[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of the Beatles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: beatles..jpg (35KB, 424x351px) Image search: [Google]
beatles..jpg
35KB, 424x351px
>>
>>71561421
/mu/ hates that they love them.
>>
Literally who?
>>
Personal favorite band
>>
Inoffensive at their best, headache inducing at their worst.
>>
Favorite and most listened band by far

1. White Album
2. Revolver
3. Abbey Road
4. Rubber Soul
5. Magical Mystery Tour
6. Sgt. Pepper
7. Help!
8. Let it Be
9. Beatles for Sale
10. Hard Day's Night
11. Please Please Me
12. With the Beatles
13. Yellow Submarine
>>
Tell me a reason why I should listen to the Beatles?
>>
>>71561847
I don't give a fuck what you listen to. Go feel important somewhere else
>>
>>71561847
Because they influenced your favorite band.
>>
File: no1.png (439KB, 668x961px) Image search: [Google]
no1.png
439KB, 668x961px
>>71561841
>AHDN that low
>with the beatles worse than please please me
>>
>>71561888
album being low =/= it's bad
>>
>>71561888
That list is bait. Or underage. Either way complete bullshit
>>
>>71561421
60s surf rock is better than the Beatles
>>
I've never seen a Beatles thread on here and I'm always afraid to bring them up.
>>
>>71561990
What are you talking about?
There's like 10 threads about the Beatles daily.
>>
THE
>>
>>71561990
how new
>>
Who are these guys /mu/? I have never heard of them
>>
>>71562114
FACT
>>
File: IMG_0440.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.png
2MB, 750x1334px
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: 1488624878523.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488624878523.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
The Beatles are unironically my favorite band and a few of their solo works are some of my favorite albums of all time as well. They're usually all I want to listen to anymore and I wish I could play music so that I could aspire to write music as good as them.
>>
>>71561990
>I'm always afraid to bring them up.
What a fucking pussy. You're posting anonymously on the internet and you care what some of society's most pathetic people have to say about your music taste? I'm not even kidding when I say this board isn't for you, find a new one.
>>
you know...if you break my heart i'll go...but i'll be back again...
>>
I used to get mad at people calling them amazing and would scoff and say they were overrated britbongs but after listening to all their stuff sometime last year I actually like them now. Its like the dark knight movie, its annoying that everyone says its so good, because I hate normies and their normie things, but its actually quite good
>>
>Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.
What did Scaruffi mean by this?
>>
>>71563068
>everyone fucking adores the beatles
>so I will be the person that not only doesn't, but will hate them
>I will be that critic and people will remember me

And we are constantly talking about him for it. Pretty clever Piero.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.