[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easily the best Ween album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Quebec_(Front_Cover).png (110KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Quebec_(Front_Cover).png
110KB, 220x220px
Their most cohesive and mature record to date. I love it.

God-tier songs: Tried & True, Zoloft, Transdermal Celebration, Among His Tribe, Happy Colored Marbles, The Fucked Jam, Alcan Road
>>
Yep.

I love The Mollusk and Chocolate and Cheese too but this is ahead of both. I'd rank 'em:

Quebec > Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > White Pepper > Pure Guava > The Pod > GodWeenSatan > 12GCC > La Cucaracha
>>
>>71534155
I disagree.
>>
>>71534155
>liking meme bands
>>
the pod is their best album though
>>
after all it is the best province
>>
ween fucking suck
>>
File: 1485301741424.jpg (19KB, 480x547px) Image search: [Google]
1485301741424.jpg
19KB, 480x547px
>>71534173
>The Pod and GWS that low
>>
Sorry, but I can't really take "mature" ween that seriously, maybe it'll grow on me but I can only really digest their earlier work
>>
>>71534155
Mature, yes. Cohesive, no.

The Mollusk is objectively their most cohesive. Hell, even The Pod is more cohesive than Quebec. Even 12 GCG is more cohesive.
>>
>>71536945

Yeah, The Pod is that album that comes once in the lifetime of a band, when they are just firing perfectly on all creative cylinders.

Quebec is extremely underrated, though.

I'd have to go with:

The Pod > Pure Guava > Quebec > The Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > GodWeenSatan > White Pepper > 12GCC > La Cucaracha

If we count Z-Rock Hawaii as a Ween album I'd put it somewhere between the Mollusk and Chocolate and Cheese.
>>
>>71539142
Quebec is overrated. Half the people on here rank it as their top album.
>>
>>71534173
>>71539142

At least we can all agree that La Cucaracha is their worst showing. You can really tell it was made during the height of the problems that led to their breakup.

I saw them last summer and they seem to be working well. While I'm interested in seeing what new stuff they can do, I'm extremely skeptical now that Gene is sober.
>>
>>71539164
Really?

Most Ween fans I talk to have it barely above White Pepper and 12GCC. Glad to see it's finally getting some love.
>>
shinola is the most underrated. transitions might be their best song.
>>
>>71534155
It's Gonna Be A Long Night where?
>>71539223
La Cucaracha was disappointing but at least we got Object out of it
>>
>>71539223
They probably aren't going to write songs anymore. I'd be surprised to see a new real ween album. It'll probably just be live albums and shinolas and things like that from now on.
>>
>>71539252

I love Shinola, but I don't count it when ranking because I always saw it as more of a B-sides compilation than an actual album.

If we're counting absolutely everything, I'd definitely add Shinola, Total Request Live, and Live in Chicago towards the top.
>>
>>71534155
I picked this up in a whim the other day at my record shop, super glad I did. I did not expect the album to be this great, total surprise. I have heard Mollusk get praised to death, but I don't get how anyone can think it's better than this, other than the fact that it has a more cohesive sound design. Mollusk has some absolutely killer tracks and is fantastic, but Quebec just inches ahead
>>
>>71539270

Honestly, I'd rather see that than a half-hearted effort at a new album when the magic is gone.
>>
>>71539276
Yeah. The live albums are great. My favorite is Stubbs, because the version of lmlyp is just great.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.