[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are everyone's thoughts on the best Animal Collective album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Campfire_Songs_(Front_Cover).png (117KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Campfire_Songs_(Front_Cover).png
117KB, 316x316px
What are everyone's thoughts on the best Animal Collective album?
>>
>>71624249
Feels? Yeah, its a pretty good album.
>>
>>71624249
The best track on it is The Softest Voice
>>
>>71624249
I find Campfire Songs to be ultra fucking boring, but I love all the other albums.
Am I too pleb bros?
>>
>>71624303
Only meh track is moo rah rah rain and its still great. You might be a pleb
>>
That's not Animal Collective. That's Campfire Songs' self-titled album, which their only album. So, by default, yes. That is their best album.
>>
>>71624372
Oh fuck off. It's an AC record.
>>
>>71624249
Sung Tongs? It's pretty gr8
>>
>>71624249

That is an EP you fucking idiot and a boring one at that
>>
spirit? yeah it's godly

CS is their worst
>>
>>71624366
That's the best on the album. -_-
>>
>>71624303
It isn't at all boring. The themes of life and death drawing back and forth between each track are enticing and the stylization of guitar playing mixed with the ambience creates a really unique atmosphere. I am biased though considering this is my favorite album by them. It's clearly the patrician choice.

>>71624694
>it's an EP
lol yeah clocking in at 42 minutes, it's certainly an EP.

>>71625156
Best moment on the album is actually Queen in my Pictures > Doggy > Two Corvettes > Moo rah Rah Rain > De Soto De Son
>>
Damn straight op
>>
>>71624694
i bet you think safer is at the end of SJ too, fuck off
>>
some of my favorite lyrics on this...

>said dave hey, the doctor cannot save your dog
also love the use of the tambourine on this song to emulate a dog scratching near its collar and stuff. really nice.

>let's take a ride in my corvette, your hair can blow in the wind
Love the guitar melody on this song too. Would have been nice to have Jungle Heat from Animal Crack Box on this album, feel it would have fit pretty well.

>we're beaten we're dying, let us congregate
I always get the imagery of the 1930s dust bowl in America with Moo Rah Rah Rain, such a great song.

>the sky has breaks, what a good way to rise
Again, awesome imagery of a multicolored sun rise over the plains of the US invoked by lyrics of great lakes, straw thickets and the mention of the native peoples of america.

this album for me is all about the concept of life and death, and it is very eloquently expressed without being too blunt or brash or seeming too dark.

>>71625841
lol at spotify. it's nice to have to listen to, but it really doesn't fit on SJ.
>>
>>71624249
My blackman
>>
>>71625772
What the fuck is this ranking
Two Corvettes > De Soto De Son > Doggy > Queen in My Pictures > Moo Rah Rah Rain
>>
The best AnCo album is clearly either Feels, HCTI or MPP
>>
>>71624249
Its like grouper but bad
>>
Doggy makes this record worthwhile
>>
>>71626520
It wasn't a ranking, it was the track listing you dolt. I was saying all of the songs on the album are the best moment on the album.
>>
>>71624249

STGTSV? It's a 10
>>
>>71627689
there are a good number of 10/10 anco records in my opinion but i'm gay for them so i'm biased as fuck.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.