[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did anyone not go through an emo/edgy phase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: itsaphase.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
itsaphase.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
what was your alternative to emo when you were 14-16ish?
>>
Electronic music was my alt-emo phase
>>
sadly I was the type that listened to edgy metal and occasionally blink 182
>>
the beatles
>>
I went through an 'indie' phase
Foster the people was my favorite group
>>
>>71488248
i ask because it seems like all teenager just on the edge train. i know i did. i used to listen to bring me the horizon, avenged sevenfold and any japanese metal band like maximum the hormone (because was a fucking weeb)
>>
I listened to nothing but classical music until 14, then I mostly listened to britpop and alternative/indie rock
My fav bands were Coldplay, Muse, Blur Radiohead and Elbow
>>
>>71488339
*teenagers just jump on the edge train
fuck my spelling
>>
mid 2000s Adult Swim music like FlyLo and DOOM. Everybody else was listening to Green Day and the Strokes
>>
>>71488248
Streetlight Manefesto
>>
File: happy_cows-21.jpg (54KB, 450x295px) Image search: [Google]
happy_cows-21.jpg
54KB, 450x295px
I'm 20 and I just keep getting more depressed, but yeah I was completely goth when I was 15
>>
>>71488248
No, I was too busy being a good boy and studying. Yeah, fun, I know.
>>
hollywood undead - swan songs

edge lord anthems
>>
>>71488248
I hated the whole emo thing, then i became one. I did like mcr and shit like that but i dis also listen to shit like SDRE. So i wasn't completely cringe, just mostly.
>>
I really liked Meshuggah and Acacia Strain, some proggy stuff like Scale the Summit and Animals as Leaders, definitely went to Warped Tour every year etc etc. i was just learning drums too so it made sense
>>
Stoner Metal, even though I didn't do drugs
>>
>>71488712
so was I, and I feel like I entered the edgy phase now. Maybe everyone has to go through it, and the earlier you do, the better? All I know is that it sucks.
>>
/mu/ core
>>
>>71488765
Lame
>>
2000's indie phase, still like some albums but not like I used to
>>
>>71488773
I hadn't thought about it that way. I think you're right. I'm probably in something of an emo phase right now. Making up for lost growth I guess.
>>
I went through a buttrock phase. Breaking Benjamin, Puddle of Mudd, Seether, Rev Theory, Saliva all that shit. Probably because I watched a lot of wrestling at the time and that was all the music they would use.
>>
>>71488248
I was not into music until I was like 15. Idk if it counts as edgy but the music I listened to was stuff like Pixies, Pavement, R.E.M. and others cataloged "alternative"
I never dressed all goth, but liked Joy Division and Bauhaus, so idk if that counts. I still like all that music, btw. It's just that it's not my favourite anymore.
>>
>>71488248
Pink Floyd - the wall
and later Spiderland
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.