[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loveless is better than any Jazz or Classical piece.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1469916475807.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469916475807.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Loveless is better than any Jazz or Classical piece.
>>
I'm a fan of both classical music and Loveless and you hurt me anon
>>
File: Herbie.png (157KB, 427x639px) Image search: [Google]
Herbie.png
157KB, 427x639px
And THAT'S where you're wrong, buckaroo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mSzscIhyg
>>
>>71547870

That's not an unpopular opinion. That's cheap ass bait.
>>
File: hiddenlands.jpg (543KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hiddenlands.jpg
543KB, 1200x1200px
>>71547870
That's not unpopular, that's just retarded, unless of course you have listened to all jazz or classical ever. Probably b8 though, you got me.

Anyhow, I think pic related is better than Ceres And Calypso In The Deep Time, that Apollo 18 is better than Flood, and I don't like the Velvet Underground & Nico.
>>
>>71547953
>>71547916
People love Loveless tho..
>>
>>71547916
This.
Everyone who says they like jazz or classical are only pretending to appear smart.
>>
File: 77b72343.jpg (134KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
77b72343.jpg
134KB, 608x608px
I unironically think this is the pinnacle of human music.
I don't even care that I might be objectively wrong.
>>
I'm convinced Pavement had a better understanding of music theory and we're more talented than literally every post-rock musician and prog-rock band I've heard.
Like, not even close.
>>
>>71547993
>human music

Welcome back to Earth Radio
>>
>>71548021
>had a better understanding of music theory
I'd be interested to see evidence of this. They never struck me as anything other than bland alt. rock.
>>
>>71547870
While my guitar gently weeps makes me almost understand where scaruffi was coming from
>>
>>71548096
Never got the hype for this track either, fairly bland
>>
>>71547993
The third section of Down Colorful Hill (at around 6:30 I think) where the guitars and drums pause for like a second and it goes completely silent then they start playing IS the pinnacle of music.
>>
>>71548102
I know right, it just kind of meanders and ends without going anywhere
>>
>>71548075
Evidence? Listen to their albums. Not saying I don't like post-rock and prog, but the majority of essentials are incredibly simple and last far too long for the actual content and progression included.
>>
>>71548191
>essentials
The post-rock 'essentials' are third wave shit
Try this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=92tzhlLzlFc
>>
>>71548102
>>71548124
I don't know why they removed the backwards guitar on the studio release, that's how I remember it and feel empty every time I hear the plain version
>>
File: 1489214937478.gif (3MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
1489214937478.gif
3MB, 280x358px
>>71547970
>>71547975

Bait as is in; obviously Loveless doesn't top the entirety of classical and jazz music.

Holy shit /mu/
>>
>>71547870
>a pop album is better than any Jazz or Classical piece.
can you get more pleb than this?
>>
Pixies, while okay, are one of the most overrated bands of all time and the vocal fuckery on Something Against You is the only particularly cool thing they've ever done that I can think of.
>>
>>71548276
technically there's no reason that couldn't be the case
a good enough webcomic could be greater than any novella
>>
>>71548191
I've heard Crooked Rain and I don't remember hearing any particularly advanced harmonic or rhythmic ideas or anything to suggest that they knew any more theory than the average indie rock band.
>>
>>71548276
there are a lot of mediocre classical compositions too you know
but I don't think popular music has reached the artistic heights of classical yet
>>
>>71548334
Then I really question you're listening skills. Even Crooked Rain, which was the most pop like album, is musically superior to other alt-rock and indie-rock.
And don't make the assumption that I'm some big Pavement fan or I haven't listened to much music. It's just that I genuinely doubt your average post-rock or prog-rock guitarist could compete (especially post-rock).
>>
>>71548497
Could you link to a specific section in Crooked Rain where you think has the most musical merit?
>>
>>71547993
it's closer to the nadir though
>>
Demon Days is by far the worst Gorillaz album (it's still good though). Plastic Beach is their best.
>>
>>71548497
can you post some examples pls
stop assuming everybody ears is like yours faggot
>>
>>71548608

Demon Days is worse than The Fall?
>>
>>71548497
>Then I really question you're listening skills
That's ok, I really question you are music listening skills too.
I just recall it being messy/haphazardly performed but ultimately simple pop music.
Doesn't seem like you've any intention of explaining how they've made anything that required anything near the musical proficiency that albums like Lark's Tongues in Aspic or Close to the Edge took to make though, so I'm done.
>>
>>71547975
Really hope this doesn't evolve from meme to legit mindset

Jazz and Classical are the only genres in the history of music that are heavily studied and theorized with the intention to be immediately appealing to anybody who hears it

End user Jazz is so plebeian and mainstream
>>
>>71548271
Who cares what you think? Get a life.
>>
>>71548715
>Pop isn't theorized with the intention to be immediately appealing to anybody who hears it
>>
File: 1484085438404.jpg (35KB, 370x274px) Image search: [Google]
1484085438404.jpg
35KB, 370x274px
>>71548897

easy now. maybe an anonymous message board is not the place for you
>>
>>71548908
True it is, and written by some half scientist half psychologist to attract everyone and stick a melody in their heads.

Jazz doesn't do this, much less sinister in that it uses theory that just sounds pleasing and maybe evokes a relaxation in people. You're not trying to be hooked whereas every single note is carefully and purposely placed in top 40.
>>
Thom Yorke's singing is the worst part of A Moon Shaped Pool
>>
>>71549093

It's not his best showing and I do think he delivers the cringiest line of his career on The Numbers (you know the one) but I'd say that goes to the synths on Identikit because that is an active disappointment compared to the 2012 live renditions. So fucking thin sounding, it makes me just a little mad every time I listen to it.
>>
>>71547870
It isn't better than Ascension, Beethoven's 7th Symphony, Brandenburg Concertos or Triadic Memories and i bet you didn't even listened to any of these popular works but whatever.
>>
>>71548715
>Jazz is mainstream
What? Jazz has been commercially dead since its departure from swing. And what exactly is end user jazz?
>>
>>71549201
>you know the one
I actually don't, which line are you talking about?
>>
>>71549390
commercially maybe but it's played in millions of buildings on the planet at any one time

end user jazz is a terrible joke meaning, however true, the most skilled musicians in music know how to resonate with people even when improvising
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.