[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beatles in Mono

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

The Beatles in stereo awful, considering they weren't even in the studio when it was mixed, but everywhere I have found is in stereo. Where would one get the mono versions of these albums?
Especially pic related
>>
>>71552975
*are
Fuck I'm a dumbass
>>
Some record stores carry them in mono.
>>
>>71552975
that's where youre wrong, Martin was just as gifted in his production as the beatles were in songwriting
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_in_Mono
>>
A few years back EMI re-issued all the Beatles albums on C.D. re-mastered in box sets. There was both a stereo and mono box set. They also did a limited edition vinyl box set of both stereo and mono. Do a boodle search. You might be able to find them at Amazon or Discogs.

I also don't agree with you 100% on your statement concerning stereo but I do believe some Beatles albums/songs were better in mono though.
>>
>>71552975
ask your mommy to buy them for you
>>
oh come the fuck on. the stereo mixes aren't that bad. you're only saying that because the stevehoffman forums told you to.
>>
File: 1488733749331.png (103KB, 332x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488733749331.png
103KB, 332x350px
>>71552975

>shit album pic

psh i wouldnt even listen to that in stereo
>>
>>71552975
Everything up to Sgt Peppers should be listened to in mono because that's how it was intended. By the time Magical Mystery Tour came out, stereo was closer to the standard for psych artists. MMT was intended to be listened in Stereo. (Strawberry Fields for instance gets it's "expansive" feeling by switching from mono to stereo early on.)
>>
File: yoko wants more money 2009.jpg (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yoko wants more money 2009.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
i bought the mono boxset when it first came out back in 09 - was a massive beatles fan at the time. I've grown out of that but I still think the packaging for the mono boxset is top notch. Love that they went for the replicate vinyl packaging route, even as far as including all the inserts in CD size. booklet is cool as well.
>>
>>71552975
Most record stores will have the mono vinyl reissues, even Barnes and Noble carries them.
>>
>>71552975
>Where would one get the mono versions of these albums?

Everywhere, did they just reissue the entire discography on mono a couple years ago? Why do people act like it's hard to find a fucking Beatles album.
>>
Stereo is always better than mono. Mono sounds like everything's coming from a tin can and the instruments have no space to breathe.
>>
>>71552975
Honestly what's the difference between mono and stereo. I need an explanation
>>
>>71555469
Go away.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.