[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: R-2294817-1390448918-2122.jpeg.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-2294817-1390448918-2122.jpeg.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
Really loving this album and other big beat albums, like Jilted by The Prodigy and Long Way by Fatboy Slim. What are some other albums similar to these?
>>
>>71537687
Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll
Junkie XL - Saturday Teenage Kick
The Crystal Method - Vegas
Basement Jaxx - Remedy
Lo-Fidelity Allstars - How to Operate with a Blown Mind
Lunatic Calm - Metropol
Death in Vegas - The Contino Sessions
Meat Beat Manifesto - Subliminal Sandwich
>>
>>71537820
hey thanks man. i've heard basement jaxx already and think it's pretty good, as well as rooty. and i've seen crystal method around and need to check that out. the rest are new to me though so i'll def give them a go. thanks m8!
>>
is there such a thing as 'small beat'?
>>
>>71537933
The Avalanches were influenced by big beat and took it through a more laidback tone so I guess that could be it
>>
I preffer Surrender, from Prodigy Fat of the land, Fatboy Im 1#.
Nothing to do with this genre but try listen Cross from Injustice.
>>
>>71537912
You're welcome. BTW I recommend you these albums which are technically not big beat, but have big drums:
Leftfield - Leftism
Fluke - Risotto
FSOL - Dead Cities
Dreadzone - Sound
Underworld - Everything, Everything
Orbital - The Middle of Nowhere
Daft Punk - Homework
Vitalic - OK Cowboy
>>
>>71538047
Yeah I've got Surrender downloaded so I'll give that a listen. I love Fat of the Land, but I prefer Jilted slightly with its longer more progressive tracks. And by Im #1 I'm guessing you mean You've Come a Long Way, Baby?
I've heard Cross too and like it, but it's not quite as hard as the big beat albums. It has less drums and more house elements, which I quite like but not as much as emphasis on drums or the beat.
>>
>>71538161
Damn man really appreciate this! I've got Leftism downloaded already after hearing the Trainspotting soundtrack, and I think it will be great. Also have other albums by some of those artists downloaded (Second Toughest, Lifeforms, In Sides, Alive 2007) but I'll check out your albums too after those, as well as the other artists.
I think Lifeforms and In Sides are less 'hardcore', as I downloaded them after looking into albums like SAW85-92 and The Orb's Adventures, but I didn't even know FSOL and Orbital had a more big beat side. Pretty excited desu and loving all this new stuff. Seriously thanks again man!
>>
>>71538293
That's cool.

>but I didn't even know FSOL and Orbital had a more big beat side.
They have some powerful pieces. e.g.
Orbital: Beelzebeat (amazing!), The Saint, Satan, Technologique Park, The Gun Is Good, Way Out, Impact (The Earth Is Burning), Remind, Know Where to Run, Style, Nothing Left, Tootled, Pants, You Lot, Walk Now,.......

FSOL: We Have Explosive, Herd Killing, Expander, Moscow, Calcium, Papua New Guinea, Dead Cities, Stakker Humanoid, My Kingdom, Liquid Insects,.......
>>
>>71538293
Some other albums that may interest you (not big beat):
Biosphere - Microgravity & Patashnik & Substrata
Faithless - Reverence & Sunday 8pm
System 7 - Power of Seven
Brian Eno - Nerve Net
Cabaret Voltaire - International Language
Syntax - Meccano Mind
F.U.S.E. - Dimension Intrusion
Ultramarine - Every Man and Woman Is a Star
Speedy J - G-Spot & Ginger
Ott - Blumenkraft & Skylon
Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible & Nothing Lasts... and Nothing Is Lost
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour & In Silico
Planet Funk - Non Zero Sumness & The Illogical Consequence
The KLF - Chill Out & The White Room
Global Communication - 76:14 & Pentamerous Metamorphosis
Reload - A Collection of Short Stories
Spooky - Gargantuan

Happy listening!
>>
>>71538448
Wow I just checked out Beelzebeat and that really was amazing. Will definitely check them out some more, as well as FSOL, with those tracks!
>>71538564
Thank you!!
>>
>>71538564
Ah I see what you did too these are recs more for SAW and Orb's Adventures. Yeah these aren't big beat haha but this is exactly what I've been wanting to find too. I seriously love SAW, and been getting really into Orb, so this is just perfect. 76:14 I've heard and love as well, and I've got Are You Shpongled downloaded too, but I'll definitely check out the rest of these. Big beat and I guess ambient techno/house you could define it as(?) are probably my favourites genres, so this post has made me really happy haha. Thank you dude.
>>
>>71538791
>>71538872
Beelzebeat is really great and so underrated. Yes, the latter batch of albums were more on the chill side.

>Big beat and I guess ambient techno/house you could define it as(?) are probably my favourites genres, so this post has made me really happy haha.
Basically you should focus on '90s electronic music. There's also stuff like:

Plaid - Not For Threes, Rest Proof Clockwork, Double Figure
The Black Dog - Bytes
808 State - Utd. State & Ex:el
The Shamen - En-Tact, Boss Drum, Hempton Manor
Young American Primitive - Young American Primitive
Paul van Dyk - Out There and Back & Seven Ways
William Orbit - Strange Cargo series
Moby - Moby & Play & Everything Is Wrong
Wamdue Project - Program Yourself
UNKLE - Psyence Fiction
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Bjork - Debut, Post, Homogenic
Thievery Corporation - Sounds From the Thievery Hi-Fi
The Sabres of Paradise - Haunted Dancehall & Sabresonic II
The Grid - 456 & Evolver
Sven Vath - Accident in Paradise
Sun Electric - Kitchen & Present
Renegade Soundwave - Soundclash
Sasha & John Digweed - Northern Exposure - the best mix ever
Adam F - Colours
Goldie - Timeless

Enough for today.
>>
File: cover.jpg (41KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
41KB, 500x497px
>>71539159
Forgot about Ken Ishii - Jelly Tones.
>>
>>71537687
You listened to Exit Planet Dust yet?
>>
>>71539207
Not the OP but that's a good question. EPD could be The Chemical Brothers' best album.
>>
>>71539159
>>71539188
I seriously love you man. I'll be coming back to this thread constantly to check out every one of these albums. Could not have asked for more. Thank you so much!!
>>71539207
>>71539228
I've heard and quite like EPD, though not quite as much as DYOH. The vocals can be a bit off at times, and some tracks are a bit weak (Fuck Up Beats, Chemical Beats imo). Still a great album though.
>>
>>71539596
I'm glad to help.
>>
>>71537820
Seconding Propellerheads. Gonna have to give these other albums a listen sometime.
>>
>>71539596
>I'll be coming back to this thread constantly to check out every one of these albums.
BTW you better save those lists somewhere (e.g. copy paste them in a TXT file). This thread will disappear after a while. Or you could rely on the archive.
>>
>>71540721
Got Propellerheads downloaded now. Will give it a spin soon. Nice to see those lists are helping other people too.
>>71540728
Yeah I was gonna rely on the archive, but I might as well put it in a .txt file too. Don't want to lose this at all haha.
>>
>>71537687
There is no more good big beat. Start listening to other genre. Believe me. Wasted my time long time ago when I was obsessed with the prodigy and chemical bros
>>
>>71541854
:( That doesn't sound great. It does seem like The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers are probably the 'best' in the genre, so I'm not sure they can be matched either. Jilted and DYOH are also some of my favourite albums, so I doubt many albums will meet the standard. But the genre still has albums to offer, and I'll check out those twos' other albums, as well as the other popular big beat (Crystal Method, Groove Armada, Propellerheads, Fatboy Slim). It's such a shame the genre more or less died out in the 90s though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.