[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: gizz_jizz.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gizz_jizz.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
>>
5/10 like everything they make
>>
king gizzard and tame Impala are the death of rock

just loop the same riff for 5 minutes and put reverb on everything
>>
One of my favorite albums of 2016
>>
>>71604939
Barely made it through this album and the one they just put out.

Sleepdrifter is a cool track though
>>
>Band is heavily praised on /mu/
>Starts to get attention from outlets such as p4k and fantano
>The backlash circle jerk begins

Like fucking clockwork. Could you fags just TRY to be maybe a little less predictable??
>>
>>71604939
I live in Victoria and people love them to death here.

Frankly they sound like ass and appeal to people probably because they're too lazy to actually find music themselves, it has to come to them and these guys go everywhere.
>>
Nonagon Infinity is probably a 7.5/10 from me
Microtonal Banana is probably a 6/10
>>
>>71605021
>I like them because Pitchfork and fantano told me too

That's all I got from your post.
>>
>>71605021

People are always talking about this band lately. I saw a dude ask Pauls Ego if he heard of them on his livestream today and last night on a /r/drugs thread

inb4 reddit hate meme (Yes, Reddit is mostly AIDS but sometimes I get bored and wanna look at shit)
>>
>>71605040
I'm in your mind is all of the good things from two those albums and their best work
>>
File: 1488512182025-mu.jpg (28KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1488512182025-mu.jpg
28KB, 400x396px
Album was good, actually listened to it because of melon head. I also tried to listen to dearth gripes because of him and was entirely unamused.

In a similar vein ITAOTS had some fun songs but in the court of the crimson chin is utter garbage. Trout meme replica is also trash
>>
How does this band get away with charging $50 for a fucking t shirt?
>>
>>71604974
the fact that people think Tame Impala is good just goes to show that rock is dead
>>
>>71605080
>I saw a dude ask Pauls Ego if he heard of them on his livestream today
....has he? asking for a friend
>>
>>71605649

He didn't respond. I don't think so though.
>>
>>71605086
I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is actually their most overrated.
>>
>>71605021
I first heard about them from Fantano and I still dislike them.
>>
>>71605056
You know it's not like these reviewers…I don't know, review prolific independent music? find an album that isn't reviewed by Christgau, p4k, or Fantano. Doesn't mean it's not relatively obscure to most of the population, this mindset is so stupid. These reviewers may be tastemakers and that is absolutely not a problem, in fact it's beneficial for the artist and the reviewer itself. Take this "not obscure enough" attitude away from music. It's my only problem with /mu/ in general, it's like you have to find the holy grail of music that only you've heard of and if you share it and it becomes big enough then there is this backlash against it.
>>
can someone explain to me why they have two drummers?
it seems like they're just playing the same thing as each other most of the time,
having two of them doesn't seem to add anything?
>>
>>71607165
cuz theyre wild strayans m8
>>
>>71607165
John might be a bit unnecessary but he's a real good cunt fallen on hard times so fuck it
>>
>>71606173
wow you really thought someone would read all that visual white noise huh
>>
>>71606173
I dont have a problem with bands being reviewed by publications, its not like they really have a choice. But king gizzard has put out the same album like 5 times now each with some small gimmick to make it appear different even though the all the songs are still structured and performed the exact same way right down to the
>snare roooooolllllll
>ahhhhwooooo
s. In nonagons case its an extremely boring listen cause they actually set out to make a giant repeitive piece of shit instead of doing it on accident. And fmb brings on an interesting gimmick, even displays it in the title, and hardly delivers on it. Like wow they wrote a riff that could land on any of their albums but on note is microtonal!!!! There are plenty of real gripes to have with them as a band other than "pfk and fantano love them" dont even get me started on the two drummers playing the exact same fucking thing meme
>>
I don't understand, a few years ago you were all over these guys
they went the way of demarco it seemed and now they're shit

>>71607502
asshole
>>
>>71605080
To be fair most of DPs audience also watches fantano
>>
I heard about these guys because they were playing Levitation last year, which I was supposed to go to before they canceled it.

They ended up being one of the bands for which I was most hyped. I had seen live videos and downloaded everything from them. I still think they'd be a better live experience than they are in the studio, but songs like Head On and The River are simply badass. That said, I thought Nonagon Infinity, while well played and everything, was kind of uninteresting. Look forward to new material from them and one day seeing them though.
>>
Their best album is paper machete dream boat
>>
>>71605021
nobody trashes Thee Oh Sees
>>
>>71605568
Aus dollars. Everything there is like twice as expensive
>>
>>71609722
You need some maths brah
1usd = 1.3aud

It's expensive because, even when adjusting for this discrepancy, average Australians earn a lot more than average Americans do.
>>
>>71604974
exactly right

>>71605612
yup

>>71605021
>Band is heavily praised on /mu/

may be true but I've disliked both bands the day I heard them
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.