[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best singer to come out of Seattle? 80's to present.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Mark-Lanegan-002-450x270.jpg (36KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
Mark-Lanegan-002-450x270.jpg
36KB, 450x270px
Best singer to come out of Seattle? 80's to present.
>>
Layne
>>
>>71496948
He ruined QOTSA
>>
>>71496966
this. dubs confirm
>>
>>71496966
Lifelong AiC fan, and Layne's probably my #2.

>>71497003
By singing on a couple of songs?
>>
>>71496948
>>
File: Isaac+Brock+hat.png (707KB, 1200x716px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac+Brock+hat.png
707KB, 1200x716px
what? no, obviously not

best is hands down isaac
>>
lol nobody comes out of seattle they all stay there because they're too weird for reality
>>
>>71497073
God unique sound, applied x1000. I like MM, but it's a bit predictable, right?
>>
>>71496966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gx957MEO4
>>
>>71497153
I knew this was gonna get posted
>>
>>71497143
whatever shortcomings they have musically (which are few) they make up for tenfold with the lyrics

isaac brock is without a doubt one of the best lyricists of the last 20 years
>>
>>71497182
"Fuck" goes a long way lyrically, I guess. Again, really do like them. One of my favorite bands of the 2000's. One of the few bands I like from the 2000's. But a bit limited in dynamics.
>>
>>71497153
four years later still no one gave a shit
>>
>>71497153
Damn he had some pipes.
Definitely best singer.
>>
>>71497211
i don't disagree, everything past Good News sounds pretty samey and you can tell they're losing steam, musically

but the music and lyrics they put out on that three album run from Long Drive to Moon & Antarctica was insane, not to mention all the non-album cuts that were recorded during that time
even after racking up dozens of plays on each album i'll read through the lyric sheets and still be taken aback by how clever and dry his humor is
>>
>>71497247
Absolutely. Great albums. And some songs from albums outside of Long Drive/Lonesome/Moon/Good News. But the question is who is the best singer. And he hasn't the pipes of Layne Staley or Mark Lanegan. Or Chris Cornell, or even Geoff Tate, for that matter. Great songwriter, especially in that stretch. Good, unique voice. But not the best singer in my opinion.
>>
>>71497326
fair enough, you got me
>>
Jeremy Enigk
>>
File: pecknold jesus.png (380KB, 395x549px) Image search: [Google]
pecknold jesus.png
380KB, 395x549px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.