[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ thing of Galaxie 500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: blob.png (582KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
blob.png
582KB, 600x600px
What does /mu/ thing of Galaxie 500
>>
Cuckcore
>>
>>71602911
sadfag
>>
>>71602911
I like it
>>
>>71602911
pic realted is literally the same song over and over

>this is a 10/10 for pitchcuck
>>
good band but Today is honestly much better than On Fire
>>
>>71603099
This pretty much, goes for the rest of their albums as well. Someone rec'd them to me over a year ago after I said I really loved Red House Painters but this was a disappointment.
>>
>>71602911
jeff wrote naomi about the girl
>>
Great fucking band.
>>
Fun Fact: their first album recorded using Conan O Brien's drum kit. Good thing he went another direction...
>>
>>71604661
That's right, they were roommates
>>
>>71605215
Who? Dean and Conan? Naomi and Conan?

I'd heard that before.
>>
They're fine but that's about it
>>
Should be /mu/core, but I guess too big a segment of /mu/ just doesn't get it.
>>
They're good but Low have always been waaaay better
>>
Am I the only one who finds the vocals annoying as fuck on this album??
>>
You know how to tell if someone has absolutely zero music knowledge? If they compare this band to Low or Red House Painters because of some bullshit blog baby genre term they read on the internet.
>>
It's perhaps one of the most overrated albums of all time.
>>
>>71605226
I thought it was their drummer Damon. Its been so long I can't remember where I heard that roommate bit. I think they were dormmates at University
>>
>>71605262
They have more in common with Low than Red House Painters
>>
>>71605283
Yeah you're right, i just looked it up.

For some reason I thought Naomi was the drummer
>>
>>71605309
They have more in common with The Velvet Underground than any of those bands.

The whole "slowcore" thing is so contrived. And the whole problem with this board is lazy recommendations and people thinking of music in terms of genres and labels.

"Oh this is SLOWCORE!!! so it must sound like Low and RHP and Codeine!!!"

Ugh.
>>
One of the best bands ever when your /psy/
>>
>>71602911
Sounds like Dinosaur Jr. If you slowed it down 50% and turned the Gain all the way down.
>>
>>71605359
I completely agree with everything you've said. But I do believe that they can be compared to TVU and Low. Low briefly followed in their footsteps.
>>
>>71602911
Also it's an incredibly overrated album. It's not bad, but it doesn't deserve nearly the praise it gets. there's some pretty good song writing that shines on a few tracks, and the production isn't bad but all of the rest of it is so incredibly samey it loses a lot of staying power.
>>
>>71605476
dude wanted to argue with you so bad and all you could be is polite and agreeable
>>
>>71602911
they aight
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.