[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Travis Scott?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: afeb1a06.jpg (44KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
afeb1a06.jpg
44KB, 790x395px
What does /mu/ think of Travis Scott?
>>
>>71481560
i love travis listening to him rn
>>
>>71481560
He's a tryhard faggot with an irritating personality but the amazing production/guest features the studio lines up for him makes for pretty solid music.
>>
>>71481635
This. Seems like the dude thinks he's the next Kanye, but his only good album has been Rodeo and maybe Days Before Rodeo. I'm not really that confident he's got it in him to create another huge album like Rodeo. At this point I'm kind of convinced he didn't produce/make most of it.
>>
he's an idiot with a weird face and i suspect he has autism but some of his tunes are good and i liked rodeo
(straight up) is a funny meme but i got tired of it

>>71481699
i agree, it's not clear at all to me how much of rodeo being good was due to him
maybe the producers and guest verses would make for an equally good album if you just replaced him with some other dude
>>
>>71481699
>Seems like the dude thinks he's the next Kanye
It drives me crazy that this is an opinion that exists. When Kanye came on the scene he was a scrappy, loveable young producer who transformed the game by rapping about Jesus and working at the Gap while everyone else was beating their chest and rapping about Glocks and 22in chrome rims. In contrast, Travis came on the scene as a completely generic swag/lean/hypebeast/xanny industry plant who made basically the same trap shit that scores of other artists were already making. Additionally, Kanye has been the one of the top 3 or most relevant rappers (critically and commercially) since the College Dropout. Travis is two albums deep and he has never even been in the top 10 or so. How are the two even remotely comparable?
>>
File: trav.png (483KB, 791x439px) Image search: [Google]
trav.png
483KB, 791x439px
>>71481560
>>
>>71482058
delete yourself my man
>>
>>71482050
Travis wasn't generic. He had a darker tone, more gothic and epic instrumentals than others.
>>
>>71482083
His production (which he probably has little to do with) has always been solid but his lyrical content and persona goes beyond being generic. He has no soul whatsoever as an artist, he just regurgitates all of the "hype" shit he heard other trap artists talking about. By his own admission isn't even a drug user or someone who used to be "in the trap" in real life, he just raps about that stuff because it's what's popular. I mean, even Deadspin writers recognize how much a cornball poser this guy is and that's really saying something.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/travis-scott-is-worse-than-iggy-azalea-1682870003
>>
>>71481560
hes a hack t b h
>>
>>71482131
He can definitely produce bangers by himself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZCC1BkBYvU
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.