[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so this is actually shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>The hype preceding its release did not help Blonde (2016), overcome the fundamental mediocrity of the lo-fi songs, as if they were merely reworked leftovers. The album can matter only to those who care about his autobiographical lyrics. All in all, the 45-minute video, Endless, that preceded it might be more interesting.

>5/10
>>
actually that album there anon is a 10/10
>>
>>71516603
you're just a normalfag who cares about celebrities too much
>>
Not a fan of Ocean.
I enjoyed it when it first came out. Ultimately it's pretty forgettable.
7/10
>>
>>71516612
nah, i though channel orange was nice enough but didnt really get why people went crazy over it
ignored all the hype when frank disappeared and just assumed that whatever he came back with would be meh
then i listened to blonde the night it came out because i was here when it dropped
blew my dick off shit it actually really good and deserves all the praise it gets and then some imo
>>
>>71516653
t. normalfag in denial
>>
>>71516576
it's a 9/10, Scaruffi's bitch
>>
File: 1469933738644.jpg (25KB, 452x548px) Image search: [Google]
1469933738644.jpg
25KB, 452x548px
>>71516576
>pays attention to hype
>>
>>71516667
>>71516612
>>
>>71516653

^

album is incredible in its subtlety & nuance

its exploration of identity through the lense of vastly varying relationships is nothing short of masterful. purposefully ambiguous regarding their allegorical nature, each somg is painted with complex yet evidently very personal emotional hues.

the album is a timeless classic. really listen to it in high quality. take time to digest the lyrics, songs, how the emotions in each song develops through the tracklist.

it's a grower, one that climbs skyward exponentially
>>
>>71516693
>the album is a timeless classic
made me laugh
>>
>>71516687
haha no I just care about genuinely good music that's interesting and relatable because I'm not some poseur who will wank himself off an obscure garbage album because I think listening to only non-popular music puts me above everyone else.
>>
>>71516700
>>71516663
>>
>>71516700
>I'm not some poseur who will wank himself off an obscure garbage album because I think listening to only non-popular music puts me above everyone else.
you mean you eat everything media feed you with?
nice
>>
>>71516706
>>71516713
you're talking like I said I listen to Ed Sheeran or even fucking Beyoncé. If you really think Frank is untalented or a hack your opinion on music is invalid. Anyway, go jerk yourself off to that obscure death whatever-core garbage you think is good because it's not popular.
>>
>>71516699

I'd really give it several proper listens mate, it's fantastic.

nikes exploration of youthful hedonism, it's temporary nature (rain/glitter) but still providing emotional respite (but I'll look after you/not in love, but I'll make love to you)

godspeed exploring Frank's relationship with religion and the church (the plethora of biblical references/organ themes), looking back in a fond yet accepting way, recognising its place in forming his identity even if he no longer believes in it; a far more mature bad religion

i could go on for every track
>>
wheres the new frank ocean you fucking plebs. fuck this place is trash now im going to reddit where they actually know about shit going on.
>>
>so this is actually shit
>just now realising this
You're pretty slow at this, it seems.
>>
>>71516846
>GrimesCuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.