[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to Soulseek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: slsk.png (905B, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
slsk.png
905B, 256x256px
And I have a couple pleb questions:

1. How many albums are you guys downloading (or waiting to download) at one time (from different users)? Like just a few or a ton?

2. For non-free transfers, when you're put in a queue and are in the 4000th place, how long does it take to start downloading? Days, weeks, months?

>>
>>71541242
>1. How many albums are you guys downloading (or waiting to download) at one time (from different users)? Like just a few or a ton?
Usually just a few but sometimes I have 5 or 6

>2. For non-free transfers, when you're put in a queue and are in the 4000th place, how long does it take to start downloading? Days, weeks, months?
Days maybe, depends how often the person is online and how fast their speed is
>>
>>71541242
>1. How many albums are you guys downloading (or waiting to download) at one time (from different users)? Like just a few or a ton?
depends. Usually just one ore two albums I get recced, sometimes an artists discography I'm interested in. More often than not from multiple sources, so I don't have to wait for each album to finish downloading before the others start

>2. For non-free transfers, when you're put in a queue and are in the 4000th place, how long does it take to start downloading? Days, weeks, months?
If it's something other people have than download from someone else, otherwise it just depends on their upload speed, your place etc.
>>
>>71541305
>>71541333
thanks pals
>>
>2017
>still using soulseek

jesus christ
>>
>>71542042
what do you suggest? i don't feel like dealing with private trackers and signups and i need flacs so i just use rutracker and soulseek and they work fine
>>
>>71542042
>namefag with awful opinion
woah, stop the presses
>>
>>71542069
mostly use the archive or .blogspot websites. then again i only use 320
>>
>>71541242

1. No more than 2 at a time.
2. I don't go for shit like that. Usually good quality downloads don't have huge queues.
>>
>>71542100
I have tried using the blogspot method but 9/10 times the album has been deleted from the file hoster
>>
>>71542042
omfg u fkn trigger'd me how can u be such asshole
>>
>>71542042
soulseek is much more reliable than having to scavenge around for stuff in archives. 3 clicks or less and you have the album you're looking for 95% of the time
>>
>>71541242
1. The most I've ever downloaded at one time from the same user is like 12. I was starting to switch my library over to flac and I found someone with a bunch of flac so I just loaded up. I asked the user first to be sure they were okay with me making a huge que though. Normally I do 2-6 albums at a time. Not usually from the same person. It's nice to ask the user if they're fine with you hogging their bandwidth for a little bit with a large que.

2. Everytime I'm out in a que I look for a different download.nkt worth the wait. Only once have I waited in a que and it was because no one else had what I wanted. Probably took a day or two.
>>
>>71541242
1. only ever download one after another, maybe two if I feel like it.

2. can't handle queues man, i look for an album because i want to hear it at that moment, if i have to wait then fuck that i'll look for a different download
>>
>>71541242
I only download like 1-2 albums at a time that are harder to find

I use Rutracker for larger discographies
>>
>>71543057
Also I never got album in a queue, most stuff I downloaded instantly
>>
>>71542100
Slsk is so much faster, thrust worthy and complete than random blogs. Private trackers are better but i agree with the other anon in saying that I don't want to deal with the requirements of those.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.