[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good music only thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1287462.png (449KB, 893x721px) Image search: [Google]
1287462.png
449KB, 893x721px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpjG6_QxG6w
>>
"This is seriously still better than the original song."

I swear people who blindly like these old timey swing covers are fucking autistic accountants that don't understand intent or meaning behind songs

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSa0-oAnIo

and this is coming from someone who's actually seen post modern jukebox live

singing talent and big band does not automatically = good
>>
>>71609117
>>71609320
WÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆ
>>
>>71609320
try getting some class, kid
>>
>>71609117
Is this video what negros calls "whitewashing"
>>
>>71609467
tips fedora
>>
>>71609117
this is unironically cultural appropriation
>>
>>71609527
deal with it, if you like the original this is just the same thing but rearranged into a much more sophisticated form
>>
>>71609561
kind of like how wu-tang unironically culturally appropriated buddhist and chinese culture right ?
>>
>>71609624
2/10 attempt at trolling
>>
>>71609638
that's your retort? you're the one dismissing swing music on the basis of "autism", don't make me laugh you fucking brainlet
>>
>>71609682
He's dismissing swing covers on the basis that they don't actually understand the context of the original song you moron.

Both examples provided are trash clickbait designed to appeal to people that start discussions about music with "remember when music was actually good".
>>
>>71609724
pray tell, what is the "context" of the original song that is so integral to its value that is literally can't be changed without completely invalidating the music?

do you even hear how stupid that sounds?
>>
>>71609746
Please, do explain how jazz scatting adds value or weight to the interpretation of nothing else matters.
>>
>>71609790
everyone can see you just completely avoided that question because your argument's foundation is built on airy pretentious bullshit

face it, you're a fucking loser and you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9aUOBLCTk
>>
>>71609117
is that fucking double4anime?
>>
>>71609809
You responded with a question but it's no longer a valid form of argument right ? Oops ...

My argument is that these songs are garbage because they don't convey the context of the original songs and instead focus on the aesthetics of jazz and american idol style vocal embellishments.

You haven't made one yet.
>>
>>71609561
as much as this song sucks, you need to fuck off you little underage niggerfaggot
>>
>>71609852
haha oh gods you really think you're smart don't you

I'm quite done with you kiddo, enjoy your pathetic metal ballads and the purity of that oh-so-important context you can't quite seem to put your finger on
>>
>>71609878
I couldn't give a shit about the examples provided.

You're still yet to make an argument, aside from now just giving up on the basis that apparently nothing can be criticized, but also trying to dismiss the original song as a final fleeting swing and miss.
>>
>>71609878
honestly i don't think the fact that it's different is what bothers him, it's the stupid embellishments and vocal wank, combined with the arrogance of the whole "this cover is so much better than the original" type comments.
>>
>>71609928
Give it up dude. I don't even disagree with you really, but you're making yourself look like an idiot.
>>
>>71609968 (you)
>>71609878 (you)
>I'm quite done with you kiddo

Sorry which is it ?
You don't want to make an argument. You're done with the conversation, but you're also not ?

uhh...ok.
>>
>>71610012
Not the same guy. You are just sperging out a little here and I'm encouraging you to stop. You wont get anything out of arguing with a troll except a migraine. Don't be an idiot.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.