[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead is the most overrated band ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: 1439373917577s.jpg (12KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1439373917577s.jpg
12KB, 249x249px
It's seriously not funny to pretend to love Radiohead any more. All their albums are complete utter overrated shit and clearly you faggots only like them because they're "le different."

Kid A is the most pretentious album I've ever listened to and you utter losers think just because the lyrics are so "edgy" and "random" that you must worship this awful pop-rock band.

And most of you hipsters act like you hate mainstream bands yet you idolize one of the biggest pop-rock bands of the last 12 years.

Not to mention their pseudo-experimentalism is childish at best and generally pretentious and awful. What a complete joke.

It's no better than Coldplay, Muse or Foster The People.

Every 15 year old's first pseudo-intellectual favourite band is Radiohead. Sadly, they're not talented and Thom's voice is awful and generally they're boring and plebeian.

Enjoy your Babby's first experimental-pop-rock band, kiddies.

The adults will be over there away from this awful unfunny memeband.
>>
Shit A what?
>>
I see the problem. You accidentally listened to Radiopleb's album Shit A. the actual album you were trying to listen to by a similarly-named band, Radiohead. The album in question is, funnily enough, called Kid A.
>>
I'm with you, guy. Fuck Radiohead. Fuck Radiohead always.
>>
Radiohead is bad, normie try hard garbage.
>>
File: the_wiggles_cast-11808.jpg (20KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
the_wiggles_cast-11808.jpg
20KB, 300x454px
I mean, they're nothing compared to the Wiggles tbqh. Everyone is hyping them up as if they were the next Beatles, but it's clear who the real modern revolutionaries in music are

>hint:pic related
>>
File: squidward.jpg (84KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
squidward.jpg
84KB, 640x636px
>>71572768
>>
I hate radiohead haters far more than I hate radiohead fanboys to be desu with you
>>
>>71572775
Fuck you dude I'm just trying to enjoy my cold spaghetti in peace and you come along and be a little cunt about things.
>>
>Shit A

I kekd. Op is right t b h

Radiohead aint that great outside of a few songs. Plenty of filler, lots of songs that sound the same, some of their early stuff is really bland and overall I find Thoms voice annoying more than I enjoy the instrumental
>>
>>71572717
>>71572732
>>71572746
>>71572768
>>71572842
Never reply to me again.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (40KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
40KB, 267x200px
>>71572887
>>
>>71572887
Sorry dad
>>
>>71572947
see
>>71572775
>>
I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. Radiohead were hunched over their instruments. Thom Yorke slowly beat on a grand piano, singing, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to kiss around a big nose. Colin Greenwood tapped patiently on a double bass, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial constellations inside the aluminum cove of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of Florence's Piazza Santa Croce, on the steps of the Santa Croce Cathedral. Michelangelo's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Radiohead's new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months.

The butterscotch lamps along the walls of the tight city square bled upward into the cobalt sky, which seemed as strikingly artificial and perfect as a wizard's cap. The staccato piano chords ascended repeatedly. "Black eyed angels swam at me," Yorke sang like his dying words. "There was nothing to fear, nothing to hide." The trained critical part of me marked the similarity to Coltrane's "Ole." The human part of me wept in awe.

The Italians surrounding me held their breath in communion (save for the drunken few shouting "Criep!"). Suddenly, a rise of whistles and orgasmic cries swept unfittingly through the crowd. The song, "Egyptian Song," was certainly momentous, but wasn't the response more apt for, well, "Creep?" I looked up. I thought it was fireworks. A teardrop of fire shot from space and disappeared behind the church where the syrupy River Arno crawled. Radiohead had the heavens on their side.
>>
>>71573009
Every time.
literally RYM Disintegration Loops/SOTL tier
>>
Is this a new meme? It could be a good copy pasta I guess
>>
>>71573048

O h b o y
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
13KB, 400x400px
>>71572887
okay
>>
It's seriously not funny to pretend to love Radiohead any more. All their albums are complete utter overrated shit and clearly you faggots only like them because they're "le different."

Kid A is the most pretentious album I've ever listened to and you utter losers think just because the lyrics are so "edgy" and "random" that you must worship this awful pop-rock band.

And most of you hipsters act like you hate mainstream bands yet you idolize one of the biggest pop-rock bands of the last 12 years.

Not to mention their pseudo-experimentalism is childish at best and generally pretentious and awful. What a complete joke.

It's no better than Coldplay, Muse or Foster The People.

Every 15 year old's first pseudo-intellectual favourite band is Radiohead. Sadly, they're not talented and Thom's voice is awful and generally they're boring and plebeian.

Enjoy your Babby's first experimental-pop-rock band, kiddies.

The adults will be over there away from this awful unfunny memeband.
>>
Fucken strewth ae cunt
gotta agree with you
>>
>>71572717
mad
>>
>>71573390
When will patrician-fags shut up about Radiohead?
"oh look at me, I have good taste!"
why don't you taste my dick
>>
>>71572717
this but unironically
>>
Kid A? More like Kid F-
>>
currently listening to OK Computer and there's nothing you can do about it :)
>>
>>71573707
OK Computer? More like Not OK Computer.
>>
>>71573718
hey bud thanks for the reply
have a nice night
>>
>>71573718
more like Below Average Computer
>>
>>71573718
Haha yeah. More like STUPID computer. LOL
>>
File: OK KID.jpg (8KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
OK KID.jpg
8KB, 220x229px
>>71572717
>>
>>71573718
comPOOPer
>>
the most innovative thing radiohead did was have jonny give his h to thom
>>
>>71573790
Kek
>>
>>71572768
this
>>
no, you are wrong
>>
>>71572717
>Shit A

Why didn't you make it Kid F
>>
>>71572717
your're asking for a good kicking
>>
File: 1472265887631.gif (694KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472265887631.gif
694KB, 360x360px
>>71572717
This guy's gone full Bangers & Mash on us
>>
>>71572717
Creep is the only good song they ever did. Not even memeing
>>
WADIOHEAD, WADIES AND GENTWEMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcfI82NQGwQ
>>
>>71572717
look at me in the eye and tell me Nude didn't move you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky1td3_6LY
>>
>>71575018
muzak
>>
>>71572717
Regardless of what you say mate that album is brilliant
>>
>>71574960
watch this gif long enough and you'll chuckle
>>
I completely respect your opinion even if you are 100% wrong :)
>>
>>71575320
nicefags please go and stay go
>>
>>71573390
>Enjoy your babies first experimental pop-rock band kiddies

Yeah will do thanks a bunch pal
>>
>>71572717
Complete agreement from me. Radiohead has always been utter shit.
>>
>>71575342
see
>>71575018
>>
>>71572717
>It's no better than Coldplay
I hope you're just kidding. Coldplay is a good music only for housewife's in their midlife crisis
>>
>>71575372
B-but their youtube films!
>>
>>71575372
what cool demographic with superior music taste are you part of then
>>
>>71572717
>>>/t/umbler
>>
>>71575355
His voice is so plaintive that gives me stomach ache
>>
>>71575428
pretty sure that's the point
>>
>>71575421
Shut up, housewife in her midlife crisis
>>
>>71575467
just asking a simple question hon
>>
>>71575454
pretty sure it's still bad
>>
>/mu/ suddenly hates Radiohead
What the fuck happened????
>>
>>71575516
no i don't

t. /mu/ (one person)
>>
>>71575546

/mu/ may not be one person but sure as hell act like one
>>
Meh. Some is okay. They are massively overrated. I hate all of the bands and singers who blatantly try to emulate Thom Yorke's voice. Reckoner is a beautiful song and OK Computer is a decent album as a whole. Everything else is kind of too long winded and convoluted for me. I guess I just "don't get it." I'm in the minority when I say I also enjoyed Pablo Honey quite a bit. You is one of my favorite songs by them.
>>
>>71572717
>does not like them
>says everyone pretends to like them because his small brain cannot comprehend that people have different opinions than him

Go back to the cave you crawled out of you fucking retard.
>>
>>71572717
>calls Kid A pretentious
>not realizing that what's really pretentious is him thinking his opinion is objective fact
>>
Radiohead is today's Pink Floyd. Floyd got a lot of hate. Johnny Rotten made a name for himself by wearing a t-shirt with "I hate Pink Floyd" on it. Whatever dude...
>>
>>71575939
the correct word to use in that sentence would be "dogmatic" u fucking retard
>>
hid a
>>
>>71572717
whats wrong w/ being pretentious, edgy and random
cmon m8, come at me imma fuck you up fag
>>
was this thread made unironically? if not, op is a faggot that believes in objectivity in music tastes, fucking kill yourself
>>
>>71572717

>Band get recognised for making interesting and relatively unique music that also has pop sensibility.
>Band is popular.
>Band is shit, plebeian, pretentious, pseudo-intellectual garbage because I say so.

nice b8m8
>>
>>71572726
/thread/
>>
>>71572717
why does this thread have any fucking replies seriously this is the cancer killing /mu/
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.