[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about DOOM? Why does he wear the mask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Tell me about DOOM?
Why does he wear the mask
>>
>>71488926
SLIP LIKE FREUDIAN
>>
>>71488926
because it looks cool and it gives him an aura of mystery
>>
>>71488926
So he can skip his own shows
>>
>>71488926
Face scars
>>
HE BIG GUY 4 U! LOL
>>
i bet nigga never played doom lol
>>
He wears it because doesn't want to people to find out he voted for McCain in '08.
>>
>>71489618
This
>>
>>71488926
because he's actually biggie in disguise
>>
>>71489604
autism
>>
>>71488926
because he's a mupervillain

check out DangerDoom, the Four Tet Madvillain remixes, the Papermill single, and Madvillainy 2
>>
>>71489969
Not possible
>>
besides OP do people on here really not know why?
I'm not sure if this is the exact story but im pretty sure its because when he was young he was in a group called KMD that was him, his brother and a friend. then some stuff happened and then the group broke up, some more time passed and Doom's brother died. And at some point he went to jail for some time and when he got out he was homeless for a bit. So when he started rapping again after all that he wore the mask to separate himself from his younger rapper persona.... or something
>>
>>71491050
>beside OP
Read the post again
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on DOOM?
>>
>>71491050
KMD broke up because 1/3 of it died and Onyx the other MC was already pulling away from the group by the time the 2nd album was completed.. not the lack of Onyx verses on Black B_st_rds compared to Mr. Hood..

also once the second album was finished it was shelved by the record company anyways.. and officially released like 11 years after the fact
>and at some point he went to jail and was homeless
this is basically the only part you got right

He wears the mask so the charge won't grab.. but also because it is more about the music than what an MC looks like.. right?
>>
>He's actually English

Learning this has blown my mind
>>
>>71491964
it tickles me that an african-AMERICAN art form was dominated by a British national
>>
>>71491986
Hey, at least it's not as bad as Hollywood, where literally every actor is a Brit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/09/entertainment/samuel-l-jackson-british-black-actors/
>A film about the American black experience stars an actor that doesn't have any first-hand knowledge of the American black experience. The star of "Get Out" is British.
>>
>>71492056
oh shit that is interesting lol I saw Get Out but I didn't know that. I didn't mean it in any type away I stan for DOOM all day.
>>
>>71491304
Good rhymes, very creative, fun beats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0mes_vLk8
>>
>>71491623
oh yeah i do remember him saying it being more about the music in an interview now
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.