[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no Lorde thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (6KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6KB, 176x176px
lets change that?

here are her two performances from SNL

(liability)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86s_1hpX4Yc

(green light)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHB_ZpbTi30

what did /mu/ think?

excited for new album?
>>
I want to be excited for the new album but she should have waited another month and a half to announce it. Hearing "it's out in june" just kills all hype for me.
>>
>>71560516
idk, its not really that far out. i bet we get atleast one more song plus some low quality leaks
>>
Holy shit she is weird. Looks likes shes on drugs
>>
I liked liability
green light wasn't very good imo
>>
liability single of the year
>>
>>71560516
This. I don't get at all why they'd be releasing stuff so early, unless there was some sort of unique tie-in opportunity (maybe SNL was already pre-booked, but I can't see them not bumping someone else for Lorde.)

>>71560542
Could be, although I can't help but wonder if Lorde/her people are relying too much on past experience to guide them. It's a very different release climate today from her debut. People have shorter attention spans, she isn't some unknown whose early releases can generate buzz that wasn't already there in the first place.
>>
>>71560669
has anyone heard it on the radio? ive heard green light but not liability. i dont think its really single material tho. its a ballad
>>
>>71560516
I don't see the point of the long wait either. The album is more than likely finished at this point. There is no good reason to not release it now. A lead single should be dropped at most couple of weeks at before an albums release. Three months just kinda kills the hype in general. I'm still gonna pick it up as I loved Pure Heroine, but i find the delay pointless and annoying.
>>
shes my wifue
>>
bump. where is the guy that posted 150 pictures of her in my thread yesterday
>>
>>71561938
top laff
>>
>>71561359
ya i wish lorde herself would notice meee tfw
>>
>>71562211
i wouldnt break her heart or leave her crying in a taxi ;_;
>>
>>71560651
Liability is great. It's Lorde being Lorde in an incredibly open and honest way. However it's clearly not pop chart shattering music. Green Light is the most generic-sounding thing I have ever heard Lorde do, and that is definitely NOT a good thing. Imo the great thing Lorde has had going for her (up to now) has been the slightly off-kilter aesthetic she has brought to everything she does.

Lorde's music/lyrics/videos/etc, while hardly the most revolutionary things since sliced bread, had enough personality to them to get her to where she is today (one thing you can't deny about Lorde is that she's got genuine personality. An extremely rare thing in her field.) Imo the worst thing artistically she could do right now is release an album filled with generic sounding pop songs. Which is very much what I'm afraid we're in for given Jack Antonoff's heavy involvement.

Which isn't to say that I think he's objectively bad as producer. Just keep in mind that he currently stands as the only person capable of making Grimes sound generic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0IiGxNntw . Again, not exactly bad per se. Just... not really all that interesting. Imo it's no coincidence that the biggest objective difference between Liability and Green Light is that the former lacks any sort of definable pop production - it's just a girl singing to a piano, which makes the relative lack of inventiveness in the latter's bells and whistles that much more noticeable.

>>71560780
Here's one conspiracy theory for you: Liability and Green Light represent the two extremes in terms of production values of the songs being considered for the album. Could be this is a stealth way of crowd sourcing which way to take things for the final release (there's plenty of time between now and June for some late night track list tweaks...)
>>
>>71563566
i'm a little much for everyone
>>
>>71563566
claire you're the exact opposite of lorde. at least she has the balls to admit she's waking up in a different bed. you're a psychotic narcissist and music critics feel sorry for you, everyone does, i'm starting to identify my obsession for you as sympathy. with lorde there's actually a much greater deal of respect for her, but you're just a pathetic person. you killed yourself with drugs and you think the world owes you something, like you deserve the power to cheat people who actually care about you. if you want to make an artistic impact then kill yourself. at least lorde admits she's been waking up in a different bed, your lyrics wouldn't make any fucking sense even if i could hear them. pitchfork feels fucking sorry for you and they put your album on the fridge to make you feel better. tool is the worst band in the fucking world
>>
>>71562880
she wouldn't leave you in the taxi and actually be proud of it
>>
>>71564798
live in the taxi
>>
>>71564768
Anon, are you okay? Why on earth would me passive-aggressively dissing a song made by a producer-friend of hers that she featured on make you think I'm Grimes?
>>
>>71564982
slut
>>
>>71564768
>>71565143
>>>/favela/
>>
>>71565187
no she's a huge slut, nobody cares whatever you're implying.

do you think lorde should have a cuck boyfriend to make her feel gud about herself? you know, like grimes does
>>
>>71565187
backpedaling
>>
>>71565288
Anon, why are you NOT talking about Lorde? Quite acting like a sperg ITT.
>>
wowee lorde is so goddamn rich and famous

how is she such a shallow person?
>>
>>71565288
Whatever you say, Manuel. Don't you have a last.fm shoutbox to spam?
>>
>>71565376
you're not my friend. i don't know you. i can't use you. don't tell me how to act
>>
did i ever tell yall how cool lorde is? she's cool, but why? i can't even
>>
>>71565396
manuel here. ayy lmao
>>
Whoops! Lol... let's try that again.

So... based on the fact that my carefully worded analysis (seen here >>71563566 ) has apparently triggered some sort of mental breakdown on your part... does this mean you think I'm right?
>>
>>71564768
>>71565143
>>71565288
>>71565403
see
>>71565502
>>
>>71565288
do you think lorde is actually a deviant and lustful slut for having a secret life? or needing to fulfill a lack of companionship? comments below /b/
>>
>>71565502
it means i'm indifferent, considering your reaction. i don't want to talk to you, i just want to inform fake opinions on an open forum
>>
>>71565596
Lol I'll take that as a yes.
>>
>>71565629
who's saying that though?...
>>
>>71565658
Me, as in the person who wrote >>71563566 and >>71565502
>>
>>71565692
yes, it's always about you. shock horror
>>
>>71565717
Anon, you have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>71565749
i can get a fucked in all holes whenever i feel like it
>>
File: lorde.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lorde.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
Liability is good, I'm still not feeling Green Light though. Pure Heroine is a great pop record so I'm optimistic that her new album will be good, unless the rest of the album sounds like Green Light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuY4MSh1V-I
>>
>>71564768
Dude, stop talking shit about Claire. She really doesn't deserve that.
>>
>>71565885
i deserved to talk some shit about you though, i really do
>>
dae bauhaus?
>>
>>71565927
You have issues. Seek help, animejames.
>>
I know the word 'boring' in regard to music is virtually banned on this board but it's the best adjective to Liability. Seriously, this is a cheesy Adele-tier ballad and neither props from Melon nor walls of text shat out by shills/waifufags (>>71563566) will change my mind.
Green Light is quite good but still not something I would notice if I hadn't listened to her debut
>>
>>71566256
guy shut up

you're talking to yourself, and at great length. nice try though
>>
>>71565927
You "deserve" nothing. Go whine somewhere else.
>>
>>71566524
see the posters count and stfu
>>
Recent interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqDI0yi3wg
>>
>>71566256
>this is a cheesy Adele-tier ballad
Anon, just because you don't happen to like ballads doesn't mean this song is a bad ballad.
>>
>>71566549
you are
>>71566618
a nigger
>>
>>71567000
>>71567058
>not being nice to Lorde
>>
>>71567208
whatever you say
>>
I wish Lorde was 30cm taller, she would be the perfect waifu.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.