[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 1975 are going to release a masterpiece next year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

>The 1975: ‘Our next album needs to be like ‘OK Computer’ or ‘The Queen Is Dead”

>Healy revealed his hopes for the record to Q, adding that he’d already penned two tracks for the album that are ‘as good as anything on the previous album’ along with ‘lots of ambient and classical tracks’.

>“If you look at third albums, ‘OK Computer’ or ‘The Queen Is Dead’, that’s what we need to do.”

>Healy continued: ” I want a legacy. I want people to look back and think our records were the most important pop records that a band put out in this decade.

Guys, are you ready to experience this generation's OK Computer
>>
Unironically, do you reckon they could do it? I mean, they can write decent pop songs, but if they actually put all of their effort on releasing a masterpiece, could they do it?

Will Music for Cars be /mu/core?
>>
>The band are currently gearing up for the final run of touring around their second album, ‘I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It‘ – which was named NME’s Album Of The Year 2016. However, they’re already at work on their next record – having previously revealed that it will be titled ‘Music For Cars’ and is due for release in 2018.

>Music for Cars
>>
>>71579352
ENO?
>>
I've never heard a faggot so far up his own ass. Their music is teeny-bopper garbage for teenage while girls who think their music taste is amazing because they're not listening to exclusively top 40s pop.Trash. The entirety of this band doesn't even have 1/4th of the talent in Thom Yorke's fucked up eye.
>>
>>71579352
not well versed on meme indie but i'm 90% sure they already have an EP titled that
>>
>>71579337
I don't think so, they'll let aesthetic triumph over actual substances. Just like their last two albums ironically.
>>
>>71579372
I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. Radiohead were hunched over their instruments. Thom Yorke slowly beat on a grand piano, singing, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to kiss around a big nose. Colin Greenwood tapped patiently on a double bass, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial constellations inside the aluminum cove of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of Florence's Piazza Santa Croce, on the steps of the Santa Croce Cathedral. Michelangelo's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Radiohead's new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months.

The butterscotch lamps along the walls of the tight city square bled upward into the cobalt sky, which seemed as strikingly artificial and perfect as a wizard's cap. The staccato piano chords ascended repeatedly. "Black eyed angels swam at me," Yorke sang like his dying words. "There was nothing to fear, nothing to hide." The trained critical part of me marked the similarity to Coltrane's "Ole." The human part of me wept in awe.

The Italians surrounding me held their breath in communion (save for the drunken few shouting "Criep!"). Suddenly, a rise of whistles and orgasmic cries swept unfittingly through the crowd. The song, "Egyptian Song," was certainly momentous, but wasn't the response more apt for, well, "Creep?" I looked up. I thought it was fireworks. A teardrop of fire shot from space and disappeared behind the church where the syrupy River Arno crawled. Radiohead had the heavens on their side.
>>
File: 1485115704208.jpg (66KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1485115704208.jpg
66KB, 620x670px
>>71579386
>>
>>71579372
the 1975 is good tho
>>71579309
i don't think they can pull it off
but its going to be good at least
>>
>>71579337
i think the lead singer is pretentious and aspires to make pop rock music that seems deeper than it actually it.
Like how you can read essays on ok computer about how thom captured what a neoliberal nightmare the coming 21st century would be.

P4k doesnt really seem to like them so they will probably get a shit score no matter what

The album's lyrics, written by Yorke, are more abstract compared to his personal, emotional lyrics for The Bends. Critic Alex Ross said the lyrics "seemed a mixture of overheard conversations, techno-speak, and fragments of a harsh diary" with "images of riot police at political rallies, anguished lives in tidy suburbs, yuppies freaking out, sympathetic aliens gliding overhead."[41] Recurring themes include transport, technology, insanity, death, modern British life, globalisation and anti-capitalism.[42] Yorke said: "On this album, the outside world became all there was... I'm just taking Polaroids of things around me moving too fast."[43] He told Q: "It was like there's a secret camera in a room and it's watching the character who walks in—a different character for each song. The camera's not quite me. It's neutral, emotionless. But not emotionless at all. In fact, the very opposite."[44]

Yorke was inspired by books including Noam Chomsky's writings,[45] Eric Hobsbawm's The Age of Extremes, Will Hutton's The State We're In, Jonathan Coe's What a Carve Up! and Philip K. Dick's VALIS.[46] Although the songs share common themes, Radiohead did not consider OK Computer a concept album and said they had no intention to link the songs with an underlying narrative;[29][47] Jonny Greenwood said "I think one album title and one computer voice do not make a concept album. That's a bit of a red herring."[48] However, the band intended the album to be heard as a whole, and spent two weeks creating the track list. O'Brien said: "The context of each song is really important... It's not a concept album but there is a continuity there."
>>
Some of the spacier more atmospheric songs on their earlier EP's give me hope these guys could write something fantastic.
>>
>>71579309
They've always been outrageously good pop though, especially their last album
>>
I think these guys are the future so I hope this is true. Although this is album three and that's usually when they lose there momentum.
>>
File: KillMe.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
KillMe.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>the 1975
>Came out in the 2000s
>>
If you're saying "our album needs to be like X and Y" you're already fucked desu. Also
>not Kid A
>>
>>71579309
>The 1975: ‘Our next album needs to be like ‘OK Computer’ or ‘The Queen Is Dead”
you won't get to either of these heights by being a boring indie band. if you really want to be a masterpiece of a generation you have to be a part of the most up and coming genres.
>>
I read some review for their last album that said the singer name dropped the society of the spectacle in one of their songs.

But i feel like he's never actually read anything beyond the wiki article
>>
>>71579473
Their last album was shit though
>>
really what he should have said was that we are going to have our most ambitious album yet.
And then hope that a music critic compares you to the radiohead or the smiths
>>
>>71579537
he always seems like he's trying to sound a lot smarter than he actually is
he's so obnoxious
>>
>>71579551
not true btw
>>71579574
stop being jealous
>>
>>71579585
Go to bed, Matt
>>
>>71579309
I hope so, their 2nd album was actually pretty good
>>
>>71579561
I think the ability of the band's he namedropped to create an engaging third album that caused them to be taken more seriously was more important to the statement than the namedropping itself.

I'm looking forward to them trying, but I also think they might fuck it up. They're a pop band and that's what they're good at. But at the same time, I love seeing normie bands diversify and become more interesting.

In short, keep and open mind ya cunts
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.