[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on St. Vincent. does she have any discernible talent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: actor.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
actor.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
Redpill me on St. Vincent. does she have any discernible talent?
>>
I saw her live. She's talented in hand puppetry and degenerate liberalism. Other than that. No.
>>
File: tumblr_omjie8UPG31tpwysgo1_1280.png (1MB, 1230x1076px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omjie8UPG31tpwysgo1_1280.png
1MB, 1230x1076px
>>71495344
>degenerate liberalism
>imblying she's some reactionary capitalist
>>
>>71495315
No, she isn't. The only reason /mu/ loves her is that she is wifu material.
>>
>>71495315
I listened to her s/t on a whim recently on some really nice headphones and it impressed me a lot more than it had previously. Good guitar work, neat effects and solid production.

I've held that Actor and Strange Mercy are inconsistent but their highs are high (when the strings and the noisy guitar compliment each other and don't just meander aimlessly). I'll have to revisit both of those too.

Marry Me is objectively trash.
>>
>>71495315
I first saw her live before she was famous.

She opened for arcade fire. Played pretty much solo vocals and guitar for the whole set. Looked her up. A couple weeks later I went to see her tour her first album on a tiny stage in a half run-down bar in gastown. Barely enough room for her and her band. Was completely blown away. It was shoulder-to-shoulder standing room only and there were intimate moments where no one in the entire bare dared make a fucking sound because we were all completely mesmerized. And then she'd play a ripping angular fuzzed out guitar solo.

Hands down the best live show I've ever been to in my life. Instant fan.
>>
File: 74t534275uh4h97yi3wu.png (189KB, 598x507px) Image search: [Google]
74t534275uh4h97yi3wu.png
189KB, 598x507px
>redpill me
>>
>>71495344
Why did you even see her then
>>
>>71495434
To see what all the fuss was about.

I left halfway through to go see Wye Oak, a female musician with actual talent.
>>
>>71495398
Marry Me is her best album, you fucking pleb. Go listen to "Apocalypse Song" and try to act like that isn't her best song.
>>
>>71495591
Just listened to it, it's boring as shit and the vocals are terrible
>>
>>71495398
>Marry Me is objectively trash
No it isn't. It's a 7.5, which is between buy it eventually and buy it now, and higher than Pet Sounds.
>>
File: IMG_0475.jpg (22KB, 232x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
22KB, 232x350px
Your numbers come up honey
And so has my cock
The chips are down
And so are your wet panties
You came up trumps babe
And i came up your ass
IF YOU WANNA SEE MY HAND
YOU GOTTA SUCK MY COCK
>>
>>71495411
I don't like that picture.
>>
I've been listening since the 2000s but the David Byrne pantomime of her new work does nothing for me
>>
>>71495401
sounds awful & cringe
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.