.

>DUBS decide the melody that plays
>TRIPS decide the lyrics
>If QUADS then the lyrics are everything that has been posted above
FE

>OP has to sing them. No excuses. If OP won't deliver then this thread is a sham.
Mmm autotune!
>>
Roll.
Put your pussy fingers to the moon.
Put your pusssssy fingerrss to the moon.
Putchur putchur pussy faggot fingers to the m-m-m-moon
>>
File: 1472480795236.png (857KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472480795236.png
857KB, 800x512px
>>71625571
Take that four note melody from Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond. You know the one. B, F, G, E, I think.

Make some harsh noise with it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28KB, 508x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28KB, 508x200px
>>71625628
I'll take B, F, G, E for "why the fuck not," although the F will be a F# because "fuck you give me B minor." I can't imagine how this sounds like shine on you crazy diamond.

This is only four bars, next I need to phrase it out.
>>
>>71625687
the whole point of that riff is the tritone man
>>
File: Untitled1.png (71KB, 896x352px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
71KB, 896x352px
16 bars.

16 bars for an A part, another 16 for a B part, mix them up and you can do about 64 bars, enough for a first section or a verse/chorus thing.

The first four bars are the cantus firmus, the next four bars are actually an variation of it, the last 8 bars I was just following a 12 bar blues pattern. Sue me.

>>71625708
You mad?
>>
File: Untitled3.png (105KB, 764x368px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
105KB, 764x368px
>>71625732
Yawn, me and my thread.

Here's the scaffolding for some chords, don't ask me what I'm doing at the end there. I can hear some contrapuntal mistakes, but I cbf fixing them, I just want some music.

Any hints on how to arrange this?
>>
>>71625934
Symphony Orchestra plus choir plus SATB soloists.
>>
>>71625967
Have a midi.

michaelfroelich.com/goodnightguise.mid
>>
>>71625934
Try brass, the timbre would make it sound a lot more interesting. Trumpet + French horn + bass trombone.
>>
>>71625419
ˇE ^C ˇA ˇG ^D ^E ^F ˇB ^D ^E ˇA ^B
>>
>>71626329
Well aren't you just 2 hours too fucking late, aren't you?
>>
>>71626234
Heh, it seems you mostly focused on brass anyway. Where's the rest?
>>
>>71626342
not an argument
>>
Wow it's been a while since we've had a comp thread
>>
And FL Studio rendering, because sounds nice, don't it?

michaelfroelich.com/untitled.mp3

>>71626408
The rest is fuck you I'm going to bed, I ain't getting paid for this shit.

Anyway, this was a decent test. I can shit out about a minute of passable music in about an hour of writing it.

>>71626478
I did check the catalog you know...
>>
File: toottoot.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
toottoot.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>71626506
>toot
>toot
>toot
>toot

2spooky my man
>>
>>71626506
>passable music
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but that's not passable music. That's the sketch of potentially passable music. At the very least add some dynamic variation.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.