[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mollusk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: MI0001728437.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001728437.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Even for avant-silliness, it's just not as great as I always imagined it.
Happy-people-pill me on it, /mu/?
>>
It's not as good as pure guava or the pod

Mollusk is the poseur Ween album
>>
>>71544757
Listen to Quebec, it's much more consistent IMO
>>
>>71544801
>Mollusk is the poseur Ween album
This is true to an extent but it's still a great album.
>>
>>71544757
You went in expecting something and that is probably why. Never go into an album expecting anything. Anyway, it's just mostly silly music that doesn't take itself too seriously, with a few emotional tracks mixed in. It's mostly overhyped, because it's the entry point for becoming a ween fan, and ween fans are rabid about ween. Anyway, listen to that a few more times, get to know the album, and listen to white pepper and chocolate and cheese, and if you don't like them, maybe ween just isn't for you. The mollusk's outro, after she wanted to leave made me cum buckets, though.
>>
>>71544869
Probably right. Just need to beat myself with it enough to get it. The thing is, I love music that doesn't take itself seriously (as a tactic to get their very serious messages across), and this just doesn't seem in the same camp. It's almost amateurish even for that.
>>
This fucking "silly" ween meme is so dumb dude. I mean yes, they have some funny songs and there's like 3 on here but the rest is pretty awesome and psychedelic. I love this album, this The Mollusk is overrated meme by hipsters is so dumb. This album and it's nautical theme, artwork, story and songs are 10/10. Quebec is a close second. Pure Guava, Chocolate and Cheese and white Pepper are up there too for best ween albums without a doubt.
>>
>>71544923
They don't have any serious messages, though. They're just in it for the keks and that's why a lot of people like them. They don't pay too much attention to making a meaningful, complicated, or difficult song. They are just musicians because they think its fun to play music. See their earlier albums for examples. But yeah. None of it is serious or meant to be taken seriously. Its just for fun.
>>
>>71545031

Shut up, you're such a fucking retard. Not all of it isn't serious. Tell me how any of these songs are not serious: Alcan Road, Among His Tribe, I Don't Want It, Its Gonna Be Alright, Sarah and others. Yes they have a lot of silly music but a lot of it is serious too. Stop being a troll or just dumb. Big ween fan here, you're a retard.
>>
>>71545031

this guy>>71545073
wasn't me

that being said, i do agree. the whole point of silliness, as a rule, is to offset the seriousness that is probably omnipresent. all you have to do is look at the guys to know there's some VERY serious fucked up mental shit going on. and i love that, it's life.
>>
>>71545073
You're right, they do have some serious songs, especially on quebec, but there's never any deep underlying political message they are trying to get across. Quebec was really serious because Gener was going through a divorce, and he was pretty angry about that. Outside of Quebec, though, serious songs are pretty scarce. There are only a few per album. Most of their songs are just meant to be songs that they can have fun playing.
>>
ween are a terrible band
>>
>>71545259
You're a terrible man.
>>
>>71545226
i think i needed to include a disclaimer. thanks, tho
>>
>>71544757
only about half the tracks are meant to be silly and about none of it is meant to be "avant" wtf man
i mean come on listen to the title track on its own, it's one of the most amazing folk pop (or whatever genre it is) tunes ever, or Cold Blows the Wind, it's a sad love song
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.