[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drunk - Thundercat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

Thoughts?
>>
>>71599700
love it
>>
BEAT
>>
YOUR
>>
WIFE
>>
MEAT
>>
File: cape.gif (2MB, 274x205px) Image search: [Google]
cape.gif
2MB, 274x205px
It's good/10
>>
I really enjoyed it
>>
>>71599838
this

it's really hard to give it a rating because some songs are shorter than one minute but they're still good
>>
File: dk.gif (278KB, 150x111px) Image search: [Google]
dk.gif
278KB, 150x111px
groovy album
fun jams
fun zone only
>>
>>71599781
this
it's the devo of neo-soul
>>
thundershit
>>
it's what you expect from thundercat. the same old shit..never once leaving his comfort zone. it grooves and it jams but it also puts me to sleep after you make the same album three times
>>
>>71599869
I feel like some songs are short because their concept/feel is immediately followed up by the next track. Making them in one full track in a sense.

IE: Lava Lamp/Jethro and Tokyo/Jameel's Space Ride
>>
>>71599914
yeah I feel the same way, the album flows smoothly. I still have some issues with it though so i cut it down to 17 songs or something.
>>
>>71599700
Honestly just listen to FlyLo instead. Same sonically but more interesting concepts explored
>>
>>71600041
>Same sonically

Well it could be because Thundercat is on alot of FlyLo tracks and vice versa.
>>
>>71600293
right but a FlyLo album is going to be more experimental than a Thundercat album
>>
File: Koala.jpg (762KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
762KB, 1024x768px
>>71599700
>tfw you think you left your wallet in the club
>>
>>71599700
I like it.
I see what he was going for and I appreciate the vibe he's created.
but its probably not technically good. some songs don't really add much to the album or feel phoned in. some songs taken off of previous work.

Apocalypse is a better, more full experience.

But yeah I still enjoy it a lot.

I'd love to see more from Thundercat.
>>
he needs to make a neo-soul/r&b/jazz/prog album
>>
File: 6e1788aa32-1485279916014.png (235KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
6e1788aa32-1485279916014.png
235KB, 640x360px
Post yfw you want to play Mortal Kombat anyway.
>>
musically really solid, but the lyrics are honestly a deal-breaker for me. "thank god for girls" was a major black mark on the last Weezer album, and Drunk literally has a song called "The Friend Zone". Idk, I just felt like I didn't really know what the lyrics were trying to say, and I would've preferred an instrumental album rather than all the dumb jokes on this one
>>
Literal meme music. Into the bin it goes.
>>
It's really good the first time but almost un listenable replay value
>>
>>71599906
unwarranted. Golden Age and Apocalypse are pretty different. This is more like the former but justifies itself in the progress he has shown as a songwriter
>>
>>71599700
it's good.

but there's way too much focus on the bass alone rather than the mix of all the instruments. It would be kinda okay if Thundercat was still trying to establish himself, but we've had a few albums just like that so we know what we're getting into.
>>
>>71602007
this is true of zero albums. If it's good once it's good twice, unless you have sugary taste in music.
>>
>>71602050
i disagree; some albums are definitely better on the first listen. some are better on the fifth. I find with music that relies on very straightforward or narrative lyrics or punchlines that it tends to wear out on me the more i listen. definitely true for me of this thundercat album. a shrinker, rather than a grower
>>
>>71599781
Ariana grande
>>
What should I listen to first if I want to get into Thundercat but haven't heard much from him before?
>>
>>71602254
just the song "them changes", i would say. that's thundercat firing on all cylinders
>>
>>71602254
The beyond / where the giants roam
Everything is perfect (except that dog meat mv)
>>
>>71599700

I don't listen to black musicians.
>>
Honestly my AOTY so far.
>>
>>71602607
I hope that's a joke
>>
DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING 'BOUT
'CAUSE I REALLY DON'T WANNA HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT
>>
>>71599888
>it's the devo of neo-soul
waste
of
trips
>>
>>71601940
I thought the friend zone was a ballzy move since ones liable to get so much for acknowledging that women use their looks to manipulate people into supporting them emotionally (as opposed to say an actual friendship where the relationship isn't one sided).

People will find it a lot harder to criticize him since he's black, gets people's narratives in a bind

Not to defend people who feel entitled to sex for being a decent human being. If anything the song depicts the opposite person, who fucks off when it becomes clear that their being misled
>>
>>71602646

Why would it be?

Why would I listen to negroid musicians? I despise negroids.

I listen to white musicians. I don't need to have the negro's culture shoved down my throat; I don't even want them to live in my country.
>>
>>71603292
>Wants me to respect opinion
>Uses the word negroid not as joke
>>
>>71603292
>>>>>>>/pol/
don't listen to "negroid" musicians, why post about them?
>>
>>71603390
It's in the dictionary.

>>71603413
Because I want to tell you people that you should listen to the culture of your own race and your own people.

You shouldn't be poisoning your minds with the cultures of other races.

These other races don't care about you; in fact, they are licking their lips for the day that you are crushed out of existence for all eternity.

You are a fool if you let yourself be tricked like this.
>>
>>71603963
there's a lot of stuff in the dictionary, doesn't mean it doesn't delegitimize your message. idgaf if someone is black or brown or white, if they're making good music who cares. It's pathetic to base your listening habits on the skin color or ethnic background of the artist, especially when it's not relevant to the music. Enjoy your Vanilla Ice and Backstreet Boys, though, I guess they'll repay your loyalty by having your back when Thundercat and Mitski start the race war
>>
THIS ALL STARTED WHEN I WAS A BOY
>>
Goku fucking ruined me
>>
File: 1040913-00000001.jpg (724KB, 1280x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1040913-00000001.jpg
724KB, 1280x1650px
>>71604257
>>
>>71599700
GOKU FUCKING RUINED MEeeeeee
>>
>>71603963
Damn son, I hope you're loved someday.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.