[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually listen to mumble rap unironically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Lil_Yachty_cropped.jpg (825KB, 1745x2044px)
Lil_Yachty_cropped.jpg
825KB, 1745x2044px
Is this all some big joke or do people actually like Yachty, Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, etc? I really don't get it.
>>
i put on ignorant shit like this at the gym, but that's about it. it'll be interesting to see what hip hop sounds like in 5 years based on what these kids are doing.
>>
i bet you listen to hopsin you backpacking faggot
>>
Black equivalent of Ed Sheeran

You can't call it shit though, you get called racist
>>
>>71519874
I don't like Hopsin either, but I get the appeal of him. He appeals to edgy kids who feel like they know better than everyone else. Plus he actually has some technical ability, unlike mumble rappers.
>>
>>71519870
Probably back to more serious rap since meme rap is starting to be less experimental and more mainstream.

It's been the same since 2009-2011 when Lil B created most of the famous recent rappers
>>
It's brainless, like watching an action movie
Just cause it's simple doesn't mean it's bad
>>
Yeah I like some of it unironically, but only some of Yachty's stuff out of the 3 you mentioned.

Like listen to "Minnesota" it's fucking great
>>
>>71519883
Lil Yachty is more self aware and heartfelt than Ed Sheeran
>>
>>71519918
i dunno, i think there will always be a niche for dumb party rap. 2 chains, lil john, ludacris. i'm more interested in what the production will sound like.

maybe you're right though. everyone is pretending to be "woke" right now, so maybe "conscious" hip hop will return in a big way. it just won't sound like mos def.
>>
do you guys ever stop thinking about everything and just enjoy what you listen to? thats mumble rap for you
>>
>>71519843
it's fun music just like any other pop
>>
>>71519965
same utter dogshit fucking bollocks music ear cancer, different skin colours
>>
>>71519939
I listened to Minnesota and I didn't like it. It was kinda amusing in a "so bad it's good" way, but not something I would listen to again. Might just not be my thing.
>>
>>71519993
Yeah different taste I guess.

This one is pretty good as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQTBf6ARLA
>>
>>71519985
just turn your brain off
>>
>>71520101
this song is good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0h3tcJcqQ
>>
File: Hack.png (794KB, 625x476px)
Hack.png
794KB, 625x476px
I have no problem with the actual rapping, I just hate the beats.

Someone please explain the appeal of trap beats to me.
>>
>>71520179
i like the minimalistic quality of a lot of trap beats. there's a lot of breathing room in a lot of that type of production.
>>
>>71520179
they sound hard
>>
>>71519843
I kind of grew out of it in recent months
>>
>>71519843
I like boat's personality, not his music

but Lil Poozi and 21 are absolute fire ngl
>>
>>71519843
Its EDM with rapping/mumbling, no better than Deadmau5, Skrillex or DJ Bl3nd

Fuck. Off.
>>
Lil Yachty is very intelligible, idk why he gets called "mumble rap"
>>
>>71520762
he's basically the flaming lips of rap
>>
Someone explain how 21 Savage "spits". All my friends say he is a good rapper but he just sounds lazy af to me.
>>
>>71519843
Most people don't listen to mumble rap for the rapper himself, its mostly for the beat.
>>
>>71519843
Lil Boat is actually a decent project, Lil Uzi is a good party rapper, dont really get the appeal of 21 savage
>>
Ok. the point of mumble rap isn't the lyrics. It is creating a certain mood for a room and the hooks to sing a long to. Mumble rap is mood music.
>>
>>71519918
>Lil B Yung Lean Death Grips etc. first came out 5 years ago

holy
fucking
shit
I've wasted my life

Mumble rap is good to drink to but I wouldn't listen to it otherwise.
>>
yea
>>
>>71519843

I was watching over/under with him and I got Tyler the Creator vibes. That other kid he was with reminded me of Earl and I bet he's going to be putting out a well-received project over the next 5 years.
>>
>>71523387
The other kid's name was The Good Perry.

>>71522260
You just gotta stay with it. There's an entirely new flock of kids coming up, some are better than others for sure. I was surprised that Chance the Rapper had a fanbase, I just thought he released "Acid Rap" and those Kit Kat commercials.
>>
>>71522260
>Mumble rap is good to drink to but I wouldn't listen to it otherwise
It's good when you don't actively listen to it.
So you don't actually have any good excuses to listen to it or praise it.
>>
>>71519843
The overglorified pop music of our time, not gonna lie.

Jeffery is my guilty pleasure though.
>>
File: 1430552832429.jpg (81KB, 530x530px)
1430552832429.jpg
81KB, 530x530px
>tfw I used to defend Lil Wayne but find myself years later not understanding the appeal of these new rappers

Is it time that finally have gotten me?

Lil Wayne was one mumbling tard after 2008 but he had some decent mixtapes and albums before that. But these new guys, I don't fucking know anymore.
>>
>>71520905
auto tune i guess
>>
>>71519843
it's not bad honestly
>>
>>71524322
yeah it's not bad, it's fucking horrible
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.