[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: head.jpg (13KB, 416x214px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
13KB, 416x214px
I currently have a pair of ATH-M50x that I want to upgrade. I've been thinking of trying out open headphones. Does anyone have any good recommendations in the $300-$500 range? I want to get the best out of my FLACs :)

Also amp/DAC suggestions would be nice
>>
Well, what do you want out of the headphones?
>>
>>71544840
over the ear style and good sound quality. i'll only be using them at home so they don't have to be super durable or anything. idk if open headphones are suitable for an apartment though (i listen to music really loud since i was born with a lower hearing level)
>>
File: 600.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>71544785
I recently upgraded to a pair of Sennheiser HD600's and a Schiit Full 2 Amp/DAC. Im very happy with the quality of this setup for the price.

Cost me about $425 after tax + Shipping

I almost purchased the Beyerdynamics DT990, but I decided against them because people say they "color" the sound too much.
>>
>>71544882
As long as you don't have super loud neighbors open headphones shouldn't be a problem. Sound leaks out for sure, but you cant usually hear it if you're in a different room or something
>>
>>71544785
If you want accurate and detailed headphones that don't lack in any department, get Sennheiser HD600 and then like a Schiit stack (Magni 2 / Modi 2). If you're using speakers, you might want to look at the Uber options for those, which will run you an extra $50 each. This setup is like $500, because they're so high impedance you really need a decent amp.

If you want warm and fun headphones, get the Philips Fidelio X2's. I love the bass on them (since they're planars), and the treble doesn't kill your ears either. They're not that high impedance, so you should be fine with a FiiO E10k. That's about a $300-350 setup.

If you want airy headphones with a great sound stage and tight and (imo a little lackluster) bass, go with the ATH AD900x's, also amp them with the FiiO E10k. That's like a $200-$250 setup right there. They're great I use them for gaming, I have a modmic hooked up to them

All of these are great options, and it gives you a range of prices.
>>
>>71544987
Also like >>71544925 said the Fulla 2 should suffice, but you'd get the most out of a Magni 2 / Modi 2 combo.
>>
The first headphones i actually put thought into buying were the audio technica ath-m40x's 2 years ago, and now iv'e had pic related for about a year.I want a new decent pair of closed heaphones between about $130- $200, what should i go with?
>>
>>71546342
Consider hd sennheiser 25 if u want them on the go. Replace the cable with cheap ebay replacement - stock cable is stiff & microphonuc. Ath m50 are good sounding but i found them very uncomfortable after just 30min - hd 25 i with velour pads i can wear for hours. Sound is comparable - hd 25 maybe slightly less treble & more bass. Also hd25 very durable - replacable components (albeit expensive parts) and superb isolation. 90% of djs use these.

Beyer dt770 might be another option - getlow ohm if u dont amp them.

Shure srh840 are prolly ok but look uncomfortable.
>>
>>71544785
Stop using flac - this is so 2010
>>
>>71544785
Save up a tad more and get the hd700. Hifi - good value & very nice looking. If ur willing to pay 500 for headphones only you can pick and choose between the highest end models from the respected companies. Beyer t90, the expensive grados, hifiman, ultrasone & Denon. I would prioritize sound quality just as importantly: comfort & durability.

I wouldnt spend more than half of what u pay for phones on the amp.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.