[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

¡¡¡NEW ARCA VIDEO!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 9

File: new arca.png (442KB, 1365x631px) Image search: [Google]
new arca.png
442KB, 1365x631px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKWZ9y-dvU

Spoiler: it's kind of nsfw.
>>
>>71610822
man this one is gonna suck
was hoping after how great mutant was he was about to aotd
>>
>>71610822
>sees thumbnail
>immediately close out this tab
no thank u
>>
At this point I don't know if Arca is pretentious or he's so deep that none of us can understand why he doesn't just write good fucking music.
>>
It's anti-gay?
>>
Wow, that is...uh...wow.
>>
This may be the gayest thing I've ever seen.
>>
[screams in homosexual]
>>
>>71610864
>or he's so deep that none of us can understand why he doesn't just write good fucking music.
he hangs out with bjork, hba and dean blunt
sounds about right
>>
>>71610919
definitely Dean Blunt is the problem
>>
The music videos are gay, but I like the music.
>>
not bad
legitimately sounds like coil
but he's doing a bad impression of ernesto tomasini
>>
do gay people actually do this?
>>
Seriously I think it's anti-gay. He's dressed as half human, strokes his cock, then his ass is bleeding and he appears to die.
>>
>>71610990
desu they do it so much that this is considered a bit old hat
>>
when did he turn into discount Andy Stott?
>>
>hoping on the gay flaunting progressive political bandwagon

annnnnnddd dropped
>>
>>71610994
Have you seen his other music videos? You really think he's anti-gay? LMFAO.

Just discovered him with this thread...The music is fucking fantastic though, this is like Tim Hecker's gigantic homosexual faggot cousin.
>>
>>71611025
try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ab5Cje7i8
>>
>>71611009
>hopping on

Have you seen his music videos from like...2015? or any of his other music vids? Did you listen to his music for 2 years without looking up his videos? You can hate a music video, but to hate great music because the guy is gay....well that's just dumb, I have nothing else to say.
>>
The best of the new songs that I've heard yet, but still nothing near some of his best old stuff

also fuck I hate the video, it's so cringy. bad acting, insincere af, bland, overdone themes
>>
>>71611025
No and I'm just talking about this video. I would say it's at least just about dying from Aids but he's dressed as half animal among other apparent clues that it's actually anti-gay
>>
>>71611009
Arca's been "on the gay flaunting progressive political bandwagon" since the beginning. He's just super gay. That's his persona.

Although I have trouble seeing how anything about this video is political at all. Just very flamboyant.
>>
das gay as hell
>>
>>71611040
Nice but not an official music video is it? I think Arca would prefer to see The Great Emperor's dong out at some point.
>>
I enjoyed it more than his previous work tbqh
>>
File: arca on bestiality.png (22KB, 655x112px) Image search: [Google]
arca on bestiality.png
22KB, 655x112px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71611110
Yep it's anti-gay. Mike Pence should see this video and use it as evidence for the validity of conversion therapy.
>>
>>71611145
I doubt Arca would bother making an anti-gay video as a gay musician.
>>
>>71611156
hes part of the weird frontier. nothing is beneath him
>>
>>71611156
Wut that post literally just explained it and proved my point. Through personal experience Arca has learned that a sexual relationship between men is wrong. He's certainly demonstrating that evidence at least points in that direction.
>>
>>71611156
>>71611258
>>71611145
>>71611025
>>71610994
it's escalating. mutant's cover was a demon that looked like a prolapsed anus, now he's bleeding from his ass.
>>
>>71611292
Oh interesting I never made that connection about Mutant
>>
>>71611316
yeah not everyone is as smart as i am, or should I say ASS smart ASS ASS
>>
>>71611110
He's wearing a bullfighter jacket in the video, and also bleeding from his anus. He got gored by a bull in the anus, and loved it sexually. Not sure what the stilts mean though.
>>
>>71611501
No he's obviously in pain and then he dies. Even if he did like it, blood is an obvious symbol of trauma which is then followed by a premature and tortured death. The ultimate symbol of mistake.
>>
Straight men will never understand.
>>
>>71611550
Understand what?
>>
i feel like he grew up locked in a room with a slot for food and the cremaster cycle on repeat
>>
>>71611110
The video is about internal conflict. One fighting one's self. Not sure what the ass-bleeding is all about but I'm sure the bull-fighting jacket in tandem with the bull-esque legs and penis represent that.
>>
>>71611603
How can you not be sure what the ass bleeding is about? Bad tacos?
>>
Jesus christ, I like his music a lot but I can't stand this fucking retarded "dude I'm so gay and weird" persona he puts on. It's not even shocking, it's just annoying.
>>
>>71610822
very very good
>>
>>71611624
now you understand how i feel about females
>>
>>71611258
i mean why make a really black and white reading of it. i guess you are trolling though.
>>
>>71611560
what it feels like being homosexual
>>
>>71611699
And what does it feel like?
>>
>>71611682
Well I just conceded that it could be about bad tacos. I can imagine stroking my dick right before I eat a bunch of tacos.
>>
>>71611814
like being a fucking faggot
>>
>>71611814

cocks in ass and an overly sensitive emotional complex comparable to a woman

also constant attention seeking behaviors and low inhibition towards reckless activities because they feel good
>>
File: 1483902790692 - copia.jpg (46KB, 335x498px) Image search: [Google]
1483902790692 - copia.jpg
46KB, 335x498px
>>71611814
like the same thing
>>
>>71611835
i think it's about shame and shamelessness
>>
Where is my Frank OceanxArca collab at?
>>
>>71611814
imagine the desire to fuck women

except with men.
it's basically that.
>>
The torn pants/underwear also indicate trauma and an unnatural state. Contrasted with the immaculate and ornate appearance of his upper human half. Emotional love between two men is good but sexual relationships are bad.
>>
>>71610822
Great song desu

But i don't get his music videos. I mean i know he's gay but EVERYTHING HE DOES seems to be about how he identifies as a homosexual.

I don't know, is this even homosexuality? I mean he crossdresses in literally every single video, is he like soft trans or something?

Anyways, i like his music, but his constantly super post-gay videos make it look like he's not genuine and just wants to be weird
>>
>>71611501
>Not sure what the stilts mean though.
the bottom of the stilts look like bull hooves, which would make sense with what he said about animality/bestiality
>>
>>71611978
> I mean i know he's gay but EVERYTHING HE DOES seems to be about how he identifies as a homosexual.
not true up until &&&&&& he was quiet on this stuff,
and actually when he was in school iirc he said always hiding away from ppl because he was gay
>>
Arca is the only person who can go full faggot mode without me getting annoyed by it
I don't know why tho
>>
it's vic reeves/tim & eric territory
s he definitely being serious?

pop surrealism, shiggy my diggy
>>
>>71612013
They do also have a distinct leg brace appearance. They could have easily been made actual animal legs but they weren't. Homosexuality is a crutch.
>>
>>71612036
I'm hetero but i'd cuddle with Arca desu. He seems like someone who genuinely values intimacy
>>
>>71612042
good point
>>
>>71611978
not meaning to call you out but a ton of r&b, hip-hop, rock and pop artists make exclusively sexual music (and music videos) but it's pleasing your peen so you don't write shit like that.
>>
About the video (this comes from Dazed magazine): “Reverie” was originally the working title for what would become Arca. Its video, directed by longtime visual collaborator Jesse Kanda, was filmed in one take. In it, Arca stands on mechanical, hoof-like legs, depicting a “wounded matador” (as a press release puts it) who bleeds over flower petals. “Bullfighting is a piercing metaphor: you are fighting a bull, and at the same (time) yourself,” Arca says in a statement. “You are not the victim or the oppressor, you are both – animality and bestiality are conflated. Evoking sex invokes our animality. And evoking our animality, in turn, invokes spirituality.”
>>
Right after his ass starts bleeding he looks right in the camera and says no no no
>>
music about fucking, it's the weird frontier
>>
>>71612072
>tfw virgin and will never expeirnece animality
im so close to becoming gay
>>
>>71612117
who said you'll get laid then
>>
>>71612160
grindr
>>
>>71611814
it feels like being told your wrong for expressing a feeling everyone repress
>>
>>71612028
not really, he was dressing like a nerd but he worked at ghettogothik
>>
File: 1447102888008.jpg (19KB, 511x341px) Image search: [Google]
1447102888008.jpg
19KB, 511x341px
>>71611866
/POOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL/
>>
Man, I really wanted to like Arca hearing he was all avant-garde and collaborating with Bjork and everything.

From the first time I heard/saw him performing though, I really can't understand what people like about what he comes up with. I get it, he's doing some kind of production in the studio I could never do, but the actual music he creates and his singing are both pretty bad. Good for everyone who enjoys it, it seems I just can't.

That said, he certainly is a spectacle and the video, while nothing I liked per se, is well done.
>>
>>71612900
he made music videos back then?
>>
>>71613134
Agreed his music is so disjunct with almost no coherent melody or beat or anything
>>
>>71613167
what do you listen to anon?
>>
>>71613134
>>71613167
its a pleb filter sorry
>>
>>71613215
Music where even when there is very little melody or beat, it's because of an intellectual principle at work like Babbit, Boulez, Stockhausen.
>>
>>71613241
try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ji1l01Z_o
>>
>>71613241
1. There is a pretty distinct melody and beat, like it's not even that challenging

2. why are you in this thread and not shitposting in /classical/ if you have no appreciation for the experimental music culture of the past 50 years
>>
>>71613367
It's literally just Arca I take issue with. Arca is just bad.
Onkyo, OPN, Michael Pisaro is all fine.
>>
>>71613387
>names 3 artist who don't even sound like him
stop trolling and pls leave
>>
>>71613261
Best thing I've heard from him.
>>
>>71613400
I'm sorry I don't like your pop that's intentionally sounding shitty and off kilter. Maybe you could go to good music sometime?
>>
>>71613439
was expecting better bait.
sort yourself out
>>
>>71613439
>claims he likes onkyo (non specified artists) and pisaro
>good taste

dude, you literally just hate him because he's gay, you have not had a single good critique of his music
>>
>>71613457
The fuck dude he just does fancy effects in arrhythmic manner with absolutely no form or organization. It's pretentious as fuck.
Listen to Mark Fell or Thomas Brinkmann sometime
>>
>>71613488
>arrhythmic
>no form or organizition

>listens to onkyo

you can just say you don't like it, but I've listened to tons of mark fell and I still like arca.
>>
>>71613539
Onkyo's trying to be arrhythmic though, it's environment music.
>>
>>71613594
I know. I like and have listened to a ton of onkyo. Calling things pretentious that you like in other genres is just hypocritical and anti-intellectual.

What I'm saying is you're arguing in bad faith because you're critiques of the music apply to things you unprompted stated you liked.

It's fine not to like arca, but your critques don't hold water
>>
A O T Y
O
T
Y
desu
>>
>>71612063

It's different to talk about love and sexual relationships than exclusively talking about sexuality, it's insincere. I watched him live recently and a lot of people in the audience, most of which were gay, were complaining about how forced it looked.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even gay, desu
>>
>>71613647
I don't know what to say other than Arca intentionally makes his music "bad" by setting rhythms in random ways with no formal organization and by not developing his melody coherently.
>>
>>71613715
i don't see how stuff like this is intentionally bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEULQOheKE
>>
>>71613715
they aren't random or incoherent though, you're critique is bad
>>
not his best video :/
Anoche & Sin Rumbo were better imo
>>
File: literrally-horny.jpg (197KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
literrally-horny.jpg
197KB, 2048x1152px
>Also in Spanish there's a saying for when someone cheats on you, "te pegaron los cuernos" which roughly translates to they've stuck the horns on you. I feel like that is relevant
from a YT comment, so take it with a grain of salt
but it seems quite relevant
>>
>>71613759
Reverie and Mutant are just masses of sound with little care.
>>
remember when society had standards and faggots couldn't publicly be faggots because they'd be beaten to death? I remember and I miss it
>>
>>71613799
i can confirm that saying is real
>>
>>71611049
I don't think he's saying that dude...

To me it seems he's trying way too hard to make a message that we already know. Trying to paint a picture that's been already painted.

This added nothing to the political discussion. It's a bland music video with themes that are overdone and cliché at this point.

I liked the music though.
>>
>>71613885
>>>/russia/
>>>/arabia/
>>
>>71610919
What is hba
>>
>>71611624
Agreed.
If this was released 8-9 years ago it might have had a much greater impact.

Now it's just dated af.
>>
>it's another Arca show his butt episode
>>
>>71614076
hood by air
>>
>>71613799
>te pegaron los cuernos
... is that :gasp: cuk propaganda???
>>
>>71614078
i don't get this. dated af? arce is probably the most original musician bridging pop and experimental right now. what music in your opinion does not sound dated af right now?
>>
>>71614078
but somehow it's more sincere: he doesn't use a lame concept or a character anymore (ie.Xen, Mutant) based on androgyny/non-binary/queer themes (that may appear just "weird" to straight ppl). Now it's really more based on his personal expression of self-gayness. The problem is less people can relate to the straight-forward (no pun intended) themes.
>>
>>71613799
>when someone cheats on you, "te pegaron los cuernos" which roughly translates to they've stuck the horns on you
Or as we say in English, they cuckolded you. Fucking morons.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>71614208
>self-gayness
>>
>>71614208
why the fuck does it matter what you relate to. i try to find shit i don't relate to so i can experience something different. fuck off with that thinking in the first place.
>>
>>71614275
well, good for you if you're so privileged you can afford the will to experience something different
>>
>>71614308
are you joking? we share the privilege by having this conversation
>>
okaaay

i get it

arca is gay
>>
>>71613134
His singing is bad? He has quite a haunting vibrato. Idk, reminds me of Jamie Stewart from Xiu Xiu. Definitely not conventional
>>
>see arca a few months ago
>his set is him singing amatuer opera and DJing latin house for an hour
>only cool part was jesse kanda lining up pre-made video sequences
>lights come on
>everyone in the crowd was pickpocketted in the midst of the weird arca moshpit
>cant bring myself to listen to anything past &&&&&&
>>
>>71614308
god damn
>>
>>71614208
lol
>>
Still trying to figure out the sudden Arca hate since Mutant. The most common complaint I hear is that he's removed any sense of melody and harmony from his music, but every track off of his newest album has a very clear sense of harmonic progression to me. Sure it's disjointed, twisted, and obscured, but there's still an immediate and undeniable sense of solid melody and harmony to me, even more so than everything from Xen backward that people seem to associate more with structured musicality. Am I just going crazy and hearing things that aren't there?
>>
>>71614430
>everyone in the crowd was pickpocketted
is this the new gay slang for orgy?
>>
>>71614487
Never had this specific issue with Mutant

I just thought it was 10/10 sound design meets 3/10 song writing
>>
>>71614487
In case you didn't the thread, he's "2gay4mufags". Also
I agree with you, his songs are more & more melodic. I love the fact he sings entirely in Spanish too (btw it might be one of the reason ppl hates him too)
>>
>>71614487
you are hearing it very clearly. if anything, arca is heading towards a much more interesting space.
>>
>>71614487
no you're fine. its just the post-yeezus fans want him to keep repeating &&&&&& every release and don't wanna admit they like an gay artist.
>>
at the end of the video, he seems to be looking for a way out. exit the video. he is on show and doesn't want to anymore.

do you guys think this has to do anything with the exctiment and then release? or maybe shamelessness versus shame? does the video deal with societies unspoken repulsions? i've watched it twice but it would be cool to hear what you people think.
>>
>>71614812
doesn't look like anything to me
>>
>>71613234
What am I if I like Arca and Taytay?
>>
>>71614812
looking for his next blowjob :)
>>
>>71614890
a masochist
>>
File: arca-workout.gif (738KB, 346x259px) Image search: [Google]
arca-workout.gif
738KB, 346x259px
>>
idk whether to fap to this or report it ...because i certainly can't dance to it or relax to it.
>>
His gay persona has a clear influence from ney matogrosso. I am sure that he did listen to ney growing up in south america.
>>
>>71615067
lol
>>
>>71611025
>Just discovered him with this thread...The music is fucking fantastic though
um what hahahahaha
if you discovered Arca post-2013 can you just please not bother posting
>>
>>71613134
what the fuck is good singing anymore

please elaborate my friend

and the music he builds is amazingly complex, some flaws here and there but that turns me on to it more. it isn't always just abrasively strong and impenetrable music that he creates. it's flawed in the best ways, it feels more human than anything ive heard in a while.
>>
>>71615780
S P E C I A L
N
O
W
F
L
A
K
E
>>
File: grandma-fu.jpg (251KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
grandma-fu.jpg
251KB, 590x421px
>>71615805
>it feels more human than anything ive heard in a while
:cough:
>>
>>71615847
you solidify my point even further since vulnicura, produced by arca, is also beautiful because it emphasizes the humanity of bjork's writing subject and the emotion in her voice

atom dance is still my favorite song of last year
>>
>>71615096
generation z is doomed if people like this continue to exist
>>
>>71615892
calm down 'this' has been around for a long time you're just not used to seeing it in this context
>>
>>71610822
i'm starting to think arca is a gay
>>
>>71614487
yes and no
Piel is just ok
Anoche is fantastic
Sin Rumbo is fantastic

new track... i dunno. why is that bit from Gratitud thrown in?
>>
>>71611057
he's transgressive dude.

>>71611040
this video really works.
>>
>>71611009
fag
>>
>>71610864
go 'listen' to tilt you fucking boor
>>
>>71615892
if generation z includes you and phillistines like you, good fucking riddance.
>>
>>71616209
what a comeback
>>
>>71616234
get your faggot ass back to pol you gook
>>
Why can't we have good threads anymore? :(
>>
>>71611025
>Just discovered him with this thread.
Genuine question: How long have you been coming here?

the Stretch EPs are the only Arca projects worth listening to imo
>>
>>71616840
bad opinion bro
>>
>>71610990
Nah, the robotic legs is overdoing it. But the rest, pretty spot on. Don't really like it tho.
>>
I wonder if he ever just walks around the house in those stilt thingies.
>>
>>71610990
I'm gay and I endorse this video desu :3
>>
>>71611884
Right here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3muTuMTBDg
>>
really weird song
sounds like something between pop and avantgarde
>>
>>71617462
>between pop and avantgarde
that's the exact definition of the infamous genre called Weird Frontier fyi
>>
This is his worst material by far
Really underwhelming production compared to his other releases, singing is okay but doesn't redeem it at all. Bjork ruined him. Sad!
>>
>>71615805
I'm 'classically trained' you could say, but I have an appreciation for conventionally skilled singers and weirder deliveries. What he does isn't pleasing on too many levels. He definitely has some moments of competent singing, but for the most part his vocal parts and execution are lacking.

I have yet to really hear the amazing complexity.
>>
how do you go from Sin Rumbo to THIS shit????
>>
>>71612028
but he rapped about getting fucked in the ass on stretch 2
>>
>>71613134
I took me a running through the forests in the dark on LSD listening to Mutant to get it. Not saying I need to be doing the same thing or tripping to get it now but I began to understand his work/vision that night, and while I've sort of lost my taste for Mutant since then, I've been in obsessed with his new stuff as well as his older stuff and even FKA Twigs, finally.
>>
He's trying to be Bjork and it's boring
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.