[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'M SORRY I'M WHITE I'M SORRY I'M MALE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: AJJKNIFEMAN_original.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
AJJKNIFEMAN_original.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
I'M SORRY I'M WHITE
I'M SORRY I'M MALE
>>
>"sorry muslims! We are changing our name to AJJ, I now understand how problematic it is for people like us to use words like Jihad!"

music for losers
>>
There's nothing like being sorry for something that was out of your control before you were even born.
>>
Now you're ready to play punk or run a DIY spot in [current year]
>>
isnt that song supposed to be tongue in cheek though
>>
>>71509148
Um no?
>>
>>71509148
It's... hard to tell.
The whole "oh wow, look at me, i'm white and ' have everything i need, wow, so lucky" stuff clashes a lot with most of the other stuff, which is about how hard life is, depression, self loathing and all that. And "American Tune" is the one instance where they ever mention that kind of stuff too, at least up until the name change. So that all points to tongue in cheek.

But.
They changed their name because it was "problematic" and offensive to muslims and then released an album called The Bible 2.
>>
>>71508985
Stopped listening to "AJJ" (kek) after losing my virginity
>>
>>71509148
I don't think it's tongue in cheek, and it's also correct.

You do have some "luck," as they put it, if you're a straight white male in America. Not really an objectionable sentiment.
>>
>>71510038
Even FWP is pretty ambiguous imo
>>
im glad they changed their name actually

i was a little peeved that viet cong felt they needed to change theirs for no good reason and yet ajj was still walking around calling themselves "jihad"
>>
>>71510055
Are you me? If I recall correctly I stopped listening to them when I was 15, so about the time I lost my virginity too.
>>
>>71508947
I don't really take these guys seriously in political terms, their music is still entertaining.
>>
I fucking love these guys just because they trigger people way more than any traditional edgy musician.

shows how upset the bourgeoisie get when you call them out
>>
>>71510087
Nah, that's too over the top to be serious.
I mean, it is serious, but not as a an actual song against white people, but as an ironic statement. Sean sounds like an angry fuckwit in that particular song and i think it's on purpose to show that despite the justification you might have to behave like that, you really just come across as crass and idiotic.
>>
whats the ajj song where he goes la da da dadadadada
>>
>>71510198
Song Dedicated to Stormy the Rabbit from "People Who Can" album
>>
>>71510198
https://youtu.be/udlLebHViL0?t=57
>>
stopped listening to anything after this album

they were pretty fun to listen to in high school
>>
>>71510234
>>71510224
nah nha thats not it
its in the chorus and its rocky and fast lots of distortion on the guitar
>>
Andrew Jackson Jihad sucks because his music isn't interesting, its just a guy strumming his guitar like crazy while reading lines from MySpace/Tumblr, there isn't any clever songwriting/instrumentation going on, which makes his stuff really boring
>>
>>71510266
Ooooooh
https://youtu.be/mQpKx-o2sIQ

one of 2 good song off that album
>>
>>71510074
You're absolutely lucky if you're a straight white male. But it isn't something anyone should be sorry for.
>>
>>71510038
Trust me, self loathing and depression go hand in hand with hating your race.
>>
>>71510270
Can't Maintain onward have all kinds of instrumentation going on
>>
>>71510323
Fuck off dude
>>
>>71510323
The fuck they do. That doesn't even make sense.
If that were true i'd be lynching white people on a daily basis and i don't.
>>
>>71510325
Fuck, that orchestral section on "White Face, Black Eyes" is the most cathartic, transcendental thing ever.
>>
>>71510346
>>71510352
Oh, I didn't mean it that way.
>>
>>71510429
Did you mean it the other way arround?
Hating your own race goes hand in hand with self loathing and depressing is something that makes sense.
>>
>>71510463
Well they're both the same statement since the term "hand in hand" goes both ways, I should have specified that one was a result of the other.
>>
>>71510553
Semantics.
But we got there in the end.
>>
You really have to be really stupid to complain about the name change, people have always called them AJJ so the name change is a no-brainer as the band started gaining popularity, also it probably was losing them business like Viet Kong and if you think a band is gonna risk their livelihood in an era where over PCness is the norm just to "stick it to the man and offend people xd" you're an imbecile.
Also I don't like the band but I hate people that whine over retarded shit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.