[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Cover Art.jpg (116KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cover Art.jpg
116KB, 1024x1024px
Why does everyone on this board hate DEATH GRIPS. I love exmilitary (goodd workout music) and I dont fet all the hate. Is it cuz fantano likes them and u all wanna try hard to be different?
>>
>>71533369
because it's a shit band with the only one remotely good album which is notm
>>
Limp Bizkit for millennials
>>
>>71533389
I'd at least say Slipknot or Korn tier, but yeah DG is basically the new nu-metal
>>
They're not for everyone, and they get posted a lot around here.
>>
I love DG, but I intentionally keep them out of my chart and stuff because I don't want people to think that I'm a dingus

Same goes for NMH
>>
>>71533369

Because their best shit has been out about half a decade now and people are pissed they're kinda one trick pony in addition to always being posted and re-posted much like grimesfags

Plus the Melonhead hate, he loves 'em.
>>
>>71533526
>>71533389
>falling for the DG is nu metal meme
>>
>>71533526
>nu-metal
frick yea. listen to xxyyxx idm my dood
>>
>>71534396
when someone says "X is the new Y" they don't exactly mean "X is Y"
>>
Oversaturation. Discussed to death. Haven't made anything good in awhile. Newfags post the album without stimulating discussion.
>>
I like 2 songs mostly for the instrumentals though. I find a lot of their stuff to be obnoxious and pretentious. And too loud. Basically punk for tweens with le rapper you cant even understand. Overrated hipster shit. Pass.
>>
>>71534429
Well then, go ahead and tell me why they're like nu metal without referring to characteristics of nu metal.
>>
>>71534487
>Well then, go ahead and tell me why they're like nu metal without telling me why they're like nu-metal

deathgripfag everyone

outside of that it's obvious that they've come extremely close to the same appeal nu-metal bands had
>>
>>71534522
they've come to it competely
>>
>>71534522
Let's see:
>petty enough to ingore subtlety just because it wasn't worded that well
>ad hominem
>no actual argument
>>
Insane Clown Posse for nu males
>>
>>71534522

Where's the big deal with the Nu-Metal label

I fuck with Linkin Park, does MSI count too? I fuck with them too.
>>
>>71533369
Backlash. A few years ago Death Grips was the biggest thing on /mu/ by a mile. When something new gets popular on here there's always directly correlated to how popular it has become on /mu/. This is always the case and always will be the case until this site dies.
>>
>>71534705
maybe /mu/ was entirely underage a few years ago and now noone wants to listen to juvenile nu male shit like death grips
>>
>>71534748
But it's happened with everything. Look at MPP for example, when that album came out everyone was losing their shit, now if you start a thread about it nearly everyone rates it middle of the pack in AnCo's discography. Also, people like you have used nu-male so often and in so many different contexts that the world is virtually meaningless at this point, very much like "cuck".
>>
>>71533369
does /mu/ really hate them though? i see so many DG threads every day on here that it seems like they're as popular as ever.
>>
>>71534569
>>no actual argument
but you asked me to do it the way i can write only one argument you dumb idiot: >>71534487

it's obvious that death grips is just synth based nu-metal (not even that synth based on the latest two albums):
same dumb edgy lyrics
same edgyness of the production
same appeal to teenagers and to people in their early twenties

the only difference is that dg had Zach Hill, which was known as one of the best drummers out there since Hella, he and his reputation are the only reason Death Grips got that hyped and acclaimed on the beginning
>>
>>71534802
Look at the way the OP was written and tell me it isn't an ironic shitposter. Point being, don't mistake memeing for fandom.
>>
>>71534865
>don't mistake memeing for fandom
true, but the memeing gets it just as much exposure as legit fandom,if not more. and DG isn't universally reviled
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.