[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend some albums or songs for another one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

Can anyone recommend some albums or songs for another one of those nights where every single person you try to talk to, even the people closest to you, aren't really even listening to you and everyone seems to running on some sort of nervous hyper-energy coupled with the desire to share empty words with as many people as possible and the whole thing is very tiring?
>>
Album - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? By of Montreal
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIlEM0US71Q&t=1793s

sorry you feel that way anon
>>
Below the House - Planning for Burial
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHnuj2YAC4

Does not make much sense if you don't understand french
>>
>>71571952
I don't really like these guys, but thanks for listening.

>>71571994
I like this album. Thanks.
I'm frustrated and sad and wonder how much of anything is even real. A whole night of all my friends and other people and everyone is just feeding off of everyone else's nervous energy with their feet tapping and legs pumping up and down like they did too much coke and no one is really even listening to anyone and all I really want is to just get out a complete sentence without being interrupted again.
>>
>>71572038
This is nice. Thanks.

Everyone was acting almost like they were robots. Uninteresting in anything that went beyond a surface level idea or emotion that was easily and immediately responded to with a completely emotionless comment cobbled together from quickly remembered pieces of information from a comment generator.
>>
>>71572169
that sucks, i know the situation you're describing, what would you have communicated to them or what would you want to talk about if they were sincerely listening?
>>
>>71571925
>>71572169
>>71572287
Were you at a party with druggies or something? Sounds bad man and also creepy, never experienced that though I'm not around people that much.
>>
>>71572287

Just dropped. Solid discography (especially the album Leaving), very similar to Jesu if you want more.

Don't want to take too much liberty on analyzing your situation, because I totally just get venting rather than getting feedback, but in the past when I've hit that level of cyniscm or detachment, it's been more of an indicator on my own depression levels. Me personally, I'm motivated by progress, so if I'm not moving I'm just growing more sour.

Keep your head up, anon.
>>
>>71571925
I know this feel all to well man, before i departed from my highschool friend group every outing with them i was in a constant state of this. I rec the transmission flux ep by duster or some satie
>>
>>71572317
>>71572331

No drugs. We were at a bar so everyone was drinking.
You know that thing that some people where they pump one leg up and down and sort of tap the back of their foot and it's loaded with nervous energy? There was a lot of that. And people talking over each other and interrupting each other and everything was just so overwhelming.
Any attempt at having a real conversation was met with that sort of "you just need to loosen up and have fun and PARTY brush-off" comment to change the conversation. I didn't even really need for the conversation to be deep (although I wouldn't mind it), I just wanted it to be a icoversation where the other person was listening. I got a ton of shit weighing on my mind, but I would have settled for any real conversation.
>>
>>71572380
Yeah. I hear you. I'm feeing depressed and frustrated, but I am really actively trying very hard to not be cynical. It's just hard when none of the people who are close to you want to listen. It's absurd to the point of almost being funny.
You know how when one of your friends is going on enthusiastically about how great something someone said is, when you literally said the exact same thing a few minutes ago... only when you said it all you got was a blank stare and a "anyways..."
I got a good grip. Tonight was just a rough night and I need to vent a little.
>>
>>71572317
>what would you have communicated to them or what would you want to talk about if they were sincerely listening?>

I've got some fairly serious stuff going on about my physical health. It has limited my ability to do many things, but no one seems to be able to to accomodate this... even though they tell me they do.
>>
OP here.
This song is one of my favorites for times like these...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JEtebRhBEzg
>>
Awaken My Love Album by Childish Gambino
>>
File: tmp_2359-IMG_5958-1-1230986375.jpg (16KB, 205x258px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2359-IMG_5958-1-1230986375.jpg
16KB, 205x258px
>>71572462
It's weird, isn't it?
Makes me feel disassociated... detached. Like I am obaerving a situation instead of participating in it.
>>
>>71572779
Yeah as time went on i began feeling more and more like an object of the room instead of a friend to these people. Every conversation felt like it had an abrupt ending, and that the other person had been seeking an out since it started. No one really talked to eachother at all, for the most part it was just people asking eachother what they had taken and how fucked up they were. There was no collective energy anymore only singular
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Alright, guess that's it.
Thanks to everyone who talked to me and posted recommendations.

Here's another one of my favorite OMD songs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKjNHZd3jg
>>
>>71572921
Yep. That's the stuff.
Ugly grainy smiles on the faces of these tiny warm spheres, floating around in a slurry and giving way to the quickest path by which to stay just warm enough so as not to freeze.
>>
>>71573031
As soon as i stopped hanging around i hit my lowest point,got really depressed, abused a shit mix of substances, started wondering whether it was them or me that caused the fall out. I still think about them every now and then but hardly ever see good times when i do. Make a change anon, things are always better with a new stride
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.